“Cute little cabins”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Log Cabin Motor Court
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I stayed in cabin No.8 with my husband and two girls. It was a lovely cute cabin but a bit smaller that I was expecting. Nevertheless we had a lovely stay. I had ordered wood for the fire but was told they didn't have any so we went to the supermarket down the road and bought some.
The cabin had a living area with table and chairs, sofa, fireplace and TV. The kitchen was clean but small and the equipment quite old. From the kitchen you accessed the bathroom which was so tiny you literally could not swing a cat in it. This was even more old and I did not fancy using the shower as it did not look all that great. Another door led from the other side of the bathroom to the second bedroom which had a double bed and not much else, then from the second bedroom you got the master bedroom, a king bed, and some storage, and from there back to the living area. So you could do a lap of the cabin through all the rooms, it was really quite strange. However, we did enjoy it for our one night there. I cooked, my husband lit the fire (it had been a cold and rainy day so this was quite welcome, even in July) and we spent a cosy evening in front of the fire.
The beds were comfortable, the area nice and quiet, no unwanted light in the cabins, the sheets lovely and clean and everything was warm enough. You couldn't ask for more in terms of cosiness and sleep quality. Very lovely.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank devongirlie67

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stayed here for a week in 1983 during our Honeymoon (at that time the place was called Litz's Log Cabins). During our stay we visited the Biltmore House, went white water rafting on the French Broad River, visited Chimney Rock, Grove Park Inn, and more. In 1983 it was a dry county and we had to bring our own champagne, wine and beer. Back then there was a swimming pool behind the cabins, which has since been filled in. We stayed in Sleepy Susan, which has a fireplace in the bedroom. July 3, 2014 we were in the area and were delighted to find the cabins were still there. We inquired about staying in our cabin, which they were happy to accommodate us. The log cabins are rustic, charming, small. You use a real key to unlock the door vs a magnetic card. Cabins are pretty close to one another, and if totally booked I could see that parking would be tricky. Others mentioned road noise, but we heard the humming of the window air conditioner. The only thing I might change would be an upgrade of the mattress. We found a great place for breakfast, Well-Bread Bakery. Other places nearby were closed for July 4th. We enjoyed hearing stories of other couples like us that have returned after 30 years. This log cabin will have a special place in our hearts. We are at a point in our life that we could have stayed in a 5 star resort but none of them would be as charming or memorable as the place where we began our life as a married couple. Great reminder of how simple our life was back then.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a place with room service, breakfast buffet, or top of the line linen - this...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PWentsel
Reviewed 1 July 2014

These cabins are exactly that Log Cabins. Very quiet and rustic a great location Asheville, Smokie Mountains, Blue Ridge Parkway all close by. This was my 3rd stay here and love it usually have the motorcycle but this trip just the car, The management is wonderful fresh clean linen every day, Looking forward to returning next year !!

Room Tip: All the cabins are great
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We were supposed to tent camp with the dog but couldn't get into our camp site because it was after six, yeah really. I got on line looking for something affordable with a dog. We found this place and stayed 2 extra nights. It was clean, plenty of room and dog friendly. The owners checked in with us each day to see if we needed anything. It was quiet even though close to the road and easily accessible to everything you could need or want. We spent lots of time on the porch in the rockers checking email and using the ipad. I would certainly go back again.

Room Tip: All rooms have a frig and microwave. If you look on line you can see the rooms. If you want more p...
2  Thank Lisa S
Reviewed 11 June 2014

First visit to Asheville, NC and The Log Cabin Motor Court. We chose these cabins because of the location to downtown Asheville and the affordabilty. Country feel, but close to town. Cabins are very clean and rustic. Suzy and her office staff are very professional and accommodating. It has wi-fi, tv, refrig and gas range. Cannot wait to go back with additional family members. Oh!! By the way, the mountains and the scenery is beautiful. Also, go horseback riding if you have a chance !!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Michael H
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We've been wanting to stay at the Log Cabin Motor Court for years, but somehow it's been booked each time we've gone to Asheville. This time we lucked out! Headed to Asheville for our anniversary and we stayed in #9 Happy Haven. Super cute and clean. This one is smaller than some of the others - Deb let us look at 3 other cabins that were available that weekend (Sleepy Susan / Double or Nothing and the Black Bear Lodge, which is HUGE). But our little cabin was really great. Nothing fancy, but adorable. Lots of cute touches and it was so cool to stay in an original log cabin from the '30s. The bed we really comfy and we enjoyed a bottle of wine on the rockers on the front porch under the pine trees. The other huge plus is that there is a traditional Bavarian restaurant on site! In a larger log cabin-y place and it's clean as a whistle. We had lunch at the bar and our bartender/server was fantastic - Super attentive and knows her German food! The food was fantastic - I'll review it separately, but how fun to be able to stroll a few cabins down (3 second walk) to get AMAZING German food in a super fun, eclectic space. Loved it.

1  Thank raleighsus
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

My stay at Log Cabin Motor Court was one of the most relaxing and stress-free weeks ever. So charming and nostalgic but with nice gas range and new fridge, wi-fi and flat screen TV. It has an out-in-the-woods feel but convenient to Asheville. I had planned on visiting friends in Hendersonville but it was so enjoyable sitting on the porch in a rocking chair with a good book that I never made it. I had everything I needed. My two goldens loved it too. Staff is very friendly and accommodating. Such a laid-back experience. The best sleep I've had in months. I definitely will return.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo