“Wonderful!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #39 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
Huntingtown, Maryland, United States
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Really enjoyed my stay here. Was recently here for a doll show. For the most part everything was great. Hotel was a little hard to find. The beds were very comfortable. The staff was nice. Food was excellent.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Shannon M, Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. I am so glad we had the opportunity to meet and exceed your expectations. I sincerely hope that you will plan your next trip with us so we can provide you with another great stay in the future. Once again, thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Tennis & Golf Resort and we appreciate your feedback.

Crowne Plaza Tennis & Golf Resort – 1 Resort Drive, Asheville, NC 28806

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
Fort Mill, SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

My friend and I enjoyed our stay here for one night while visiting my son in Asheville. Great location, close to downtown. Comfortable, clean and the staff was excellent! Breakfast buffet was delicious! Try the Belgian waffles. Staff was so friendly and pleasant. Too short of a stay to take advantage of the many amenities but I will be back.

Room Tip: Our room was excellent...top floor at end.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank gaterp

Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

This is not a resort. Although the room was reasonably clean the hallway was filled with piles of dirty linens that remained in front of room doors all day. The room next to me had breakfast room service dishes that remained there until well after 9pm. The first night I asked for an extra blanket by calling housekeeping. After waiting for an hour, I called again. Again I waited for another hour. I finally decided to walk down to the front desk to ask them to just give me a blanket. The line at the front desk was 6-7 people long. After waiting for 15 minutes, I approached a housekeeping staff member who was walking by for assistance. She said she would be right back. 20 minutes later, after she did not return I again got back in line at the front desk. After waiting another 15 minutes the desk clerk said she would have one brought up. 4 hours after my first request, I was delivered a blanket.

There is also only 1 very small elevator in each wing that is slow and also used by housekeeping staff. We had to walk up and down 4 flights or wait several minutes for the one elevator that stopped on each floor.

Vending machines on each floor were out of order.
The hotel is also hard to access off the interchange.

Very disappointing stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Trina B
Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. I truly regret that we have missed the opportunity to meet and exceed your expectations, but I can assure you that we will address every point you have mentioned with our staff using your feedback as a learning opportunity. I sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with a great stay in the future. Once again, thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Tennis & Golf Resort and we appreciate your feedback.

columbia, sc
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza for our anniversary weekend. Unfortunately, the resort was also hosting a wedding (or two), a large Tattoo and Piercing convention and another conference of some sort. In addition, the hotel accepts pets, and we were awoken both nights/mornings by barking dogs in the room next to us. Of all the things I have ever experienced in a hotel - barking dogs is probably the most ridiculous. If you travel with a pet - this may be a great option for you. Otherwise, this "resort" is too busy accommodating groups and pets to cater to couples.

Upon check-in, I requested a room with a quiet location. Our first assigned room was on the first floor. As we opened the door to our room we could hear two things - very loud live music and children playfully screaming. We looked out on our patio and found we were about 20 feet from the pool. We realized this location would probably not provide the privacy and peace/quiet we were looking for. Beyond our building we could see a stage area and hear a live band. When I returned to the front desk to request a different room, the staff was not aware of the live band. Hmmm…

Next, we were assigned a room on the second floor of the main building. This location had a nice balcony overlooking a wooded area. Much more private. However, the band was still very audible. I am by no means a prude and enjoy loud, live music. However, this was death metal. Profanity laden death metal. All we could hear was the "f" word again, again. Nice. Glad our children were not with us! Thankfully we were leaving for dinner. I just cannot imagine why hotel management would allow such an event to take place. Complete disregard for paying customers!

One of my pet peeves when checking into a hotel, is front desk staff that is not informative. That was definitely the case here. We were simply given a room key. No information about breakfast. No information about pools, golf, tennis, etc. No resort map. No mention of the shuttle. Nothing.

The room itself was comfortable and clean. Definitely older and remodeled, but above average. My husband and I are mattress snobs, and our bed was dreamy! Very comfortable. We slept soundly when the dogs weren't barking.

The details are lacking at this hotel. The elevator in our building did not work properly. You had to push the up button to retrieve the elevator to go down. There was no sign informing us, we figured it out on our own. Our room offered some nice samples of "spa" quality linen spray and lotion, but the packaging was supposed to hold three products and we only had two. The first room we were in, did not have the samples at all. Vending machines on our floor did not work, but again - no sign.Throughout our stay, the trashcans outside the front of the hotel were overflowing.

The resort is a short drive to downtown, but definitely not convenient to downtown. The entrance and exit to the resort is a little strange, too.

Thankfully we booked our room on Priceline for about half of the regular rate. I think I would have been irate if I had paid $250 per night.

In general, the pools, recreation, spa, etc. are a nice bonus to an "in-town" hotel in the Asheville area IF you are looking for those things.

The breakfast buffet was not inspiring. $10.95 per person with limited selections. Long line for the waffle and omelet station. The omelet was terribly prepared. We sat there for 45 minutes and our drinks/coffee were never refilled.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Greensboro, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

My stay was uneventful but disappointing, to say the least. To call this a resort does an injustice to true resorts. Checkin was laborious and tedious. Our room was uninspired and noisy. The whole facility lacked any degree of charm. Overall a disappointment and, even though it was billed as "downtown Asheville", don't believe it! Very disappointing experience. Would never recommend this hotel....er resort.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Casey290
Shannon M, Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville, responded to this review, 22 June 2014

Washington, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

I was here for a conference and had a reduced rate on the room. Room was large and clean and found the facilities to be nice. Took my family and my girls had fun at the pool and thought the grounds were nice. We found the staff to be helpful though we did not have any real special needs arise. Only complaint were the people who were attending same conference who were extremely loud at pool at 1:00 am.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Knoxville, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

Visited for one night to see if it would be good for corporate needs. Stayed on 1st floor..there was people above us partying all night long. Called front desk "Julie" and every time she said I sent security and they heard nothing. Finally after my husband called and asked for security to come to our room and listen and he did. He said wow I am sorry and I will fix this. We had no sleep and when we tried to talk to front desk about it they acted like they could care less. Needless to say will never stay here again and will not use it for corporate purposes.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Shannon M, Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville, responded to this review, 21 June 2014