“Beware!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Asheville Cabins of Willow Winds
Rock Hill, South Carolina
“Beware!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

We had a lovely weekend until the morning we left (1/20/14) Our blinds were open,( we were in an extremely isolated, private, wooded cabin) and as we were getting dressed, (coming from shower to dressing area) at 10:00ish, we noticed a lady checking the hot tub which was right outside the window. This was not cool and we felt that our privacy had been invaded, since checkout is 11 am and no one had warned that the hot tub would be checked prior to us leaving. While checking out, our concerns were laughed at but we were told basically, that they had 25 hot tubs to check and our concerns were unimportant. Beware!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Sandy M, Owner at Asheville Cabins of Willow Winds, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
I am glad that you had a lovely weekend at Asheville Cabins of Willow Winds until you last day when you were getting ready to leave. Please accept my sincere apologies regarding your unpleasant experience with the person who was cleaning the hot tub. We try very hard to check the hot tubs when our guests are away, or when there is no car in the drive. Again I apologize, and I have spoken with our maintenance manager to make certain that this does not happen again.

With respect to the lack of concern with our staff, I can only say again that I am sorry. I think you can see from all the comments on TripAdvisor that almost everyone make a comments regarding how pleasant and helpful our staff is. I do not know what went wrong, and I can assure you that if you decide to return to Willow Winds, it will not happen again.

Thank you for taking the time to let me know your concerns and please do come to see us again.

Sandy McLeod, owner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

My husband and I stayed in Gracie's Willow for 5 days. Gracie's Willow was wonderful and had everything we needed during our stay. We loved the fireplace, hot tub, pond, and trails around the cabins. The Biltmore and downtown Asheville were both a short drive away. The ladies that work in the office were very friendly and provided us with lots of info about Asheville upon arrival. We also were lucky enough to get a deal on the Candlelight at the Biltmore through Willow Winds which was great! If we ever visit Asheville again we will stay here!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Melanie C
Sandy M, Owner at Asheville Cabins of Willow Winds, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. We are glad you enjoyed Gracie's Willow and hope you will come back to see us again soon.

Thanks also for your kind remarks regarding our staff. They are totally awesome!!!!!

Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

Family booked a last minute trip and first time to visit to get away to the mountains before Christmas. Chose Willow Winds based on the reviews here in Tripadvisor and we definitely weren't steered wrong. The place was wonderful. My young girls didn't want to go home!

We stayed in Donna's Diamond, a two bedroom cabin and my only complaint was the King size bed had 2 divets where people normally slept and the much too soft. I woke up every morning sore from the bed. Other than that the people at the front desk were extremely helpful, the location was perfect for touring the Biltmore, access to groceries, etc and visiting all that Asheville has to offer. The cabin itself was very clean with everything we needed (minus food and toiletries).

We plan on visiting there again this summer and Willow Winds is where we plan to stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Kim P
Sandy M, Owner at Asheville Cabins of Willow Winds, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
Thank you so much for your comments regarding you stay at Asheville Cabins of Willow Winds. We appreciate your choosing us based on the Trip Advisor Review and that you thought our Resort was wonderful.

I do apologize for the bed in Donna's Diamond. I have already ordered a new mattress which should be here next week and it will be replaced. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

We hope you will come back to see us again soon and again thanks for the review.

Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

My friend and I and our 4 daughters spent a fun long weekend at Don's Den at Willow Winds in October. It was a last minute trip and we were so lucky to have found the cabin. Though small, it was perfect for the 6 of us. The cabin was comfortable and the location is quiet yet close to everything you'd want to see in Asheville. The cabin was clean and the gift basket was a nice and welcome extra touch. Everyone we dealt with in the office was friendly and helpful. I'd definitely stay there again!

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Judilovestravel
Just a note to thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us. I'm glad you found our "Friendly Service" helpful and that you and your daughters had a good time visiting us and the Asheville area. We hope you will come back again soon.

Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

Second trip to Willow Winds. These cabins are well- located, well-stocked, clean and comfortably appointed. Owners take pride in their establishment and offer lots of material on Asheville and are willing to assist with advice on the locale. Cabins are closely set, so this is not a super private experience, yet the cabins are oriented to give that illusion once you are inside. Wood burning fireplace with plenty of split wood. Some cabins are newer than others, so be sure and ask about that when reserving, however we stayed in an older cabin this time and it was fine.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SusanJ972
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your visit with us. I glad you had a "great repeat experience" and hope you will come back to see us again soon.

Thanks again for your comments.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013 via mobile

My husband and I just spent 5 days in the Gracie's Willow cabin at Willow Winds for our 15 year anniversary, and had the most relaxing vacation ever!! The cabin was cozy and secluded, and stocked with every appliance and amenity we could have ever needed! The fountains all around the grounds were gorgeous and gave a constant restful sound of running water. We loved the fireplace and spent hours unwinding in the hot tub. We were only minutes away from the Biltmore Estate and downtown Asheville, with tons of restaurants nearby, yet the cabin seemed like it was in the middle of a peaceful forest! The staff in the office was incredibly nice and helpful, even helping me reschedule our visit several times with no problem at all. We can't WAIT to come back again next year!!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Meredith B
First...Congratulations on your 15th Wedding Anniversary!!!. I appreciate your taking the time to review your stay with us and glad that you "had the most relaxing vacation ever!"

We look forward to your visit next year and again thanks for the wonderful comments!!!

Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

Me and my fiance stayed at Kathy's Cabin in March. We had a great time. We loved the cabin and the hot tub- very relaxing after being out all day! The cabin itself was in great condition- everything looked cleaned and well stocked. The bed was very comfortable and the whole cabin was perfect for our needs. We loved the position of our cabin- not too close to any of the other cabins, which is perfect for a getaway! The grounds are beautiful, and there is plenty to do just around the grounds themselves, so plan some time to just relax walking around the grounds. Also there is a pretty big movie collection that is perfect for a night in (also, if you ask the front desk, they will give you some food delivery choices).

We felt that the place was well managed and well maintained. The staff that we dealt with were incredible and we felt very comfortable that they would tend to our needs. Everything about our experience was perfect and it really made our trip to Asheville special. I highly recommend staying at Willow Winds, it is worth every penny!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Michael912013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our Resort. We really appreciate your taking the time to give us your thoughts. I agree that we have an "incredible" staff who is always anxious to make our guests feel welcome and help them in any way they can.

I'm glad you had a perfect get-away and hope you will come back and visit us again soon.