Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
1,233 results
All reviewstennis courtsracquet clubbreakfast buffetclose to downtownoutdoor poolfitness centershuttle servicemini fridgeup to datebiltmore estatebalconiespetfireplacenc
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 May 2014

To say how large this hotel is, we found it surprisingly difficult to locate and would recommend clearer signposting. The room was very spacious and comfortable, though we almost needed the shuttle to get to reception!! There is an abundance of facilities as one would expect at a "resort hotel", including out and indoor pools, a 9 hole golf course, tennis courts etc. However, our main objective was to visit Biltmore and then join the Blue Ridge Parkway. This is an excellent base to do either and Ashville itself is a pleasant, slightly quirky, place.
Buffet breakfast was $11 and was good value, with omelettes made to order a highlight.
Another plus was the regular shuttle into town for a small fee and it operated late into the night if needed.
We stayed 2 nights and paid £92 per night.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Shannon M, Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. I am so glad we had the opportunity to meet and exceed your expectations. I sincerely hope that you will plan your next trip with us so we can provide you with another great stay in the future. Once again, thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Tennis & Golf Resort and we appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I admit I questioned this tournament hotel until I arrived. Everything went far better than expected. Three of us shared suite 298 - a large spacious room with king bed and sofa bed. It was comfortable, quiet and just great for three nights. The shower was good and there was plenty of hot water.

The breakfast buffet worked best for our crowd as the service was on the slow side.

The bar is a great asset for this resort. We gathered in the comfortable atmosphere, enjoying evening beverages, music, large screen TV's and excellent dinner right at the bar.

The tennis facility needs some time to mature but it was super for our tournament.

Our three nights will be a fond memory. Service and attitude was top notch.

The only thing that I would recommend is to update the lobby entrance, returning the beams to earthy wood tones to match the mountain surroundings.

Room Tip: Room 298 at the end of the hall was very good.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Shannon M, Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Stayed here for two nights attending a convention. Other than the long lines upon arrival for check in, this place was great. They had four conventions going on at one time. You would of never known it, this place is large and comfortable. Very impressed with the room and the bedding, I even got an inquiry from housekeeping to ask if my room had been cleaned well. The view and balcony were a plus. They have a nice spa and racquet center attached that others raved about and I didn't get to use. The food was pretty darn good too, for fixing food for 100's they managed to make it tasty, glad we're going back in two years!

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I ended up booking a room here the day before we arrived since we had to cancel our original plans due to flooding in that area. We booked through priceline and I had thought we got a great deal until we arrived. It was our 2nd anniversary and we were stuck in a room with two double beds...which was problem one. You can tell they tried to update this hotel room but the updates themselves with regards to the quality were one of the worst I have ever seen. The housekeeping does a very good job cleaning the rooms but to have crown molding hanging off the wall, cut and hung poorly and the bathroom....the shower tile grout needs to be fixed, the bathroom wallpaper needs to be removed or repaired in several areas, the sinks "mock" cabinet is a joke. Sand it down and repaint it. The bottom line is this hotel should not be branded as a crown plaza. I think a hotels manager should be responsible and ensure that the company they hire to do upgrades meet the standards of what a crown plaza hotel should be. There are so many details in the bathroom that were unacceptable in my eyes and the elevator we had to take looked like a run down service elevator. The staff seemed friendly other than Lori who seemed to have a bit of an attitude with another customer. We will not stay here again nor do we recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 0501MVKG

Thank you for contacting us concerning your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Tennis & Golf Resort.
We strive to have the finest in guest service and accommodations; therefore, the guest experience is of the utmost importance to us. An intimate and objective knowledge of how we are doing – in the consumer’s eyes – is critical in moving Crowne Plaza Tennis & Golf Resort to a higher level of service.
A hotel is defined by the quality of service it provides to its guests and because our success is measured by how our guests evaluate our services and facilities, I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive are taken seriously. They tell us what we’re doing right, what we’re doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.
I do apologize that your stay with us was marred by this recent experience. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to give you a great stay with us in the future.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Very stately resort with all the amenities-Spa, Zip lining, shuttles to downtown, restaurant, well maintained with southern hospitality. Most room have balconies with seating areas. HD TV's in the rooms and they are spacious and nicely furnished.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Shannon M, Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014