“Perfect for the price...and a quick overnight stay”

Days Inn Asheville/Tunnel Road & I-40
Ranked #31 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed 18 June 2012

A friend and I were traveling from the midwest to the beach in SC and I booked this on Hotwire for $52 for the night. They placed us in a smoking room which smelled like a bar from outside the door in the hallway, but once a quick call was made to the desk, we were moved (even at 2am) to a non-smoking room.

Room was fine, nothing special, but great for simply sleeping. My only reservations about staying were the smoking smells and the creepy elevator. The breakfast was simple, but had variety...the nice woman even went int he back to grab some ketchup packets for me when I asked if they had any.

Sink in the room drained VERY slow and was pretty nasty while brushing teeth and washing face. Room was fairly clean. Great for the price. Would not stay for a visit.

Room Tip: specify non-smoking for a clean room here.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,090)

Reviewed 18 June 2012

This is a good hotel for anyone visiting Biltmore House. My wife finally talked me into taking our kids to see it and we stayed at the Days Inn very close to the gates. It has a great location, and everyone seemed nice, but noithing just popped about it. I would stay here again, the room was clean and it was good for a one nighter.;

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Ethan I
Reviewed 18 June 2012

There are some mixed reviews on this property due to construction and the nearby rail line--but I had a great two day family stay and could not have been more pleased with the facility and staff.

I think I heard the train once while I was there and the construction is almost completed. Talking to one of workers, I found out this project was weather delayed and they are working seven days to get it done and it already looks great and the stucco job should be finished any day.

This facility is not right in the middle of a gaggle of food establishments, but a short drive will get you to downtown Asheville (west) or Black Mountain (east) where there is just about any kind of food you could want.

The staff was very polite and helpful and the breakfast bar was well stocked, varied selection and the two women monitoring the area were always busy making sure everything was filled and the room was clean.

As I was checking out, the woman at the counter wished me good travels and added she hoped to see us again if we were back in Asheville. While Asheville is not a yearly trip, you can bet we will be back at this facility, whether we are going to Asheville OR Black Mountain. This is too a value to pass up for a place to sleep, take a shower and grab a quick morning snack.

Evidently, the word is out because this place was packed both nights we were there (Friday and Saturday).

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Jim M
Reviewed 16 June 2012

This is my hotel of choice in Asheville, NC. I am there about once a month. The staff there is outstanding in their customer service! (They always call me by name and make sure that everything to do with my time there is five-star.)
The hotel is clean, the breakfast is good, and there is a very nice outdoor pool (very clean). I like having a fridge, microwave and coffee maker there in my room. The hotel is in a convenient location...at an exit right off I-40. It is also near the Blue Ridge Parkway, the Folk Art Center, and not far away from the center of the city.
The value (price paid for what you receive) is amazing!
I cannot say enough (great things) about this Days Inn and the SUPER staff!! No wonder I have been staying at this hotel every time I am in Western NC...for the past ten plus years!
Thank you, Days Inn!!

Room Tip: Top floor (3rd) is always quieter because there is no one over you. It's better to stay on the...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank MamaMooDurham_NC
Reviewed 14 June 2012

I stayed at this motel for three days while my husband recovered from surgery at the VA hospital. It was close to the hospital which was really convenient. I loved the quietness of my room. I only heard another guest one time while I was there. The room was beautifully decorated and sparkling clean. The breakfast was delicious. I would highly recommend this motel!

Room Tip: I enjoyed the room with one queen bed.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank conev
Reviewed 14 June 2012

It was my first stay at a Days Inn and it was a good experience. The rooms are large and beautifully decorated. I like having table and chairs for in-room eating along with a desk and chair to surf the internet. The mattresses were firm like I need and this is so rare. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Regina W
Reviewed 14 June 2012

Days Inn Asheville East is a nice quiet place to stay. The rooms are modern, clean, and the staff at Days Inn Asheville East are always friendly and helpful. Convenient location right off of I-40 and convenient to Asheville sites.

Room Tip: We have stayed on the lst and 3rd floor and they all seem fine.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family