“Superb! Absolutely superb!”
Review of Asheville Cottages

Asheville Cottages
Reviewed 22 August 2013

We spent a weekend at the Cottages as a gift from our children for our 40th anniversary. Our children are well traveled and have good taste, so we were not worried at all about the accommodations.
Well .....
Sophisticated mountain elegance. Very nicely appointed and very private. No one to see or talk to on arrival or departure. Very mature.
Great, clean new cottages: rain shower, heated towel bar, heated FLOOR (bath) HOT hot tube, a grill, stone fireplace, Dish TV, all modern appliances and a fridge stocked with some essentials .
Nearby restaurants were really good too! (Apollo - Greek/Italian, and the Stone Ridge Tavern - steaks, trout, etc. - decor reminds one of Colorado).
Nearby is the NC Arboretum and the Blue Ridge Parkway - fantastic views! Easy access to downtown too.
We were very pleased with everything. Ideal for the experienced traveled who will appreciate a well thought out accommodation. Very nice indeed.

Room Tip: Based on our experience, select any one of the six cottages and it will be perfect.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 August 2013

These were everything I expected and more! Even my teenage son was impressed, and that's saying something. I was a little worried with them being attached that we might hear noise from the attached cabin, but never heard a thing! The snacks and REAL coffee creamer were a nice surprise. I only wished we had more time to enjoy it, although we are coming back next weekend after we drop our older son at Furman. I would highly recommend this place; convenient highway access too.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Poplar cottage for three nights for our anniversary. It was everything we expected it to be and MORE! I have traveled extensively and this is one of my favorite places I have ever stayed. It was amazing- clean, full of amenities, peaceful and quiet. The perfect weekend getaway! The cottages are about a 15 minute drive to downtown which we did every evening for dinner. We did not mind the drive at all. It is 5 minutes from the Blue Ridge Parkway and the Arboretum. I was actually sad to leave our wonderful accommodations~ we will definitely be back!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank scoops33
Reviewed 9 August 2013

There is little to add to previous glowing reviews. We stayed in the Chestnut and felt at home from the moment we walked in the door. Totally clean and comfortable. Tracie and Marshall have done their homework, and attention to detail is amazing. The very private hot tub on the deck was icing on the cake...and soothed our sore muscles after hiking/exploring this amazing area. We hope to visit the Asheville Cottages again this winter.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2013

We stayed at Marshal and Tracie's Asheville Cottages in their new Ivy cottage with our family of 4 (2 children ages 13 and 16) in mid July. We were happily surprised that the cottage EXCEEDED our expectations! So clean, every detail attended to (ie extra batteries for the remote controls), and a great hot tub to soothe sore bodies after a day of exploring. the heated bathroom floors were also quite enjoyable, even in the summer.
We would HIGHLY recommend the Asheville Cottages as well as Marshal and Tracie to anyone who wishes to stay in these convenient, beautifully appointed and very clean cottages!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank peakplanner
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We spent 3 nights at the Asheville Cottages. It is obvious that the owners of these cottages paid great attention to every last detail. There is a very nice welcome basket with oatmeal, coffee, teas, muffins, granola bars, and Reese's cups, as well as some juice and soda in the fridge. I absolutely LOVED the bathroom with the heated floors, towel warmer, and the "Bee Kind" shampoo/lotion/soap. The sleep number bed was delightful to sleep in, and the jacuzzi on the back porch was the icing on the cake. It was just lovely from start to finish. My friend and I left feeling pampered and relaxed. It was close to everything we wanted to see, including the Biltmore Mansion and the quirky, artsy town of Asheville. We ate at Moe's BBQ and 12 Bones BBQ--both were delicious, but I loved the jalapeno cheese grits at 12 Bones the best. Tupelo Honey Cafe had great food as well. Highly recommend the Asheville Cottages!

Room Tip: Larger cabins have larger hot tubs. The smaller cabin's hot tubs are perfect for 2 people.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank DEBHAPPY2B
Reviewed 31 July 2013

My husband and I stayed in the Maple Cottage for 4 nights and had a wonderful time. I have been in many rentals over my life and this was by far the cleanest rental I had ever stayed in. We were celebrating our first anniversary and there was a lovely note & bottle of sparkling grape juice to greet us when we walked in the door. We had such a relaxing time and hope to go back one day.

Room Tip: Our cottage (Maple) was at the far end and was away from the other cottages. Very private.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple