“Very cozy and relaxing”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
A Bed of Roses Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #20 of 38 Asheville B&B and Inns
Nags Head, NC
“Very cozy and relaxing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

I really enjoyed this bed and breakfast. It was beautiful and the innkeepers were so helpful and friendly. The breakfasts in the morning were delicious. The inn was close to downtown which we loved. Very quaint and relaxing. Would definitely recommend this inn.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
EmilyMcIntosh, Owner at A Bed of Roses Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 29 December 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to add your review. We're glad you enjoyed A Bed of Roses. We love the location too! It's so convenient to everything. We hope you come back to visit us again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Fairport, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

We don't normally stay at B & B's but we may change our mind after this stay. What a fantastic place and such a nice couple. Breakfast was a gourmet feast every morning. Location is also as good as it gets for Asheville. Walk down a street of beautiful Victorian homes and you are in the heart of the downtown district without having to pay to park. Parking is easy and free in front of the B&B. You won't be disappointed.

1 Thank PKKViper
EmilyMcIntosh, Owner at A Bed of Roses Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
Thanks for the lovely review! We love to convert people to the B&B experience!
Hope to see you back soon.
Burlington, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

A Bed of Roses B&B was my first B&B ever and it was a great and wonderful first experience. I will definitely be coming back and I recommend that everyone stay there. Bill and Emily are super sweet and nice people they keep the B&B spotless and cook an amazing breakfast. My boyfriend proposed to me that weekend at The Biltmore Estate. They helped in making it such a memorable engagement!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Congratulations again! It was a lot of fun helping set the stage for your boyfriend's proposal. It definitely made our day!
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

When selecting a BnB, I am always looking for quality at a decent price as $200+ for a night is tough for my wife and I. This place is great. I got a great rate and an awesome sleep. The people that own/operate the house are fantastically sweet. The breakfast was to die for with a gourmet pastry, homemade everything. Location within walking distance to the best parts of Asheville and the house was very quaint, quiet and perfect for a quick getaway in the mountains. Thank you for great memories!!!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Orlando, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

It was a wonderful experience from when we walked in. A very warm reception and just what we need for the beginning of our honeymoon. I did not realize how nice the house was going to be and did not realize how convenient it was to get to the heart of downtown. The breakfast was amazing that Bill and Emily put together, I would call it Country Gormet. My wife and I would definitely go back and highly recommend this to anyone looking for a great place to stay during their time in Asheville! It was my first stay at a B&B and was definitely amazed with our first impression of one.

Bobby and Melissa Humburg - Orlando, FL

Room Tip: Any Room from what I saw, such a great house!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Burlington, Vermont, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

My husband and I (early 30's) stayed for two nights in the Oliver Davis Room. It is the smallest of the rooms, but plenty spacious for our needs. It had all the amenities you could imagine, and the bathroom especially with the whirlpool tub was wonderful! We were amazed to find that the price of this room, which includes the delicious breakfast, was more affordable than most of the local hotels. The recommendation to have smaller suitcases in this room is spot on; the private stair case is adorable but very narrow.

Breakfast was always delicious, gourmet, and beautiful! We are big eaters, so I would disagree with many reviewers who have said that you won't need lunch. However, the portions were plenty satisfying for breakfast, and we actually prefer to have room for lunch because trying new restaurants is one of our favorite things when we travel!

One of our favorite things about a Bed of Roses was the wonderful front porch! After coming back from dinner and seeing music on the town, we sipped wine and ate cookies baked by Emily in the mild evening air, joined by the neighbor's cat (cats? are there two that look nearly the same?). On our second evening we came home directly after dinner and spent time relaxing on the porch with some books. Lovely!

The location is very convenient to downtown. We came without a car and found we had no trouble seeing the local sites by foot. (We didn't have time to see the Biltmore, anyways, but would have needed a car to get there.) There was plenty to entertain us downtown and in the local neighborhood (the historic Riverside cemetery is lovely) that we didn't miss having wheels. We did rent a car on our day of departure to drive to our next location via the Blue Ridge Parkway for some hiking, and the Budget rental location is close enough that we utilized their free pick up service. Emily and Bill were also wonderfully accommodating, and when we were arriving hours before typical check in they graciously agreed that we could drop off our luggage first so we could explore unencumbered. As it turns out our room happened to be empty the night before and we were actually able to check in right when we arrived.

Wonderful location, beautiful room, and the price is right! We'd definitely stay at the Bed of Roses again!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank thornlizard
Durham, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

After hearing so much about all the great restaurants in Asheville, I didn't expect that the best food that I would get in Asheville was at our B&B! Breakfast every morning was a treat and left us full until early afternoon.

Emily and Bill were helpful in telling us where we should go in our wanderings since we were first-time (and unprepared) visitors of Asheville. They were also warm and friendly in all of our interactions.

The location was amazing. At 6 months pregnant with twins, I was only a little tired after walking to downtown. If I wasn't pregnant, the walk into downtown wouldn't have been bad at all.

Our room, the Carolyn Grey, was on the small side, but the massive tub made up for it. I do wish there had been two chairs, though, so my husband and I could have both sat and read for a bit.

Overall, we had a wonderful time and would love to stay there again. And we will be telling all of our friends about this gem!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple