“DIRTY PLATES, WRONG FOOD, AND TERRIBLE SERVICE”
Review of Applebee's

Applebee's
Ranked #476 of 809 Restaurants in Asheville
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Our party had 7 people, the food took forever (over 25 min) in a nearly empty restaurant. 4 people received obviously dirty plates or glassware !!! When we asked for new plates you would have thought we had asked the waitress to part the red sea by her reaction, ( loud sighing, rolling of the eyes, and when she did return with new plates she slammed them down on our table.) My son is handicapped so we ordered MILD boneless wings (finger food) for him. When we received them I tried one to make sure they were MILD. THEY HAD BROUGHT HIM VERY SPICY WINGS !!!! My wife and daughter tried them after I did and their eyes immediately watered up. When we were finally able to get our waitress to come to our table she very smugly informed us that "Those are the mild wings". We asked her to please replace them with barbeque wings ( more sighing, eye rolling, etc.) The rest of the meal went fine. The food was OK even if the portions were smaller than Applebee's normal size. Finally at the end of the meal the replacement wings ( my son's dinner) showed up. I tried one to make sure the wings were correct. After the initial barbeque flavor dissipated, my mouth immediately became hot. I counted the wings and would you believe it, they brought him 9 wings. THE SAME WINGS I HAD SENT BACK. 12 WINGS - 3 WINGS (WE HAD TRIED) = 9 WINGS LEFT !!! THEY HAD APPARENTLY DUNKED THEM IN BARBAQUE SAUCE, REHEATED THEM IN THE MICROWAVE ( KINDA CHEWY), AND HAD BROUGHT THEM BACK OUT TO US !!! THEN TO TOP IT ALL OFF THEY TRIED TO CHARGE ME FOR A SECOND SET OF WINGS !!! WHEN CONFRONTED THEY CLAIMED IT WAS A NEW SET OF WINGS, BUT STUTTERED AND COULD NOT EXPLAIN WHY THERE WERE ONLY 9 WINGS IN THE SUPPOSSED "NEW" ORDER OF WINGS. WE HAD TO STOP AT MC DONALDS ON THE WAY HOME TO BUY MY SON A CHEESEBURGER MEAL. I WILL NEVER EAT AT THIS PLACE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!
1. I DO NOT ENJOY EATING OFF OF SOMEONE ELSES DIRTY PLATE OR GLASSES
2. I EXPECT TO RECIEVE WHAT I ORDER OR AT LEAST SOME ATTEMPT TO CORRECT A MISTAKE, NOT SOMEONE TRYING TO B.S. ME WITH WARMED OVER FOOD
3. I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO FLING A BISCUIT AT A WAITRESS'S HEAD TO GET HER ATTENTION
4. IF YOU WANT MY MONEY/BUSSINESS TREAT ME LIKE A HUMAN BEING NOT A HOG AT THE FEEDING TROUGH !!!

1  Thank Darren C

Reviewed 21 January 2014

The waitress was patient and checked on us regularly. The food was hot and came out quickly. If you go after 9, they have $5 appetizers and several all day drink specials.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

We eat at this particular chain restaurant often. We found this meal to be exceptional with taste. The staff was polite and helpful. The only problem was we had a very loud table of 3 beside us and it was obnxious behavior, which we felt should have been addressed. Thankfully the party left soon after we arrived!

Reviewed 12 June 2013

The food was awesome, the wait staff was friendly and prompt. Had a 5 minute wait at the door but it was worth it.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Applebee's has long been one of our favorite restaurants. The food is of high quality no matter what location you choose. As a Vietnam Veteran I appreciate the free meals the give to Veterans on Veterans Day. Sunday my wife and I had the garlic sirloin steak with creamed spinach on a Portobello mushroom. The steak was a 7 ounce portion cooked to perfection on top a bed of sautéed onions. All the food was very succulent. Our waitress was very friendly and efficient on a busy Sunday afternoon. I am grateful for establishments like Applebee's for their good food and their display of much needed patriotism. We ate at the Patton Ave location in West Asheville