“Excellent Accommodation, Wonderful Hosts.”
Review of Asheville Cottages

Asheville Cottages
USA
“Excellent Accommodation, Wonderful Hosts.”
Reviewed 10 July 2010

We booked our trip to the Asheville Cottages after friends of ours were going, who had been before and highly recommended it. This is a family run business so you get the personal feeling which is nice. Tracie who dealt with our booking was very nice and sent us a welcome packet to know exactly what to expect, with directions to the cottage, since its not on GPS or GoogleMaps, which was great since I drove into an empty field following my GPS.

We stay'd in the Chestnut and were pleasantly surprised with how comfortable, clean and accommodating the cottage was. My wife and I are not much of the outdoorsy type so this made us feel right at home. In a quiet location not far from the main road it was very romantic, with the gas fireplace and the hot tub with the bitter cold outside made it very cosy, especially Skiing up at Wolf Laurel (which isn't the best). My wife and I thought the heated flooring in the bath room was a nice touch too.

My only complaint is the fact they had free wireless internet, as I ended up working at one point before realizing my wife wasn't very happy!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
AshevilleCottagesSA, Public Relations Manager at Asheville Cottages, responded to this review, 14 July 2010
Thank you for submitting your review to Trip Advisor! Your comments seemed very positive, but I noticed you ranked 'Service' only 3 out of 5. If there's anything specific we could do to improve our service, we'd love to hear it! We strive to make our guests as comfortable as possible, and we welcome your suggestions.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Key West, Florida
Reviewed 7 July 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Bent Tree cottage of Asheville cottages in January of 2010 with two of our friends. The cottage FAR exceeded my expecations! The cottage was decorated modern, It has an electric fireplace, flat screen TV and full size washer and dryer downstairs. As soon as you walk through the door you feel like you are home. The cottage was spotless and fully furnished with all the necessaties that we needed for our stay. The hot tub on the back deck was an added pleasure. My husband and I jumped in when it was 30 degrees outside. The cottage also comes with a grill if you are in the mood for some hot dogs or hamburgers!

The location is great also. The house was easy to find even in the snow! Its about 7 miles from the Biltmore Estate, which is a MUST SEE also.

I would never stay anywhere else in Asheville. ASHEVILLE COTTAGES will be my first choice anytime I got to Asheville!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 June 2010

We had the good fortune to be able to stay at the beautiful Asheville Cottages while in the area for our son's wedding. Tracie, Marshall and their staff were so helpful even before we arrived, and the great service continued through our entire stay. The cottages are beautifully appointed, extremely clean and very comfortable. And, the woodsey setting is just breathtaking. Attention to the smallest detail is evident at every turn. We highly recommend that if you are in the Asheville area, make an effort to try and stay at Asheville Cottages. You won't be disappointed!! Lynda and Tim Thomas

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
New York City
Reviewed 12 June 2010

Other reviewers have pretty much covered everything -- and it's all true. This is a wonderful place to stay, close to a lot of sights and attractions but very quiet and secluded. (No barking dogs at all!)

Tips? A 4WD is helpful for the gravel road as well as the mountain driving in the area. The conveniently located Ingles Supermarket up Brevard Rd/Rte 191 has everything you'll need for a stay here.

Wish we were still sitting on the rockers on the front porch!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 9 June 2010

My bride and I stayed at the Rosewood Cottage and enjoyed it immensely. It was relaxing and comfortable and exactly what we needed. The fireplace and hot tub were fantastic and we had the privacy we desired. We only wish we could have spent more time there. Hopefully in the future we'll be back.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
State College, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 June 2010

Four girls needed a little break from life and that's just what we got. Asheville Cottages/Cabins were a home away from home for us. They were meticously maintained, warm and welcoming, and everything we had hoped for. Thank you Tracie for making our first trip to Asheville so great! I believe we will definitely be back!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
Grapevine, Texas
Reviewed 8 June 2010

We stayed at The Willow for 5 nights. It was close enough to major highways and restaurants but far enough away to feel like you're out in the country. It was immaculate upon arrival. Tracie and Marshall provided instructions on how to use the amenities, such as the satellite TV. They also had manuals available for the hot tub and sleep number bed. There were brochures for local attractions in the kitchen along with a welcome basket of goodies. It was obvious they do as much as possible to take care of their guests and make them feel comfortable, even down to adding labels to light switches.

The cottages were very close to the farmers market and several very good restaurants. The North Carolina Arboretum is just down the road. Major attractions such as The Biltmore and downtown Asheville are a short drive. We really enjoyed the Trolley Tour to see parts of Asheville you might easily miss.

This was our first trip to Asheville and thoroughly enjoyed the city and the cottage. We plan on returning and the Asheville Cottages will be the first choice for a place to stay.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple