“Totally enjoyed my stay here. Thank you all at the Homewood Suites.”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Asheville- Tunnel Road
Ranked #7 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed 23 March 2011

I enjoyed every minute of my stay at the Homewood Suites by Hilton in Asheville. From the time I arrived until the time I checked out the hotel staff members were the most pleasant people to deal with. The rooms are very clean and the hotel pool and jacuzzi were just what I needed after a day of working in Asheville. The hotel serves breakfast and a dinner on weekdays and the food was very satisfying. The meals are served in what they call the lodge area and because I was traveling alone this was a great place to just unwind or mingle with other guest while enjoying a meal. If your looking for Asheville's best hotel look no further. My special thanks to all the employees of the hotel for their care during my stay.

2  Thank bruinmarct
true7, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Asheville- Tunnel Road, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2011

Thank you so much for staying with us and sharing your experience. We appreciate having you as our guest and your kind words about our staff, pool, hot tub, Full Hot Breakfast and Dinner & Drinks. We look forward to seeing you the next time your travel bring you to Asheville.

There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Asheville- Tunnel Road

Reviewed 23 March 2011

This was a combination business and pleasure trip. My husband was attending a conference at another hotel in town and my son and I came along. We did not stay at the conference hotel because it did not have very good reviews. It could not have been any worse than this hotel was. We checked in on a Saturday evening and everything was fine. Sunday morning when we went to breakfast it was chaos to say the least. Not enough tables and running out of dishes as utensils. If it was this crazy on a Sunday in March I would hate to see it in the Summer time. We left our room about 10 and as we left we walked right past the housekeeper and cart. Surely she saw we left and would make up our room. When we returned at 5:00 pm our room was NOT made up. My husband called the front desk and was told housekeeping had already left for the day and they would send up fresh towels. Later when my husband went to the front desk to arrange for the free shuttle to take him to his conference hotel (which was not available Monday morning so he had to take a taxi) he expressed his displeasure in our room not being made up and was given a flimsy excuse that Sundays are busy. I would hope servicing a guest room of someone that is staying another night would be more important than cleaning a room that was going to be empty that night. Clearly by the parking lot more people checked out than in on Sunday. Also since our room was not made up we ran out of toilet paper Monday morning and I had to call down to get a roll! If we ever return to Asheville we will NOT be staying here again!

1  Thank TLR67
true7, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Asheville- Tunnel Road, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2011

Thank you for being our guest and sharing your experience while visiting the Asheville Area. Please know we are sincerely sorry we did not meet your expectations. We always try our best to accommodate everyone during the busy times at breakfast and it is of course challenging when many of our guests are dining at the same time. When guests leave their Do Not Disturb sign on their door, we will not gain entry into the suite in respect of their wishes for privacy. We would never intentionally disregard the importance of taking care of guests as they request and pride ourselves on ensuring the highest standards of cleanliness are always met. Our Courtesy Shuttle is available between the hours of 8 a.m. till 10 p.m. and unfortunately cannot provide transportation outside of these times as staff is not available, I apologize if this may not have met your needs on this visit. Thank you for sharing your insight with me, it allows me an opportunity to take a look at each item and make improvements. I hope to see you again soon at our property thank you for being our guest.

Reviewed 4 March 2011

Very nice hotel. The staff were friendly and helpful. Rooms good sized. Beds very comfortable not great. Food and ber\verages at the managers special and breakfast were good quality.

2  Thank Wesnet
true7, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Asheville- Tunnel Road, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2011

Thank you for sharing about your visit to the Asheville Area. We are please you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 28 January 2011

We are Hilton Honors members and wanted to stay at a Hilton property while we were visiting Asheville, North Carolina to get the points. Well, this hotel brand has become my favorite and any time I'm in Asheville, I want to stay here. There was a classy hotel for even the budget conscious. The rate was very affordable and the level of customer service, appearance of the room and lobby, indoor pool, gym, hot breakfast (not just the typical free continental breakfast but turkey sausages and quiche for example), and the friendliness of the staff were top notch. This hotel even has a shopping list where you can choose items from the list to have them get for your suite. You just pay for the item, not the service. There is free internet in your room, great cable channels, and the most comfortable bedding I had ever felt. This hotel was awesome!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank SchatzeAtlanta
true7, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Asheville- Tunnel Road, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2011

Thank you so much for being our guest while visiting the Asheville Area. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you get a chance to come "home" again soon.

Reviewed 24 January 2011

Everyone, from the front desk to housekeeping, was warm and welcoming. The room was very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank AlabamaLovinlife
true7, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Asheville- Tunnel Road, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2011

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience with others. We look forward to the next time you make it "home".

Reviewed 16 January 2011

A little late with this review, but as this was a positive experience I thought I would include it.
The Homewood is on the edge of Ashville, but only 5 minutes by car. There are also many bars and restaurants on the Tunnel Road so very easy to find and access from the Interstate. (and of course back out of town on to the Blue Ridge Parkway etc...
On arrival the reception staff were very friendly. Helpful with local information and reccomendations.
The rooms were very clean and in general the hotel was quiet, (although full). The only time it felt at all crowded was on a couple of days at breakfast.
If you are looking for value fo rmoney, but a reasonable standard then I would definitley recommend giving the Homewood suites a try.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ss1968
true7, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Asheville- Tunnel Road, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2011

Thank you for staying with us while visiting the Asheville Area, and for sharing your experience. We are pleased you found everything you needed close during your stay. We work very hard to provide a clean, comfortable and quiet Suite for our guests, and are happy you were satisfied. We hope to see you again on your next visit to the Asheville Area.

Reviewed 29 December 2010

The worst thing I can say about the visit is that I didn't get to stay longer! The hotel is conveniently located, very clean, our requests for a quiet room were honored wthout question. It was a great experience and my husband and I look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MissyJI
true7, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Asheville- Tunnel Road, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2011

Thank you for staying with us while visiting the Asheville Area. We appreciate you sharing your experience and hope you get a chance to come "home" again soon.