“A great location for exploring downtown and the Blue Ridge Parkway”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Asheville- Tunnel Road
Ranked #7 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We stayed here for three nights and it was a great stay.

The hotel's location was great, just minutes away from both downtown Asheville and the Blue Ridge Parkway. It was nice that the hotel offered both breakfast and dinner. We mainly ate breakfast in the hotel to start off our day and then took advantage of the hotel's printout of restaurants in the area.

Inside, the room was comfortable and although it had a kitchenette with a microwave and two electric burners, we only used the toaster and the refrigerator.

This hotel had everything we needed and we likely will stay here again the next time we come back to this wonderful city.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank kurokitty

Reviewed 8 May 2014

We stayed for two nights when visiting Biltmore. Great rooms and convenient to downtown, restaurants and Biltmore. Easy access to all attractions, loved having the kitchen. Only complaint was wifi was difficult to access. We had better wifi in Honduras than at this hotel.

Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This was a great family friendly hotel. The only issue I had was the bathroom was not cleaned very well when we arrived and was not cleaned very well while we were there. I found short black hairs in the sink when we checked in and after each room cleaning.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
1  Thank Marsha H
true7, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Asheville- Tunnel Road, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Thank you for staying with us while visiting the Asheville Area with family. It is great to hear that you had a great experience during your visit. Please know that cleanliness is very important to us for our guests, and I am sorry to hear that your bathroom was not to your satisfaction. Please do not hesitate to let us know if you find anything of this nature as we want to take care of it right away. Thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope to see you again soon.
Troy Ferguson

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I stayed at Homewood Suites for a 7 night stay whilst in Asheville in April/May this year. From the moment I arrived, I was impressed. Check in was very efficient and quick, the staff were very welcoming, polite and friendly and reconfirmed all my details to make sure it was correct.

I entered my room and was very surprised with the amount of space and facilities available. The kitchen was reasonably sized, with a large refrigerator plus freezer. A nice living area which was comfortable plus a large bedroom area. The room was cleaned to a very high standard and had all the amenities I would need for my stay (possibly even more so!) The bed was very comfortable with good quality bedding.

The staff went out of their way to help in any queries I had and even helped in arranging a safe deposit box for me. The pool area is great to unwind in after a busy day and the spa tub is a welcomed facility. The fitness room was always well maintained and clean and had a good range of equipment available for the size of the room. Plenty of towels and a water cooler too.

The Housekeeping staff were great too, I had put my DND up and upon exiting my room and heading out for the day, the lady kindly asked if I had taken the DND down and would I like my room serviced and said she would make sure it was done.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here and would more than happily stay again. The hotel was at a great location close to lots of restaurants, stores and the highway. Close enough to downtown Asheville and good access to bus routes.

All the staff are to be commended on being polite, friendly, helpful and showing genuine interest in their guests. If ever I am in Asheville in the future, this is where i'll stay!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 May 2014

What a wonderful place for us to stay on our trip back home from GA. We certainly got more than we expected to for the price and the location was great for us. It was easy off and on the highway. The staff was quite helpful and we got a hot dinner and a hot breakfast. How many hotels to that!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
2  Thank Marian B
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This was our second time staying at this particular Homewood Suites and will continue to stay here when we travel to Asheville. The staff is so friendly and helpful. I would like to personally mention Tracy in the dining room, she was wonderful! We had a large group of 9 and she was so accommodating in helping to provide seating for all of us together at both breakfast and dinner as well as bringing us drinks in the evening when she saw us come in. We also took advantage of the shuttle service the hotel offers and had the pleasure of meeting Shepherd our driver for the evening. He knew his way around town and was pleasant to chat with. The room was very clean and the beds were quite comfortable. The hotel is in a fantastic location to easily navigate all Asheville has to offer.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Booked 4 rooms for our stay in Asheville for a wedding. Despite my earlier callings re: the one room that housed 5 people, the rooms still got confused. That plus a snafu with billing, which resulted in the manager having to re-shuffle the room rates, caused me to downgrade a 5 star experience to a 4 star. (Even though the manager explained the discrepancies in billing, I'm still not sure everything was done right).

Beside that, we enjoyed the hotel - from the convenient location to the indoor pool to the nice breakfast to the very friendly staff. This is a recommended place to stay in Asheville.

One unusual facet was that it was very quiet and by that I mean no noise from the hallway; whether this was by design or by the other guests being very quiet - I'm not sure.