“A great time in the trees!”

Asheville Treetops Adventure Park
More attraction details
Owner description: A family friendly obstacle course in the trees with 60 bridges, cable walks, cargo nets, rolling elements, slides, tunnels, and other unique challenges. Asheville Treetops Adventure Park is set up with 5 trails to choose from. Easier trails are closer to the ground and have easier challenges. Intermediate and advanced trails are higher and offer increasing difficulty and are great for older teens and adults looking for fun, adventure, challenge, and physical activity. Participants, 4 yrs old and older, have 2-3 hours to climb and explore on their own with high tech "smart belay" systems that are designed to prevent children and adults from unclipping from the safety system. Great fun for friends, families, and co-worker outings. Perfect for school groups, scouts, church groups, and birthday parties. KidZip at ATAP is a zipline course of 9 Ziplines and 4 climbs designed for children 4-10 to enjoy with their parents. Ziplines are lower and shorter than traditional Ziplines. With 2 hours of zipping the KidZip course, children have time to do the course numerous times. All children 4-6 on Treetops or KidZip must be accompanied by a 1 on 1 parent/adult. KidZip is a separate activity and fee from Treetops Park.
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Had a fantastic time on the zip line course! I am usually scared of heights, but the staff made me feel so comfortable! They even have double zips so you can race people! Cant wait to go back and try other courses offered by this group!

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I took 20 high school student government members to ATA. What a blast! The staff was very helpful and knowledgeable. Everyone gets a lesson on harnessing and safety before you begin and once you are ready to go you start off on an "easy"course. Our group split up to do different courses and there were smiles and encouragement all around. Some of the obstacles are scary, but there is always a friendly ranger on the ground to talk you through! Big shout out to BILLY our ranger extraordinaire! He even came up to the treetops to get a group of us through the orange course. Great people, great service and above all an AMAZING afternoon (we spent about 3 hours)! So worth it!
Make sure you wear sneakers and longer shorts!
We will be back--thanks Beverly, Wells and all the rangers!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Don't go here if you are worried about safety. They failed to strap me into my harness before we went up into the ropes course. I pointed it out, they fixed it, but it still slipped throughout the course. Then, there is no staff to be found once you are up on the course to give pointers or help. This is not my experience from other high ropes courses I have been on. The courses themselves are challenging and a blast - but would be way more fun if they actually had enough staff to assist.

2  Thank Lovemyvegetables
MakeitaGREATday, Owner at Asheville Treetops Adventure Park, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Thank you for visiting Asheville Treetops Adventure Park. We appreciate your thoughts about your experience. All reviews are read and shared with our team to congratulate them on a job well done or to improve our Guest service experiences. Safety is a top priority for us. Rangers go through an intensive 3-4 day training and then continue regular training and review to assure they can work confidently with Guests needing assistance. Our equipment utilizes new technology most ropes courses do not have and assures you are always clipped into the system. This "Smart Belay" clipping system allows our Guests much more freedom than a traditional ropes course. This allows Guests to move throughout the park as individuals at their own pace . Many people who have participated in old ropes courses are surprised and impressed by the system that allows adults and children manage their own equipment without concern of disconnecting from the safety system . That being said, our Park Rangers should be accessible when assistance is required. We are looking at ways we can improve our coverage during busier times in peak season. We are also reviewing our steps and gear check processes, especially during busier times. Thanks again for your comments.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

My husband and children (ages 8 and 10) and I tried this out as we were staying at the hotel next door and had some time to work out some energy. At first I thought this would be kind of a rip-off: it seemed like a lot of money to spend for 2 hours, especially if everyone didn't enjoy it. A couple of hours later, we were glad for the break -- although my 8 year old daughter could easily enjoy all of the elements, this is not a course for those who are totally out of shape or who are not seeking an adventure! We spent the first few minutes getting acquainted with the process -- learning the method of our new vocabulary word "tweezling" and how to navigate the ropes course carefully. Once we finished the guided blue course we set off on one step harder (green, which I actually thought was easier), and then we were brave enough to try a yellow course, a huge step up. It was much higher in the trees and the elements were way more challenging. The first time we tried it, my children were scared from the start, but the guides were patient and encouraging, and as soon as they got started, the kids skittered right through as their parents huffled and puffled along to keep up. :) The view from the treetops was beautiful and the elements were creative and fun. We never felt unsafe and we were always near a guide to help navigate us if we needed advice. Once my daughter needed help with a caribiner and a guide climbed up 35 feet to help her within -- literally -- seconds. These people are patient and work hard to ensure you have a good time. When we finished the yellow course we'd had enough and we were ready to call it a day. There was no way we could have done more! It was so fun and we cannot wait to try this again. Next time we are headed to the ziplines!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

My wife and I originally did the adult zip line which was fun, and then we took our kids to the tree top adventure park and kid-friendly zip line. It was a FABULOUS experience. Watching my 4 and 5 year old girls navigate the tree tops and zip across the field was so amazing. The staff is incredible. They are friendly, helpful, safety-minded yet they don't get in the way. My 4 year old got scared at one point and the staff was mindful enough to not make her feel bad or wrong, they just lowered her down, and then encouraged her to try again…which she did, and she ended doing ALL the zip lines on her own…4 years old!! This place is a gem and worth every penny.

1  Thank Marc M