Was there from Friday - Sunday for a conference. Some of our folks arrived on Thursday. The staff was kind enough to let us check in at noon, rather than having to wait until 3 or 4 PM. Hotel consists of 3 buildings - Main hotel, Buildings A& B. Buildings A&B are 2 floors. One elevator only at far end of floor - but you only know where it's at after having to ask at least 2 employees - as there are NO signs telling you where it's at. Some folks are as many as 35-37 rooms down the hall from the elevator. We were about 30 rooms down the hall. On second floor, there are also 3 steps with no hand rail and absolutely nothing to hold on to, so not good for walkers, wheelchairs, elderly in general.
There was NO HOT WATER in our building on Thursday or Friday and in to Saturday morning. The ice cold shower on Saturday morning was brutal!! And NOTHING was said to us about this when we checked in. Rooms were very clean, beds comfortable with nice bedding. Some folks said TV reception was horrible. Reception in our room was grainy.
The fitness center is detached from the hotel and it;s nearly a 1/4 mile down the hill. It's apparently state of the art, but I didn't want to have to get in my car to get to the fitness center since we were on a fairly tight schedule.. The tennis courts look beautiful. The Mount Mitchell conference room was good, the AV system worked well. The other conference room where we had our meals and evening entertainment had AC problems so it was HOT in there. We had 4 meals as part of the conference and the food was generally quite good.
When I was checking out, the hotel gave me a discount, primarily because of the hot water issue, but only because I asked for it. Sadly, the problems with the hotel overshadowed everything that was good about it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville, a sanctuary of elegance and a welcome retreat from the busy world. Nestled against the majestic backdrop of the Blue Ridge Mountains on 125 acres, this year-round resort provides all the comforts for the leisure and business traveler alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, IHG, Travel Republic (UK) and Odigeo so you can book your Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville Hotel Asheville
- Crowne Plaza Asheville
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Asheville