“Very Nice Hotel”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Asheville- Tunnel Road
Ranked #7 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I took my son to a two week summer camp near Asheville and stayed at this property the night before drop off with my two younger children in tow. While the summer rate is rather expensive, the hotel did not disappoint. It is a very nice property located within a short walk of many restaurants. The rooms were extremely nice and spacious and the staff was exceptional. While the free breakfast was not commensurate with the rate we paid, overall, we were all pleased with the hotel and would happily stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank David8675309
There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Asheville- Tunnel Road

Reviewed 1 July 2014

My husband and I spent 6 nights in Homewood Suites Asheville and the staff and management were amazingly helpful and friendly. A special thanks to Shepherd at the front desk for his professionalism. The view of the mountains was beautiful and our room was perfect.

The only problem we had was the mold in the tub and shower area gave me an asthma attack, but I called the front desk and 3 minutes later they sent up housekeeper who scrubbed all the mold away while we went out to dinner. No more problem. There was also a water main break at the hotel but it was no problem for us. The housekeeping staff is excellent.

The scrambled eggs and quiche at breakfast were excellent but the supper lacked vegetarian options for us. Please add vegetarian options for supper guests! We loved Homewood Suites and look forward to returning again. I felt completely at home in this hotel!

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 604 and it was quiet and had a beautiful mountain east facing view with plenty of...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The staff and management at this hotel is just so friendly, helpful and went out of their way to make our stay just perfect. The hotel provides you shuttle service within a 5 mile radius of the location so you don't need to drive yourself to get around and see things or go out for shopping and dining. Hotel was very clean. Breakfast food was great along with the Manager's reception during the week for the guests. We will definitely be staying here again. We stayed here 3 days for a wedding.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The rooms were clean and nicely decorated. We had everything we needed to make our stay as comfortable as possible. The staff were friendly and very helpful the whole time we were there. We had breakfast every morning which made getting on the road much easier. The food was very good.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I have very mixed feelings about my recent stay. First off, the space overall was nice. The suite we stayed in was on the 5th floor towards the back of the building so little traffic from the streets was heard and it was quiet on the floor as well. The view out the windows was amazing - you could see the mountains and not much else (ignore the parking lot below, of course).

The biggest challenges were the beds were not great, comfort wise, and you could literally hear everything the neighbors did on both sides - from flushing the toilet to putting the seat down too quickly! Not really my first thing to want to hear when staying at a rather expensive hotel or suite. There were times when the outside noise was a bit much - traffic overall was quiet so it was only two or three times the entire 3 day weekend. The noise from the 6th floor - thudding and running - was there but again not every waking minute, but still there. Seems they focused more on outside noise and less sound dampening from the inside from the guests.

There were a few more little things honestly not worth mentioning and could have just been this particular stay never to repeat again so I'll move to the good!

The breakfast each morning, although the place was crowded, went smooth and the variety was certainly better than expected. The coffee served (3 different, including robust/dark, regular and decaf) was nothing great and most times was barely warm but I'm a snob about coffee and tea so I'll pass on further review there.

The best thing about the location was just that - location. Minutes, literally, from everything you need to do when visiting Asheville - from the Biltmore to Downtown to anywhere else you wanted to go! I was wary at first given the access roads all over the place but glad we opted for this hotel in lieu of some of the more expensive ones downtown and closer to the Biltmore itself.

All in all I'd rate it as a 4 out of 5 and would certainly consider staying again (which is not normal for me) when I visit Asheville later in the year.

Oh the best part was it was part of a package deal with the Biltmore and the hotel was 100% prepared for my arrival including my tickets and planner, etc. Very nice transition. Nicely done!

I'll update if I think of anything else and most certainly if I visit again this year as planned.

Room Tip: Aim for an upper floor (6th is best, 5th will do) and at the back of the property. The noise is lowe...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Dayn R
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This review is a little late but I wanted to post it anyway because this hotel definitely deserves it! My husband and I have stayed here numerous times and did so again on April 23 of this year. We have always been blown away by the service and staff members at the Homewood Suites in Asheville and this visit was no different. We have found that at many hotels, the experience varies from visit to visit. We have ALWAYS found the same great staff members and had the same great experiences at this hotel and will not stay anywhere else when we visit Asheville for business or pleasure. As always, the breakfasts and dinners were varied and well prepared. We especially want to mention Tracy, who was so attentive to us during our dinner, even writing down the name of the pinot grigio they were serving (which was quite good) so that we could find it back home. We both really enjoyed meeting and talking with her. Thank you, Tracy!!

So, once again, if you are in the Asheville area you should plan to stay at Homewood Suites on Tunnel Road for a truly great experience with terrific people. We hope to be back there very soon!
Robert and Linda Love

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank tropicscoot
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This ended up being a great location near downtown Asheville and close to the Blue Ridge Parkway (also close to the mall). Plenty of restaurants nearby. The hotel staff was accommodating and friendly. We were pleased with this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family