“Simple Elegance in Asheville”
Review of Bonefish Grill

Bonefish Grill
Ranked #214 of 800 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 10 February 2014

After seeing "The Monuments Men," George Clooney's tour de force at the Carmike, I thought that nothing could be more fitting than to top off the evening with a visit to The Bonefish Grill right down the road. It was only 6:30 pm, so there was no crowd on a Sunday evening, and we were seated right away.

Our waiter, who had just arrived in Asheville from The Queen City with his family, was attentive and polite, and I could see immediately that he was experienced. I ordered a nice Chardonnay from the bar, and my wife had her usual hot exotic green tea. Not being that hungry, we first shared the Singapore Calamari, served with peppers and tangy Asian sauce. It was delicious.

I then had one of the "Held Hands" dishes, the tempura fried Fish and Chips, and it was light and flaky, and I had to order a box to take one of the three large pieces of fish home. My wife ordered a scallops and shrimp dinner with mango sauce and garbanzo beans. She also had to take some of her dinner home, except for the garbanzos--but only because she won't eat both garbanzos and mashed potatoes. We were both quite satisfied with our meals.

We decided to forgo dessert and coffee to go home and watch the Olympics, instead. We plan to return for "Tuesday Tales of Lobster," available every Tuesday, The Lobster Roll Sliders and Fries for $7.90 sounds good to me, as does the Blackberry Tom Collins for $5.

There are newer reviews for Bonefish Grill

Reviewed 28 January 2014

I'd been wanting to try one and wasn't disappointed. The service was great, the drinks from the bar were good and the food excellent. We ended up with the bang bang shrimp and it was spicy and tender. I'm looking forward to going back and trying something different.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

We always enjoy Bonefish Grill. The service here is great and the food is always delicious. My favorite appetizer is the Bang Bang Shrimp. We will be back again soon!

Reviewed 8 November 2013

When travelling we often stop in chain restaurants to have a consistent experience. This was the first time we went to Bonefish and we were pleasantly surprised. Our waiter was attentive ad gave us plenty of time to finish appetizers before serving salads and the meal. All the dishes were fresh and tasty. Sine we went here several of our friends have mentioned that they enjoy eating at this restaurant in other locations.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Bonefish Grills are almost always very good restaurants but this one was about the best we've been too. The food and the service couldn't have been better. We started out the dinner with a fresh apple martini. It's one of their special seasonal drinks. The waiter was nice enough to tell us the ingredients. Seafood was prepared to perfection. Very pleasant experience.