“Log Cabin Motor Court Is The Place To Be "Our Home Away From Home"”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Log Cabin Motor Court
Ashcville
“Log Cabin Motor Court Is The Place To Be "Our Home Away From Home"”
Reviewed 5 August 2008

We are Mike & Carolyn Ruel of Sylvania, Georgia. The Log Cabin Motor Court has been our special "Home Away From Home" for 26 years, for on April 16, 1983, we spent our Honeymoon there in Hillbilly Cabin #15, and every year in April for 26 years we have not missed a year staying a week in our same Hillbilly Cabin#15 for our anniversary. The owners, John & Maria Maltry and staff always are warm and friendly and accomodating to make our stay special and they are special to us. .The cabins are rustic, neat and we have a fireplace in ours which we love and we get to take our pet. The location is so great for its not far to drive to scenic places such as Blue Ridge Parkway, Biltmore House, Black Mt. and Chimney Rock. We highly recommend the Log Cabin Motor Court to everyone that enjoys the rustic charm and if you have never stayed in a log cabin before to give it a try and take your family for there is a restaurant there also. We have a thousand special memories there that will forever be in our hearts and we look forward to going back for many anniversaries to come.

Stayed April 2008
2 Thank HillbillyCabin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Garner, N.C.
Reviewed 29 July 2008

Great place to stay. Management and housekeeping are
wonderful people. Only 5 mins. from downtown. We stayed
for 8 days and loved every min. Highly recommended. Easy
access to Blue Ridge Parkway thourgh Weaverville. Looking
forward to going back soon. Stricklands Garner, N.C.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Shower size-
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
amory, ms
Reviewed 15 July 2008

We have been staying at the Log Cabin Motor Courts for years now. We stay every July 4th week. You cannot ask for better folks to stay with. I love that everything is the same pretty much each year. I am not fond of too much change. I like that the cabins are really LOG cabins! We try to stay in the winter a couple of times each year too. We drive 500 miles to stay there and it is always worth it. Don't change a thing. They are perfect! Lisa, Amory, MS

• Liked — They are close to everything but you feel like you are away from it all.
  • Disliked — Not a thing.
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
Hilton Head SC
Reviewed 6 July 2008

I wasn't expecting what I found when we arrived at this property.
Was looking for a long weekend away with some privacy.
What I found was a TERRFIC location, very simple understated little cabin with alot of personality..... The location is great just 10 mins from downtown and a very short drive to the French Broad River, down a winding, twisting road for an afternoon picnic with the dogs !!! We loved it sooo much we booked it again for our return trip in 3 months. I'm going to book it in the winter as well. The cabin that we had, had a HUGE fireplace. I can't wait to try it out..... Like I said I can't say enough about this proprety and the staff was always very helpful, in directions around town, and friendly. Thank You for making our get away a true sucess !!!
DEH & Dogs .....
Hilton Head SC

• Liked — These cabins were built in the late 1920's...that was a hook for me
  • Disliked — it wasn't cold enough to try out the fireplace !!!
  • Stayed July 2008
1 Thank dehhhi
NC
Reviewed 10 June 2008

Stayed at the motor court two nights and found my stay fun, relaxing and interesting in that you just don't get to stay in an antique every day especialy one in such fine condition, with the motor courts unique history. I for one plan to go back to the Snug Harbor.

• Liked — prsesence
  • Disliked — ?
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled solo
SC
Reviewed 5 June 2008

My wife dog, and I came to Asheville for the first time ever to visit some of her family for a
mini reunion of sorts. Aunt Julie set it up and with the help of the Craze family we all
had a really good time.
My wife and I had a cabin with her sister, and cousin Tracy with lil Wyatt, and Aunt
Patty had a cabin, which were small clean, and comfy.
However we spent most of our time in "The Lodge" Which was so nice and
spacious compared to the ones we had. I guess we are all just simple city folk, because
the cabins were just like you read about. Everybody just loved it, and how friendly and
patient the staff (Susie) was. Thanks for everything Susie. We all felt welcome, safe,
and cozy.
If we make it that way again, we will definately be staying there. Carlos!

P.S. Sorry for the late comment Folks, I just don't check my email as often as I should.

• Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
florida
Reviewed 27 May 2008

What a wonderful place to stay. We went back in time. You must eat at the German Rest. located at the motor court. We are going back and taking the grand kids.

• Liked — the log cabin atmosphere
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple