1,657 results
All reviews mon thurs complimentary dinner evening reception full size refrigerator separate bedroom indoor pool king suite tunnel road small kitchen shuttle service hot breakfast free shuttle close to downtown would stay here again home away from home front desk staff very nice hotel
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

First I have to say that this review is one I missed earlier but it was an unforgettable trip and deserves to be told.

I had reservations for the candlelight tour at the Biltmore House. Upon driving into Asheville the weather started to turn nasty. They was even a car on it's roof on a bridge. We got in several hours before our reserved tour time.

I asked the front desk clerk at check in about a special rate I had secured. We had only planned one night but asked if I could have the same rate should we have to stay an extra night due to the weather. They were more than happy to oblige.

We obtained a handicap room on the first floor because my elderly mother sometimes uses a wheelchair.

Right before we were to leave we noticed the power started flickering. A few minutes later the entire hotel lost power. Just within a few minutes came a knock on the door. It was the hotel manager himself who first apologized for the inconvenience. He then handed me a flashlight to use. The unexpected winter storm knocked out power to the entire city. They had already contacted the Biltmore House and found out there were several trees down and for safety closed the property and was evacuating the house and property.

He then advised us due to the power going out that the heat in the rooms would soon go out and invited us to the lobby where there was a gas fireplace and the only source of heat in the hotel. We made our way to the lobby and I got my mother as close to the fireplace as possible with a blanket from the car.

I still don't know how they did it but there was hot coffee and hot chocolate also waiting on all the guest. They were able to maintain it the entire four hours of the power outage.

The lobby filled with the few guest left in the hotel before the outage. It was like one big slumber party. Everyone introduced themselves and where they are from and had a lot of conversations since there was nothing else to do. The staff made several checks on the guest to make sure everyone was comfortable given the circumstances. Later the guest who were stuck at the house finally made it safely back after being stuck there for two hours. There was still hot coffee and hot chocolate for them.

Finally the power came back on and so did the heat. The staff was so thoughtful and reminded us if we were going to take a shower to let the water run and regain the heat before getting in.

The next morning there was three feet of snow on the ground which ensured our stay for another night since the parking lot and roads were not scrapped. Still there was a hot breakfast available including eggs.

Later we found that a couple of stores had managed to open but the hotel parking lot was still completely snowed in. The hotel manager and I both ended up walking to the store for personal supplies and I picked up food from a grocery store for lunch. So thankful the room had a full kitchen with cookware, plates and silverware.

They had a gym and indoor pool. Even though it was unheated, it was still enjoyable as well as the hot tub.

Another great feature was the dinner which was included. No filet mignon but all the food was well cooked.

The hotel staff broke all their shovels trying to remove the snow and ice from the sidewalks. The parking lot still snowed in. It wasn't until 3pm on the third day that we were able to leave the parking lot and Asheville. The staff maintained 100% professionalism the entire time and made everyone welcomed and comfortable including extra people who came in off the street to get warm. Again hot chocolate and coffee were available.

This was my very first stay in a Homewood Suites. The staff here sat an extremely high bar. I made sure the hotel owners were aware of the service we received and received a nice letter in return. Five stars all the way.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Talonrock
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Great service from check in to departure. Rooms were clean and spacious. I was surprised by the evening meal, after a long day on the road I was treated to pizza and beer. In the morning there was a very nice breakfast prepared for us. I'll look for Homewood Suites next time I travel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
1  Thank Jim K
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Check in was smooth. Hotel centrally located to all great restaurants, Biltmore Estate, Downtown Asheville and more.
Breakfast was good. Great coffee. Staff working the breakfast crowd were very pleasant and thorough. Always cleaning and picking up and making sure there was plenty of food.
The room was dated. Comfy but dated. The AC unit in our room was so loud! It kept waking us up everytime it came on. Good water pressure for the shower. Bed was very comfy. Clean and always kept up every day for us. For the most part the front desk staff was very helpful informative. One gentleman even went as far as looking up restaurant menus and specials for the evening. And then there was another gal who was less than enthusiastic about being asked anything. She needs to work on her customer service skills :)
On one occurance the maintenance staff knocked on our door to chck the smoke detectors. Really? Couldn't that have waited until the room was vacant? Interupted my nap.
Price a little high for being average and dated.

3  Thank JohnsonDE
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I had a great experience at the Homewood suites this past weekend. The suite was so comfortable and clean. The staff was really friendly, The buffet breakfast each morning was a nice treat. The bed was extrememly comfortable and they allow you to set your air conditioning yourself so the room was very comfortable, There was free parking and free internet service. The hotel was right in the middle of everything. near to the town and other attractions. Would definetly stay here again.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

We spent two nights here. Our room was at the back overlooking the magnificent hills. Everything in the room was immaculately clean. Breakfast had an array of foods. I particularly liked the coffee.
Evening meal was even included! First night it was lasagna and peas, and the second night it was hamburger. Although not a fan of hamburger I did enjoy it. Wine and beer were also included. The wine was quite fine. The location is good in that it's just a short drive to downtown Asheville and to the Biltmore Village and Estate. Next time we're in Asheville we will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Request a room with a view. We liked ours which was at the back facing the mountains.