“Great place, especially when traveling with a pet.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Log Cabin Motor Court
Durham, NC
“Great place, especially when traveling with a pet.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2008

We have been returning to the Log Cabin Motor Court since 1992. During that time we have met several new owners. Finally, the present owners are doing everything right.

The cabins are clean and each offers something unique, from fireplaces to kitchenettes. Simple by today's standards there are no phones and the televisions are obviously an accomodation to life as we know it today. But if you want to get away from phones, computers (although WiFi is available), and other modern inconveniences, this is the place.

Animals are welome, and I will not travel without my dog. And yes, my wife loves the place too. There is an atmosphere not found anywhere else with friendly, personal service with good food nearby.

Yes, you do step back in time, which is why staying at the Log Cabin Motorcourt is worthwhile.

• Liked — The log cabins and location
  • Disliked — I liked all of the accomodations
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AFactor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
lleezuh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2008

I found these cabins online after seaching for good deals in local motels. The prices here were competitive with that of motels in the area, but this place was so much cuter and looked to have a ton of character. When I arrived, I was NOT disappointed. It was so quaint and had such a cozy feel. The staff were so accomodating and friendly, made me feel at home. I felt completely comfortable and like I had stumbled upon a fantastic little secret. The next time I go to Asheville, this is where I will stay. Hope others will try it and enjoy it as much as I did.

• Liked — Friendly staff, quaint atmosphere
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
Kernersville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2008

We have been staying at the Log Cabin Motor Court for 24 years, and have stayed in almost all the cabins at one time or another, and very seldom have we had any problems. Management has always been extremely helpful to each of us, and any problems are taken care of right away. We generally have a lot of family members with us and we occupy from 4 to 12+ cabins on our stays, and we now have grandchildren that always look forward to these stays. The cabins are an excellent choice for us, they are neat, clean and have a lot of charm that is not found elsewhere, and are very convenient. Needless to say, we plan to visit here many more times.

• Liked — Country setting,
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
Ashcville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2008

We are Mike & Carolyn Ruel of Sylvania, Georgia. The Log Cabin Motor Court has been our special "Home Away From Home" for 26 years, for on April 16, 1983, we spent our Honeymoon there in Hillbilly Cabin #15, and every year in April for 26 years we have not missed a year staying a week in our same Hillbilly Cabin#15 for our anniversary. The owners, John & Maria Maltry and staff always are warm and friendly and accomodating to make our stay special and they are special to us. .The cabins are rustic, neat and we have a fireplace in ours which we love and we get to take our pet. The location is so great for its not far to drive to scenic places such as Blue Ridge Parkway, Biltmore House, Black Mt. and Chimney Rock. We highly recommend the Log Cabin Motor Court to everyone that enjoys the rustic charm and if you have never stayed in a log cabin before to give it a try and take your family for there is a restaurant there also. We have a thousand special memories there that will forever be in our hearts and we look forward to going back for many anniversaries to come.

Stayed April 2008
2 Thank HillbillyCabin
Garner, N.C.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2008

Great place to stay. Management and housekeeping are
wonderful people. Only 5 mins. from downtown. We stayed
for 8 days and loved every min. Highly recommended. Easy
access to Blue Ridge Parkway thourgh Weaverville. Looking
forward to going back soon. Stricklands Garner, N.C.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Shower size-
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
amory, ms
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2008

We have been staying at the Log Cabin Motor Courts for years now. We stay every July 4th week. You cannot ask for better folks to stay with. I love that everything is the same pretty much each year. I am not fond of too much change. I like that the cabins are really LOG cabins! We try to stay in the winter a couple of times each year too. We drive 500 miles to stay there and it is always worth it. Don't change a thing. They are perfect! Lisa, Amory, MS

• Liked — They are close to everything but you feel like you are away from it all.
  • Disliked — Not a thing.
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
Hilton Head SC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2008

I wasn't expecting what I found when we arrived at this property.
Was looking for a long weekend away with some privacy.
What I found was a TERRFIC location, very simple understated little cabin with alot of personality..... The location is great just 10 mins from downtown and a very short drive to the French Broad River, down a winding, twisting road for an afternoon picnic with the dogs !!! We loved it sooo much we booked it again for our return trip in 3 months. I'm going to book it in the winter as well. The cabin that we had, had a HUGE fireplace. I can't wait to try it out..... Like I said I can't say enough about this proprety and the staff was always very helpful, in directions around town, and friendly. Thank You for making our get away a true sucess !!!
DEH & Dogs .....
Hilton Head SC

• Liked — These cabins were built in the late 1920's...that was a hook for me
  • Disliked — it wasn't cold enough to try out the fireplace !!!
  • Stayed July 2008