“Excellent Choice for Light Meals and More”

East Village Grille
Ranked #133 of 809 Restaurants in Asheville
Price range: US$6 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Greek
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We stopped here one night during our trip down the Blue Ridge Parkway. The restaurant was off the first Asheville exit into Asheville from the Parkway heading south to the Smokies.

The building is a non decript type along Tunnel Road, and doesn't really stand out.

The food was excellent, and the menu was extensive, from burgers, wraps, steaks, chicken, BBQ, and on and on. We would be regular customers, if we lived in the area.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

most of the choices were red meat and heavy. They involved grease and/or cheese. Friendly service and surprisingly decent wine list but the food was mediocre at best.

1  Thank Denise J
Reviewed 31 March 2014

On a recent trip to Asheville, my husband and I avoided all chains and wanted something different. We asked the front desk clerk at our hotel for a restaurant recommendation and she told us about this place which was less than a mile down the road. Food was amazing, we had burgers. I tried the Owen burger which came with their homemade pimento cheese and pickled green tomatoes! My mouth is watering just thinking about it! Staff so SO friendly. We were in Asheville for 4 days and stopped in twice. The second time we ordered to go and they were very accommodating allowing us to order even though it was close to closing. And then they helped carry it to our car. Definitely recommend this place.

Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

This was a recommendation from the lady at the front desk at the hotel we were staying at...which I'm really glad we took her advice! The server was great! The menu had so many choices I decided on a club sandwich and it was the best I ever had, it's presentation was so cool, I had to snap a picture! Fries were very tasty crisp not soggy. Great traveler stop.

1  Thank Wubykins
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We came here at the recommendation of our hotel, Day Inn, and we found the service extremely friendly and the food was very good. I noticed a plague on the wall which proclaimed the establishment to be an official Green Bay Packers location, which means the broadcast all the Packer games on their TV sets in the bar and restaurant area. How cool is that. I immediately went out to my car and put on my Packer hat before returning to my seat. If ever in town again I would frequent this place.