“Good choice in Asheville”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Asheville- Tunnel Road
Ranked #8 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed 14 November 2012

We stayed here for two nights while visiting the Biltmore Estate. We found the hotel to be quite nice. A breakfast buffet is included in the price and there are hot and cold foods available. The first morning they had quiche and bread pudding, both of which were very tasty. The second morning was scrambled eggs and cheese with sausage and grits. On Monday through Thursday nights they have free light food and wine in the same area. We did not try this so I can't comment on it. There are a number of chain restaurants within easy walking distance including Applebees, Olive Garden and Red Lobster. We had rented a car so getting to the Biltmore Estate is about a 5-10 minute drive. Since the Estate's driveway is a couple of miles long there are no hotels that are really walking distance anyway. I would recommend this hotel for anyone visiting the Asheville area.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
true7, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Asheville- Tunnel Road, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2012

Thank you for staying with us while visiting the Biltmore Estate and for taking the time to share your experience with fellow travelers. We are glad you enjoyed our hot full breakfast and our central location. We hope to see you when you visit our area again.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

We stayed here for 6 nights and really enjoyed it. Our room faced the surrounding hills and had a great view. Nicely appointed rooms and decor. TV had few HD channels which was a bummer. Front desk was very helpful and one young man there was very willing to give us recommended restaurants that we would not otherwise have found. One is right next door...Cornerstone...and was great. In fact we ate there 3 times. another he recommended, Juicey Lucies, was a ways off but had a great burger. Close enough to the downtown and only a block off the Blue Ridge Pky and a couple of freeways made it very convenient. Breakfast was adequate, not great.

Room Tip: Room in the rear section for best views.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
true7, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Asheville- Tunnel Road, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2012

Thank you for staying with us while vacationing in the Asheville Area. We appreciate your taking the time to share your experience. We are happy that you enjoyed your suite, the views of the surrounding mountains and our central location, just a mile and a half from the center of downtown Asheville. We do have all of the HD Channels available in the area and apologize you felt them lacking. Thank you again for being our guest and we hope to see you returning soon.

Reviewed 31 October 2012

And my first thought was to return to higher ground in Asheville at a hotel that we visited a year earlier. The reason we originally stayed here was that it popped up as one of trip advisors top family hotels and we thought it was the perfect prompt to visit Asheville !

After a day of no power and devestation and projections of no power for a week to 3 weeks -I wanted to evacuate- and having the resources- called the hotel directly. They had one room available ( I crossed checked that by visiting other discount sites and saw that there were no availabities!) one king handicap accessible suite with convertible couch - perfect for me and my 3 kids.

After a horrific drive - I checked in - looking like a water rat and three wet mice and the desk clerk didn't bat an eye! In fact she related stories about her own hurricane experiences.

The funny thing was that our room was # 300 - exactly the same room we had before- and it was absolutely pristine. We had quick showers - jumped in the serene whirlpool and indoor swimming pool- went across the the street to Big Lots for curling irons and personal necessities and arrived back in time for the managers complimentary dinner buffet. Now we own 3 restaurants and 1 bakery in Freehold NJ and we are goodies but dinner was great! The attendants were diligent and I appreciated not having to leave the hotel and/ or spend another $80 for 4 people ( my kids are 26 -14 and 13 so no kids meals here!)

I heard the forecast was not good for power restoration in NJ so I went to the front desk to prepare to beg for an additional 4 th night- but after flawless juggling- I was given the 4 th night at a great rate! THIS IS WHAT I LIKE BEST ABOUT THIS HOTEL! The staff is there when you need them and graciously invisible when you want to be alone!

I was surprised when I went back to my room to check on activities in Asheville and saw this hotel slipped in the ratings. I don't get that? But we also had a few bad reviews on Yelp for our businesses and we didn't agree with the reviewer - I guess some people can't be pleased or have an agenda. I'm just so grateful to have found this hotel over a year ago and it was my first thought to bring my kids to away from the hurricane. I'm really looking forward to my next few days here ad I promise to let you all know if there's a change in my opinion!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Francescakes
true7, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Asheville- Tunnel Road, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2012

Thank you for running here to escape the devastation in New Jersey. We are glad to be the place you have come to escaping the chaos back at home. Thank you for your warm comments about your experience so far, and we are happy that we got you back into a comfortable spot. We appreciate another opportunity to have you as our guest and please let us know if we can help with anything.

Reviewed 28 October 2012

Let me say that overall the hotel was perfect for what we needed. The room of quarter size bed was big enough for both of us, the bed was very comfortable, the room very clean.The hotel is ideally located, surrounded by all kinds of restaurants and access to roads. away from the bustle of downtown but close enough. The reason I did not give it excellent, because breakfast was not typical of the Homewood suites, the selection is limited and of very poor quality and I want to clarify that we are not picky about the food, the dining room staff were very kind and efficient and quickly replaced what was missing but again the quality of the food was just ok. The manager reception was good if you wanted to save some money, but again nothing special, the first day beer did not come out just the foam, the employee tried to fix it but could not and ended up apologizing for the inconvenience,they have enough wine , juice and lemonade. Ultimately the reason I chose the Homewood Suite was for the extra amenities that I could save some money and I had tried other Homewood Suites and had been very pleased but not this time. Sorry but next time I'll try the Hampton that is a few blocks away.

Room Tip: Even number rooms have a mountain view and the laundry is on the third floor.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us while you were in the Asheville Area. We are happy that you enjoyed the suite you stayed in and our location. I am sorry that our breakfast and dinner with drinks did not meet your expectations. We strive hard to provide variety and the highest quality of items available, and apologize for your disappointment. We hope you reconsider and we see you again in the future.

Reviewed 26 October 2012

Let me start by saying the staff was great....very friendly and helpful. Our 1st floor king suite was small...Hard to find room to setup the suitcase valet. The air conditioners for the hotel were just outside our windows and very noisy. Plumbing for all the upper floors was tied to a wall in our bedroom..sounded like chairs rolling around every time someone flushed in the upper floors.
That being said, the hotel was in a great location to sightsee. It was close to downtown, tons of restaurants, Biltmore and shopping. We would think about staying here again, just request 2 queen beds instead of the king to have the extra space for suitcases and a room on the upper floor. Breakfast was good each day as was the light meal at night....all included.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for being our guest while visiting the our area. We are pleased you enjoyed the service we provided, the breakfast, dinner with drinks and our central location. I apologize for any air conditioning and plumbing noise that you experienced. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 16 October 2012

The king suite was very nice, but the physical set-up a little inconvenient. When my wife used the sink area outside the bath as a make-up station, it monopolized the entire bedroom-bathroom area. Fortunately there was a second tv in the living room, but didn't help the bathroom problem. Otherwise, the hot breakfasts were very good, and the evening meal was a plus on nights when we didn't feel like going back out. Even included beer and wine. The location made for a quick and easy drive into downtown Nashville. We would definitely stay here again on a future trip, but maybe in a regular king room.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us while visiting the Asheville Area. We appreciate that you took the time to share your experience of your visit, and are happy you were pleased with breakfast and dinner. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 14 October 2012 via mobile

My wife and I spent a weekend in asheville for a concert downtown. We made our reservations six months in advance because we know asheville can be very busy in the fall. Arrived at check in time which is 3.00 pm. We went to our room on the second floor and upon entering the door we opened the curtains to view the beautiful mountains only to see heat and air vents and a glass wall ! I understand that most hotels can have rooms such as this but to make your reservations six months before ! And not to mention we were charged a premium price ! These rooms should be at least discounted and the hotel should inform the guest in advance that it is a limited view room ! We requested a different room but was turned down by the desk clerk , no offer of even discounting the room or anything. We even thought about leaving and staying elsewhere , but we were pushed for time so we decided to stay the night. The next morning we were sitting at breakfast trying to decide what to do ,when my wife went to the front desk for a soft drink , when she returned she told me that she spoke with the manager and he was very concerned and sorry with our problem. He immediately had our luggage moved to a wonderful higher floor suite . Why this could not have happened the day before I can't say. Thank you for saving our great weekend in your beautiful city!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank michaeldeb
true7, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Asheville- Tunnel Road, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2012

Thank you for staying with us while attending a concert in downtown Asheville. We try to honor all of our guests requests and apologize that your initial Suite did not have the view you expected. I am glad that we were able to relocate you to a Suite with a better view after your first night. Please know that when full, occupied Suites can dictate available ones and I am sorry we did not have one to move you to immediately when you let us know of your preference. Thank you for sharing your comments and we hope to see you again soon.