“Fantastic Place” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville
Ranked #39 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
Greenville, South Carolina
“Fantastic Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed with my fiance for a romanitc weekend in the Charles Fraizer Suite. It was a wonderful property and a lovely room. Front desk staff was phenomenal! Always helpful when we had any questions. Only 2 hiccups during our stay. The bed linens had to be changed as soon as we arrived because the sheets that were on the bed had very noticeable stains. And, We ordered room service for breakfast one morning and a two hours later a man tried entering our room (to get the tray) without knocking first. His excuse was, "Oh, I didn't know anyone was in there." It was a bit annoying but definitely not enough to ruin our stay. Would love to go back!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Shannon M, Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Thank you taking the time to post your comments. I am so glad we had the opportunity to meet your expectations. I sincerely hope that you will plan your next trip with us so we can provide you with another great stay in the future. Once again, thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Tennis & Golf Resort and we appreciate your feedback.

Crowne Plaza Tennis & Golf Resort – 1 Resort Drive, Asheville, NC 28806

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
Panama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

Weird entrance but, Great Golf Course. Staff was much better towards the ladder part of my stay. Once I checked in they said we will give you a few drink vouchers but, once we where going to us them there was only one. The main floor is the third floor I would stay at the hotel again but, not on that floor because it is loud late night and early morning. The noises echo into the room. Coffee pot did not work either but, things had. They also have a shuttle that cost 5.00 and a spa, bar, breakfast/ lunch/ dinner place to eat there. As well as tennis and golf. Balconies are small bit nice on a early morning view.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the main level which is 3rd floor. It is loud....
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Shannon M, Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. I truly regret that we have missed the opportunity to exceed your expectations, but I can assure you that we will address every point you have mentioned. As a Gold or platinum member 1 drink voucher is the IHG standard but if they promised several my staff should have delivered. I apologize for the coffee pot as well. this is something that should have been replaced immediately. I sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with a great stay in the future. Once again, thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Tennis & Golf Resort and we appreciate your feedback.

Ocracoke, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Great staff and the Van shuttle to down town is tremendous and very affordable. Good breakfast buffet with friendly chef and wait staff.

Grounds are immaculate, great amenities such as golf, tennis, 3 pools and a killer fitness center. Spa very professional and clean and Lena was a wonderful masseuse.

Nice clean rooms with balconies.

Room Tip: 230's to 260 even room # will but you facing grounds and not parking lot.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
      Location
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Shannon M, Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville, responded to this review, 21 August 2014

Bamako, Mali
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Excellent selection of breakfast. We only stayed three days but there was variety each day. We got facials at the spa and they were extremely professional and delightful. Wanted pedicure as well but not available...so best to book ahead ... Called same day. The shuttle into down town Asheville is very convenient if you don't want to drive. We were planning on drinking so didn't want to drive back. Overall the checkin and the check out was extremely smooth. The gym is. Excellent with lots of variety. Only down fall is you can't change the channel on the tv in front of treadmill and elliptical without help from staff. The lap pool is also excellent with access to awesome jacuzzi and steam. He walking trails are somewhat limited because of dirt bike stations, zip lines and golf course...I would only suggest opening more walking trails. Only hiccup was one afternoon when we were waiting for the shuttle which is supposed to depart ever half an hour and we were told it would be a ten min wait and we waited an hour. Nonetheless, Overall excellent experience.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality

Atlanta, Georgia, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

Went here with my girlfriend for a weekend getaway. Sure, it's an older place. The lobby did smell like old people (though there was some kind of reunion there upon our arrival, so that could be why), which is the only reason for this not getting 5 stars. However, the rooms have been updated and the staff was great. I got this from a Priceline deal and, while I knew it was a possibility when booking, I was disappointed that I got this property because of the reviews here. I shouldn't have been though. Much better deal than staying downtown and still only a 5 minute car ride away.

I did not notice any thinness to the walls, as has been complained about here, and never heard anyone next door to us. We were originally put in a room with 2 double beds and I called down to the desk and they changed us to a king room for $15 more a night, which was well worth it. I wouldn't pay full price to stay here (you might as well stay downtown if you're going to do that), but it's easily available on Priceline for 25-30% off and you shouldn't be disappointed if you end up with it. A fine place.

That being said, I'd spend the money and stay downtown next time, but that's just because I want to experience something different. Asheville's a great town if you've never been. A big city vibe to the bars and restaurants and the food is impeccable. I'll be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a King Room on the 5th floor. Seems more isolated from the rest of the hotel.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Shannon M, Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville, responded to this review, 16 August 2014

PA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Stayed at this property back in May. It is very old and the rooms and grounds are in serious need of updating. There are a lot of other hotel options which have better and updated amenities. Only good thing about the hotel was the shuttle to and from Asheville.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Shannon M, Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. I truly regret that we have missed the opportunity to exceed your expectations, but I can assure you that we will address every point you have mentioned with our staff using your feedback as a learning opportunity. I sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with a great stay in the future. Once again, thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Tennis & Golf Resort and we appreciate your feedback.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

I really like this place. Great sized room with a balcony. Bed was comfortable and the food was very good. I spend a lot of nights away from home and most places are exactly the same in every city but this place has something different. I think it has a history and they are keeping it up extremely well.

Stayed August 2014