“This is a very helpful place.”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Asheville- Tunnel Road
Ranked #8 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
“This is a very helpful place.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2012

I am a Hilton employee in savannah ga, we had some car troubles on our way home from Tennessee and had to make an emergency stop in Asheville. I looked across the street from the place our vehicle was being worked on and realized it was a Hilton property so I called looking for some help and thank god I found it. The gentleman's name that answered was Corey. We were short on cash and I had to ask Corey to help me look for an employee rate around town, he was more than happy to do so and found one for me :) This in my opinion is exceeding excellence. Although I did not need him to book it after all that we went through, (the vehicle got fixed that night) Corey was an absolute professional and willing to help a fellow Hilton employee in need at a time of emergency. I recommend this hotel to anyone In the area because of its outstanding staff and excellent location.

• Stayed September 2012
true7, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Asheville- Tunnel Road, responded to this review, 16 October 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience about the helpfulness you experience while delayed in the Asheville Area. I am glad you got back on the road and hope to see you in the future but staying overnight.
Troy Ferguson - General manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2012

Our first trip to Asheville so we picked the Homewood Suites on Tunnel Road because of it's close proximity to everything! Also with the Hilton name on the brand itself we knew we could count on a quality hotel experience. I would have liked to pick a B&B for a night or two, but I just found the comfort of the suites and the whirlpool tub in the bathroom to be better for us in the long run. Trust me, the whirlpool suite is pretty amazing to come home to after a long day at the Biltmore or running around Asheville. It was perfect for us. The property itself is excellent; right off the expressway at exit 6, it's kept spotlessly clean! The breakfast in the morning was amazing and included in your stay. We would sleep in a little then I would just walk down the hall and bring us a hot breakfast to our room every morning. They had a different menu every morning and had almost anything you want....toast, bagels, english muffins, yogurt, cereal cold or hot, eggs, french toast, juices, coffee, etc...The room itself was flawless. We were in suite 111 which was so easy to access. Some folks on tripadvisor were saying it's noisy on the ground floor, but I didn't have that experience at all. Honestly, the ground floor is easier to park right up to and bring your bags inside the entrance and into your room. The breakfast area/lobby was closer this way too as we didn't have to fool around with elevators. Very comfortable bed, huge bathroom with whirlpool, separate living room with sofa and a small kitchen with eating area next to it. There wasn't a speck of dust anywhere. Maid service every day after we left without fail. The staff are all very, very nice and greet you as you walk by. I can't say that enough how awesome they were. GM Troy Ferguson was awesome. We decided to stay an extra day in Asheville and he made it so easy. He printed directions for us so we could go check out various spots...super cool guy!
To go into town, you just hang a right on Tunnel Road and that takes straight into the heart of Asheville. Check out Vincenzos for dinner..it's barely a mile down the road. We hit it the first night there after a 9 hour drive...never too tired for authentic Italian. To get on the expressway you turn left out of the hotel and that takes you anywhere you want to go...Chimney Rock, Biltmore, Aboretum, etc...
Right next to Homewood Suites are a ton of chain places to eat...Olive garden, Buffalo Wild Wings, Applebys, etc...but we had no interest as we wanted to eat at ALL the amazing local spots! Overall, we may have paid a little more to stay here, but well worth it. As a traveler...I don't skimp on the hotel...can't handle the possibility of dirty rooms or creepy crawlers. Trust me, the suites are worth it! Worth it, worth it, worth it!

Room Tip: Whirlpool Suite, get in on the advance purchase rate! Ground floor was perfect, easy to get to and c...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank suavecito11
Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your first visit to Asheville. We are happy you enjoyed one of our clean and spacious suites, our location, the varied hot full breakfast and the service we provided during your stay, and thank you for your warm comments. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to our area.
Danville, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2012

Clean rooms! Hotel is easy to find and get to. Complimentary breakfast and dinner Mondays through Thursdays has great food and if you don't want to eat there, good chain restaurants across the street and near by. Very friendly staff.
Near to Biltmore Estate.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you for staying with us. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you get a chance to come home again soon.
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2012

This is the 3rd time we have stayed at Homewood Suites in Asheville. Each time the service has been excellent. The room is large and comfortable. Internet speed is satisfactory. Breakfast buffet offered a great variety, both hot and cold. Items are changed out daily for a greater variety. We were sorry we were not there Monday - Thursday for their evening spread. We will continue to stop here whenever we are in Asheville

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for being our guest again recently and for your loyalty when you are in Asheville. We appreciate your kind words about the service we provide and our hot full breakfast. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012

I stayed at the Hyatt on Tunnell Road in Ashville for three days. With a three day stay you get a pretty good idea of whats going on in a hotel. I was greeted with a warm welcome, friendly and curtious staff. There was hot coffee, tea and cookies available 24/7 and a great breakfast buffet free of charge every morning. One morning, I was stuck on a conference call and missed the buffet. A staff member went into the kitchen and brought me exactly what I wanted. I was shocked at the overall helpfulness and happiness of the staff, no matter what hour of the day or night. To me, the positivie attitude of that staff must mean its a nice place to work! Also, I had a do not distrub sign on my door for my entire stay. Guess what? Housekeep did not ignore the sign and try to come into my room, they simply left a nice note under the door offering to bring supplies etc.. whenever I needed anything. The room and bathroom were clean, the beds were comfortable and the location was convenient. They also had a great gym :) Overall I would highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for staying with us while visiting the Asheville Area on business. We appreciate your taking the time to share your kind words about your experience. I am very happy that you were pleased with the service we provided and look forward to having you return to stay with us.
Henderson, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2012

I arrived on Friday, Sept. 7th and the customer service I received was nothing but poor. I have stayed at many Hilton properties before and never have been hasseled before like I was at this hotel. Even after getting two sets of creditials the guy behind the desk still hasseled me about receing a government rate. I was so frustrated at one point I almost left without checking in.
This trip was for 3 nights and on the second day housekeeping forgot to leave any towels or amenities in the room. Therefore, I called down to request some and the front desk person, same as the one who checked me in, did nothing but laugh about it and responded it happens.
Finally, when I spoke to the manager at check out about the situation, I was yet drilled about receiving the government rate again.
As I returned this past weekend to the Asheville area yet again for work, I choose another chain hotel a block away, with superior customer service
The Homewood Suites Asheville has work to do to live up to the Hilton Brand.

Room Tip: Choose are room near the elevator as there is only one.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank AllanB42
true7, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Asheville- Tunnel Road, responded to this review, 21 September 2012
Thank you for staying with us while traveling on Federal Government Business in our area. I am sorry we did not provide you with better customer service. Please note that when checking in to stay on a Federal Government Per Diem rate requires presentation of a Federal Government ID, Federal Government Travel Orders or a Federal Government Credit Card for payment. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay. We want you to know that we will use your review to improve on all levels. We have also addressed our housekeeping staff in regards to your inconvenience as well. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2012

The Asheville Homewood feels more like home to me than any of the other hotels I have visited in Western NC. The rooms are always clean and smell fresh, the staff friendly and helpful. The parking lot is well lit for the late nights out. Beds are super comfortable.

The only issue I have ever had here is the room key (cards) tend to stop working before the posted checkout time. I often travel with my family and we generally sleep late and leave just before checkout. I have on more than once occasion had to get my key reprogrammed at 11am when checkout is noon. Very minor inconvenience comparatively.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your warm comments about our hotel and team. We are happy you enjoy the hotel cleanliness, the service we provide, our well lit parking lot and our beds. I am sorry you have had trouble with the magnetic key cards. They are programmed to work until well past checkout on the day you are leaving but can be easily de-magnetized. I hope we can resolve this recurring issue on a future visit. Thank you again for coming "home" and we look forward to seeing you when you visit our area again soon.