“Great place to stay!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Log Cabin Motor Court
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Great place to stay and we were able to bring our dogs! The cabin was pretty clean, the only down side were little ants in the kitchen, other then that it was perfect for a long weekend. Next time we are in Asheville we stay here :)

• Stayed: February 2014

Reviewed 29 January 2014

If you have ever wondered what it must have been like to stay in a 1930s era motor court, you can't get much closer than this. The road in front of the Log Cabin Motor Court was originally the Dixie Highway, and by the time the cabins were built in the 1930s it was US-25. Several other motor courts were built in this area as well, including the still existing Pines and the second of two Sanders Motor Court & Cafes owned by Colonel Harlan Sanders of Kentucky Fried Chicken fame.

The Log Cabin Motor Court was built and owned by the Foster family until 1970. The current owners do a terrific job of keeping the place clean and updated. We stayed in cabin 14 on a very cold January night with snow on the ground. We expected to be a bit uncomfortable but were pleasantly surprised at how well the small stove heated the cabin. The tile on the bathroom floor was cold to walk on, but so what? If these are points of focus for you, you should be in a Fairfield Inn rather than a place like this. This is a VERY special and unique place. If you're coming here for the television and wi-fi (ours worked perfectly, by the way) you completely miss the point of this experience.

If you enjoy two-lane traveling across historic roads like Route 66, the Lincoln Highway, and other U.S. auto trails, do yourself a favor and visit this gem. Then explore the Dixie Highway as it meanders north through the mountains into Tennessee and south into South Carolina.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mike C
Reviewed 24 January 2014

We read the reviews on TripAdvisor and selected this place because it is pet friendly, very inexpensive and available no short notice. We originally reserved cabin 9 but were notified later that that cabin was closed for maintenance and we were upgraded to cabin 1 - Travelers Rest - at no additional cost. I am certain that our dissatisfaction was mostly due to the fact that we visited during a freezing January weekend. the pros of this place are available on other reviews, but I will agree that despite the location road noise was not a problem, the cabin was comfortably furnished. The cons we experienced were: 1. Wi-Fi was intermittent - my husband is a realtor and was frequently unable to conduct business with his existing buyers and sellers which was REALLY problematic; 2. The hardwired internet connection didn't work and was brought through the window which,as a result, did not lock - our cabin was open to all while we stayed there despite suggesting to the manager (fruitlessly) that a simple broomstick cut to size to block the slider would make us more comfortable; 3. The heater was absolutely the loudest I've ever heard-my husband said it sounded like an airplane was taking off when it came on frequently during our first night (I sleep with earplugs and so was not especially bothered). For his sake we used the provided radiant heater during the remaining nights for sleep which did a barely adequate job keeping the temperature in the room ok for sleeping. In short, as my title indicated, this place is SO CUTE that I wanted to love it but, in the end, I simply can't recommend it for winter stays.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Steve B
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We came here to enjoy the long veterans day weekend. We enjoyed 2 nights in in cabin 20 Top O The Hill. We loved that they filmed Thunder road in this cabin. The fireplace was wonderful and kept us toasty warm. We let our son sleep in the bedroom and we slept on the bottom bunk of the bunk bed which is large and very comfortable so that we could watch the tv while he slept. The cabin is cozy yet spacious with a wonderful full kitchen. This is not the ritz but that is what we loved about it. We will be coming back! Also go check out the amazing German Restaurant at the entrance to the log cabins you get a guest discount. the hubby and I lived in germany and this is as close to authentic as we have found.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 October 2013

My friends and I thoroughly enjoyed our weekend at the Log cabin Motor court outside Asheville. The cabin was clean and contained everything we needed (full kitchen, wifi) to enjoy our stay. It was minutes away from downtown Asheville and not far from the Blue Ridge Parkway. The staff was helpful and pleasant and even mailed me back something I had left in the cabin.
The cabin was cozy for four girls and two dogs, and the rocking chairs on the porch are a nice touch. I would stay here again. Be sure to check out the Bavarian restaurant in front of the cabins - they have boots of beer!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cecilia L
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I enjoyed my week at this cabin. I stayed in Cabin 1. The cabin had a double and a single bed in the same room and a full kitchen. This is not a 5 star hotel with unlimited amenities, but it is exactly what it seems to be. A cozy / romantic getaway in the mountains. I mainly came to Asheville to visit the Biltmore mansion and it was not very far from the house. Took only a few minutes each day to get into town. This motor court is a little way from Asheville, but not enough to bother you. I saw other complaints about road noise, but I wasn't bothered by any. My cabin was the first one in the motor court and did not hear any road noise. The cabins are a little closer together than I thought, but I never heard any noise from the other cabins. The cabin had cable TV in the bedroom. My wife and I enjoyed the large porch in the evenings to play cards and games. Stay here if you are looking for an older romantic cabin experience. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: I stayed in Cabin 1 which had an extra bed to sit on or for extra room.