“Peaceful weekend in the mountains”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Log Cabin Motor Court
Reviewed 17 October 2013

My friends and I thoroughly enjoyed our weekend at the Log cabin Motor court outside Asheville. The cabin was clean and contained everything we needed (full kitchen, wifi) to enjoy our stay. It was minutes away from downtown Asheville and not far from the Blue Ridge Parkway. The staff was helpful and pleasant and even mailed me back something I had left in the cabin.
The cabin was cozy for four girls and two dogs, and the rocking chairs on the porch are a nice touch. I would stay here again. Be sure to check out the Bavarian restaurant in front of the cabins - they have boots of beer!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cecilia L

Reviewed 24 September 2013

I enjoyed my week at this cabin. I stayed in Cabin 1. The cabin had a double and a single bed in the same room and a full kitchen. This is not a 5 star hotel with unlimited amenities, but it is exactly what it seems to be. A cozy / romantic getaway in the mountains. I mainly came to Asheville to visit the Biltmore mansion and it was not very far from the house. Took only a few minutes each day to get into town. This motor court is a little way from Asheville, but not enough to bother you. I saw other complaints about road noise, but I wasn't bothered by any. My cabin was the first one in the motor court and did not hear any road noise. The cabins are a little closer together than I thought, but I never heard any noise from the other cabins. The cabin had cable TV in the bedroom. My wife and I enjoyed the large porch in the evenings to play cards and games. Stay here if you are looking for an older romantic cabin experience. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: I stayed in Cabin 1 which had an extra bed to sit on or for extra room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I would definitely return. "Everything was so clean! Bed was wonderful. Super cozy!" I had to spend three days in Asheville for some continued education, I felt very safe and at peace there. I loved having a full kitchen too!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Reblynn
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I just returned from a trip to NC to do some hiking and enjoy the beautiful mountains. i normally stay in Bryson City which is a stones throw from the Smokies, but this time I traveled with my two friends to have an all-girls weekend. Being so close to Asheville had its ups and downs for me. I normally like to be out in the woods, and The Log Cabin Motor Court tries to provide that feeling, however, being so close to the highway and seeing/hearing the traffic from the interstate while sitting on your porch in the rocking chairs was a drawback for me. While it may not bother someone else, it did me. It's like trying to having a real camping experience in your backyard. We stayed in cabin 19 which was plenty big for the three of us with two bedrooms, bathroom, small kitchen, and living room with daybed. Again, I understand that these Cabins are quite old and rustic which is part of the charm, but I'd would have liked them to be cleaner. Spider webs inside the window frames made me apprehensive about opening the windows to let fresh air inside, so I opted to use the AC unit for some fresh air. The shower curtain was a plastic liner which was torn. Some water got spilled on the kitchen floor and when I wiped it up, the towel was filthy. The cabin could definitely use some spring cleaning. There was no spare toilet tissue in the cabin so we had to call the innkeeper one evening when we got home. In all fairness to her, she was there at our door within minutes. I think the close proximity to Asheville can be a plus for those who want to get away from the wood-like setting and enjoy great restaurants and culture, but if you're wanting a true cabin-in-woods experience, this probably isn't for you. Most of the hiking we did was at least 40minutes away.

Room Tip: If you want less noise, choose a cabin closer to the front
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank sconte
Reviewed 8 September 2013

My boyfriend and I wanted to visit Asheville, but we were hoping to go camping. However, it was raining all week, so we assumed it would not be the best weather for camping. I searched online for cabins that were rustic enough that it felt like actual camping, and Log Cabin Motor Court fit this criteria perfectly. We had a great time! I would have preferred that the cabins were further apart from one another, but I understand that is out of their control. Luckily, we went on a weekday, so there were not many people there, but I'm sure the place is packed on the weekends. However, we would certainly return! We truly enjoyed the fireplace, porch, and rocking chairs that were included in The Hillbilly. Also, this particular cabin is at the end of the hill and there is only one cabin next to it. The other side of the cabin has it's own picnic table and camp grill.

Room Tip: The Hillbilly was perfect. It came with a fireplace and only had a cabin on one side. The other side...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Courtney B
Reviewed 16 August 2013

My husband & I needed a quick get away, he wanted a hotel, I wanted to camp, these cabins are the perfect medium. The cabins are old, but adorable!! Front porches, rocking chairs and the people staying around us were great!! Miss deb and miss susie are awesome and always asking if you need anything. The cabins are pet friendly, so you will hear the occasional barking, but its still worth staying here! The location is great and very close to whatever you wanna get to. We absolutely fell in love with this place!!! Definately our new place to stay in asheville!! Miss my little snuggle inn already!!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank byoung1970
Reviewed 25 July 2013

This was meant to be a quick and easy trip to Asheville, and thanks to the Log Cabin Motor court, it was both! The cabins are easy to find, you park right at your cabin, and in you go! We were late check in which was super easy. A quick look inside and the cabin has everything you need. I stayed in Snug Harbor and brought my husky. With the hardwood floors, i did not feel badly about my dog shedding. There was convenient dog stations for bags and trash receptacles aplenty. I really likes that the mattresses are well protected and wrapped, as their website says. The small kitchen had all of the necessities.

If you are looking for luxury, this is not your place. These are rustic cabins with a bit of dust just for character. Do not mistake me though, I found my cabin to be very clean, and my allergies agree! they do supply towels, but when we requested more they asked we returned the used ones. I was glad I brought a beach towel or two to supplement. I also hooked up to the free WIFI with no problems.

The price is very reasonable and the location is very close to downtown Asheville and the River Arts district. I would definitely go back. Thank you!

Room Tip: The road can be a bit busy so the cabins towards the back may be a bit cozier.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple