We can't find prices for this accommodation
A Bed of Roses Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #21 of 39 Asheville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 July 2013 via mobile

My husband and I just spent a delightful weekend at A Bed of Roses. Emily and Bill are outstanding hosts who really make you feel welcome. The home is spotless, beautiful, easy to find, and a quick walk into downtown. Breakfast was hearty and featured many local and organic ingredients. Afternoon snacks were a treat. This inn is also an excellent value compared with others in the neighborhood. We hope to be back again soon.

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed 4 July 2013

We spent one night here arriving just in time for dinner.We ate at Tupelo Honey.It is very noisy! it is set up like a diner with orders called out loud when they are ready.Not a place you can have a conversation very easily.Our room had a canopy like draping.The bed is close to the wall so the person sleeping on that side has to either crawl over the other one to get out or squeeze through the tight space.I found the owners friendly but very formal like in their way.Not like the felling we got at the B&B in Middlesboro,Kentucky where we felt so welcomed like we were part of her family.I guess it depends on what you are looking for.I like a place where the owner seems like they really care about you and what they can do to accommodate you.I did not have that feeling at all in this B&B. Also,their telephone is loud and has an annoying ring that you can hear upstairs.The phone rang at 10:30 p.m and many times before 9:00. I know you can't control your phone in terms of rings but it should be somewhere where we all can't hear it and turned down.

Room Tip: Don't choose the room up the stairs,first room to the left if there are two of you.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
EmilyMcIntosh, Owner at A Bed of Roses Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2013

I'm sorry to hear that the Wilkinson Room was not up to your expectations. It is one of our smaller less expensive rooms but it actually is our most popular one. We try to portray the rooms as accurately as possible in the photographs and we have angled the bed in that corner of the room in order to make it possible to get in and out. Unfortunately we can't make the room any bigger! Had we known it was a problem we could have moved you to the larger Revell Room next door.
Thank you for alerting us to the telephone noise. No one had mentioned that to us before. We do have the ring tone turned to it's lowest setting, but perhaps we can disconnect it at night so it will not disturb our guests.
Most of all I'm sorry that you found us "formal" and that you didn't sense that we cared about your comfort. This is the opposite of what we try to project to our guests. We try to take our cues from each guest to guide us in how intrusive we are, but we always try to be friendly, caring and helpful. It sounds like we misread your cues that day. Please accept my apologies for that.

Reviewed 23 June 2013

We just got home from a wonderful night at this gorgeous B&B. The house and rooms are beautiful and had everything you could need. Bill and Emily are awesome! She gives great advice on what to see and do. The breakfast was delicious. I want to go back!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shannon s
Reviewed 6 June 2013

My husband and I just spent two nights at this beautiful B&B. The Inn surpassed all of our expectations: Bill & Emily were friendly & gracious hosts, the breakfasts were delicious, the location was great - a short, easy walk to downtown, and our room was pleasant and comfortable. We couldn't have asked for a better spot and will definitely be staying here again in the future!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Wilkinson room which was quiet and comfortable.
Reviewed 1 June 2013

My boyfriend and I just spent 2 nights at this beautiful B&B. I loved the decor and our room was impeccable. Bill and Emily were extremely gracious and personable and the breakfasts were amazing! I would recommend this bed and breakfast to anyone looking for a very pleasant and relaxing experience. It is located in very close proximity to downtown. We will definitely stay here again when in the area.

1  Thank Melissa S
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We recently stayed at the Bed of Roses on our way back from the 2013 Masters at Augusta. We arrived later than expected but were greeted by both Bill and Emily when we arrived just after 9pm. They made us feel very welcome and took the time to suggest a few nice restaurants to check out for some food after our long drive. We booked into the Oliver Davis room and were not disappointed. It is a really small room but somehow this just adds to how cozy it feels. The bathroom was again small but really quirky. We loved it.

We joined some other guests for breakfast the next morning. My wife revealed afterwards that she was initially skeptical when I had booked a B&B as opposed to a hotel but commented that she really enjoyed the intimacy of meeting the owners and also meeting some interesting people at breakfast. I would definitely recommend a stay at this wee gem!

Room Tip: Oliver Davis was quirky and cozy!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2013

We stayed three nights at the B&B and it was a very nice stay. It's a Victorian house close to Asheville's downtown. The owners are very helpful and the rooms are nice. We stayed in two rooms, both of which had Jacuzzi's, very comfortable beds, and good walk-in showers. One room is on the ground floor, the other four are up one flight.

The breakfasts are fabulous. It's one seating at a single table, but we found the company very congenial all three mornings. Very tasty breakfasts and pleasant conversation.

The owners are very helpful with advice about things to do, restaurants, etc. Sometimes when you stay in a house where the owners live, it can be hard to strike the right balance of them "being there" but not too much in your face. The owners here struck a perfect balance.

The rooms are not huge. The Carolyn Grey (ground floor) was a little tight, the Revell was more spacious. There's also a very nice common sitting room and a comfortable front porch.

Can't think of anything I'd do better. Nice place to stay.

Room Tip: We liked the Revell room.
1  Thank Leonsreed