“Tree Top Adventure Park”

Asheville Treetops Adventure Park
More attraction details
Owner description: A family friendly obstacle course in the trees with 60 bridges, cable walks, cargo nets, rolling elements, slides, tunnels, and other unique challenges. Asheville Treetops Adventure Park is set up with 5 trails to choose from. Easier trails are closer to the ground and have easier challenges. Intermediate and advanced trails are higher and offer increasing difficulty and are great for older teens and adults looking for fun, adventure, challenge, and physical activity. Participants, 4 yrs old and older, have 2-3 hours to climb and explore on their own with high tech "smart belay" systems that are designed to prevent children and adults from unclipping from the safety system. Great fun for friends, families, and co-worker outings. Perfect for school groups, scouts, church groups, and birthday parties. KidZip at ATAP is a zipline course of 9 Ziplines and 4 climbs designed for children 4-10 to enjoy with their parents. Ziplines are lower and shorter than traditional Ziplines. With 2 hours of zipping the KidZip course, children have time to do the course numerous times. All children 4-6 on Treetops or KidZip must be accompanied by a 1 on 1 parent/adult. KidZip is a separate activity and fee from Treetops Park.
Reviewed 10 August 2014

What a great way to spend several hours on a summer afternoon. Our girls had an incredible time traversing the obstacle courses. The "rangers" were great helping out as needed.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We had a group of 20 from adult to 5 years old. Everyone had a great time. The courses are challenging and we were most impressed with the safety of the clipping system.

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I did the adventure course while we were visiting and we had a blast. We are both pretty athletic and thought the courses were pretty demanding, we both left with sore arms! The staff was very helpful particularly one guy who talked me through my second course. I could have definitely used him when I did the orange course! A great time if you are looking for some active fun.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We did the zip line and ropes course package. We had a group that ranged in age from 11 - 68. Our zip line guides, Grant and Drew, were fun and gave directions that were clear and easy to understand. Another family with us had a teen who was afraid of heights--they got him through it without a hitch! At the ropes course Lauren gave our ground training and again was fun and gave clear easy to understand directions. One of my daughters was on a difficult course and got very scared. Lauren climbed to her, talked her through two obstacles, and then got her rappelled down to the ground. Her poise and ease with my daughter was outstanding. Lauren got her talking about her dogs which stopped the crying and distracted her so that she was able to complete the obstacle. My other daughter got to an obstacle that she just couldn't get through. Again Lauren responded and safely rappelled her to the ground. I highly recommend this facility. The courses were fun and the staff made it a perfect day!

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

My son (7) is adventurous but lacks confidence. Upon arrival, he immediately got scared and wanted to "go home!!" (Uhh, did I mention we live in Chicago?)
BOBBY to the rescue! He took my fuming and screaming son to the course to show him what it was all about. After about fifteen minutes calmed my son enough to get him on the course.
Two hours of sheer fun later, my son wanted to move on to the challenging (yellow) course. Although the min age is 7, the second obstacle requires you to walk across suspended log chunks. My son froze halfway. I mean FROZE. He was terrified. He would not allow me to help him and didn't want anyone else to help. BOBBY and ZACH to the rescue!!! They worked with him for an HOUR to get him across. They helped my son maintain his dignity and prevented us from leaving the course defeated.
I CANNOT thank these two gentlemen enough!!!

2  Thank GimmeBeaches