“A Good Bargain and a Great Location”

Days Inn Asheville/Tunnel Road & I-40
Ranked #30 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed 15 June 2013

This is our second time staying at this days inn. This time we are actually only staying here before moving on to our true destination but I felt I had to write this review to let people staying in Asheville (especially if the Biltmore is your destination) know that this is an excellent place to relax. Of course this is no 5 star Hilton, but this hotel is an A+ for the money you'll spend and the location. The rooms have a microwave and a refrigerator, they are clean and smell pleasant, and (heaven forbid) everything in our room actually works! Which is rarer than it should be when traveling. I would recommend this hotel as a great bargain, if you need a place to stay while visiting the Biltmore, look no further.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Snjones329

Reviewed 15 June 2013

Value: Pet fee was low at only $10/night, Room rate was low at only $95/Friday night, Parking spots are narrow.

Cleanliness: Stink bug landed on my arm and started to crawl on me while I was lying in the bed. There was also an ant in the room.

Location: This is the farthest east you can get and still claim to be in the city of Asheville. It's about a 15 minute drive to downtown. This place is really not near anything other than to make a quick getaway out of town in the eastern bound direction.

Rooms: We were in a non-smoking room, but there was some sort of bad odor in the room when we checked in. We eventually got used to it as the night went on. We only stayed for one night so we put up with it without complaining.

Kids activities: Young kid + hotel = leave hotel and go out and do something fun.

Restaurant: Stopped by as they were closing up at 10:00 AM. They were raided and there was nothing left. So, I have no clue what their free breakfast was like.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Reviewed 12 June 2013

the room smelled like stale smoke that made my clothes and my hair smell like I just walked out of a bar. I don't smoke so this was very disgusting to me and my girl friend. The room was way too small. The breakfast was average.
This was a bit overpriced for the quality of the room.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

Clean rooms, decent breakfast. Good Staff! I booked on the Internet. Breakfast is daily...hard boiled eggs, toast, pastries, cereal, oatmeal, waffles, apples and bananas. We came and checked in at 3pm. Parking at night is limited...but found a spot. This is a pet friendly hotel. Easy check-in and checkout.

Stayed: June 2013