“Wonderful Home Away From Home”
Review of Asheville Cottages

Asheville Cottages
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Headed to Asheville for the first time earlier this month. Our family of 4 spent a week in the Ivy and we are glad we did. Read many reviews before booking and pleased we chose these cottages over a standard hotel room. Had a wonderful stay. All the little details were taken care of. Very comfortable set up. Full kitchen and washer/dryer. Hot tub a plus after full days of hiking and other outdoor adventures. The location was just off the beaten path but close enough that you could be having dinner downtown and then be back to the cottage within 20 minutes. Would definitely return in the future. A big thank you to the Manche family.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We stayed in April for 2 nights with our family. The cottage was clean and very close to everything. Our 5 year old son enjoyed the hot tub. We were very surprised at how affordable the cottage was. The first days breakfast and snacks was a great ease to us to not have to rush off to the store right away. Inside the cottage there were plenty of family games and entertainment. It was a very quick and straight shot to the Biltmore and the villages.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank hb1216
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My new bride and I toured the Low Country (Charleston, Savannah) for the first part of our honeymoon then wanted a mountain getaway to cap things off and couldn't have been happier with our cottage. In fact, we had originally booked a two night stay followed by a night at the Grand Bohemian in Biltmore Village, the nicest hotel in the region. After a 10 minute tour of the Aspen, my wife said "this is the cutest place I've ever seen," we cancelled our room at the Grand and stayed put for our entire stay in Asheville. The cottages are only about 15 minutes from everything in Asheville, with a local grocery store and a few restaurants even closer, yet you feel like your much farther in the wilderness on arrival. The Aspen had a grill, automatic fireplace, hot tub, heated floors in the bathroom, DISH Network with movie channels, a washer/dryer and was stocked with plenty of snacks. We definitely plan on returning the next time we visit the area, it's well worth it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Joe K
Reviewed 11 June 2014

My husband and I stayed in the Aspen cottage for two nights and I definitely wish it was longer! The cottage is just as pictured and just as inviting. The process to reserve the cottage and get a key was very smooth and we loved all of the amenities provided in the cottage. The snacks, instant oatmeal and juices were a great touch and helped us start our day. The area is very quiet and isolated, but we really enjoyed the relaxation. I would note that you really cannot walk to anything, but many options are a short drive away. If we ever find ourselves in Asheville, we will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Natalie D
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I stayed at the Laurel. Having sent months reading cabin/cottages reviews, I knew Asheville Cottages was my first and only choice. Yet, when I entered and started getting settled, I still thought WOW!!! That feeling lasted for my entire four day visit. Their website is one you can absolutely trust! The efforts the owners have taken to provide for the needs of their guests exude an old-fashioned sense of pride in their establishment. I look forward to returning.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Wife and I really enjoyed these beautiful cottages. Only a few short miles to downtown Asheville, the location was great. Appreciated the privacy. The cottage was surprisingly well stocked. Linens and bed were super comfortable. Asheville Cottages were just what we were hoping for.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My husband and I stayed in the Chestnut for our honeymoon and it was all that we hoped for. The cottage was clean, up to date, and outfitted with several perks such as a heated bathroom floor, towel warmer, and hot tub. The cottage was also welcoming, due to the hospitality of the owners (even though we never saw them). There was a snack bowl upon arriving, guide book, and reviews of restaurants and such from previous guests. The cottage was private too, even though the Chestnut shared a wall with another cottage. We appreciated the fully equipped kitchen as well!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple