“Great King Suite”

Ranked #37 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
Davidson, North Carolina
“Great King Suite”
Reviewed 30 October 2009

Stopped there on a motorcycle trip, great room, nice fireplace.
Too bad there was no free breakfast. Would recommend hotel.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Florida
Reviewed 11 October 2009

We stayed for two nights at this hotel. Location is congested and a little hard to get to; however, it is very close to downtown restaurants, shops, etc. The rooms were great...large and clean. Bathtub in middle of bedroom was unique and fun. We had a good balconey as well with nice views. Staff was okay, a little disinterested in us. Lots of chain restaurants around so the hotel has an "off the interstate" feel to it. Giant, ugly, rundown buidling next door that totally ruined the view from the side window. Room itself was great and very affordable. Overall location is good for downtown, Biltmore, Mount Mitchell.

2 Thank tymeredith
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 11 October 2009

Stayed here one night on our trip to Asheville. The hotel was easy to locate and had a Cracker Barrell, Fiddling Pig BBQ and and Outback in walking distance. Front desk clerk was very nice. I used Priority Club Points for the room. We were given a King, Non Smoking room and it was nicely decorated and was very clean. Nice bathroom and shower. View was of yucky property next door, but we were only there for one night so it didn't bother us. Room was next to elevator, but we heard no noise in the hallway.
Overall - nice and clean.... Bed was a bit firm, but we slept allright.

California
Reviewed 25 September 2009

I was very disappointed at this hotel. The rooms however are very nice. Large and clean I have no comploaint about the rooms. I was not treated nicely one time by the staff here. I asked three questions in the four days I stayed there and not once did I get a friendly tone or even the answer I needed. Check out was basically harassment. We had two separate reservations for some reason, which totally confused all the staff. Check out is 11:00 am at 11:05am the day BEFORE we were to check out a knock at the door and a woman with a clip board telling me check-out was 11:00am. She told me to put the "do Not disurb" sign out, which I did. Ten minutes later another knock and before I could get to the door and man walked in. Then minutes later the phone rang, it is now 11:20am and it is front desk asking why we weren't out yet. I pointed out that we had the room another night. She found the reservation and said "OK". No apologies from any of them. That was the overall attitude. I don't need to be "kissed up to" but I like to be treated respectfully and politely. Also the restaurant only serves breakfast and dinner so if you need lunch you can go to McDonalds or Taco Bell across the street. This was not a happy experience for me. Go to the new Hilton in Asheville. It's beautiful and only a couple of dollars more, literally!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
3 Thank cjamma
fiftymilli0n
Reviewed 4 September 2009

I travel weekly and have stayed at every hotel chain and nearly all boutique hotels. I have to be honest, this Holiday Inn Hotel completely blew me away with their exceptional service, great location and extremely expansive and relaxing accommodations.

First let me say that this was my first stay at this hotel though I have stayed at several hotels in Asheville. I was visiting Asheville for 3 nights. The first night I checked into the Homewood Suites. The service was completely inadequate, lacking and just plain AWFUL!!! I checked into the Homewood where I had a reservation for over 2 months. After checking in at the front desk, I learned that I was given a SMOKING ROOM! Are you kidding...who still has smoking rooms in 2009!!! The smell was horrible...horendous...even revolting!!! The front desk clerk made me make the hike all the way down to the lobby with 5 bags to get a different room assignment and key!! No help was requested for me, and no remorse for hassle. The next day I determined that I was leaving the Homewood though I had no idea which hotel had availability or which had good accommodations. As I was loading my bags into the trunk of the rental car, I looked up and saw a hotel towering on the hill. It looked very nice and well kept from afar, so I made the quick trip over to this Holiday Inn Suites Hotel and WOW, I was enamered at the service and care they gave me coming through the door. The best experience I have ever had with check in happened at this hotel and it came from the Front Desk Manager Sam Israel. This was one of the nicest, customer focused and totally engaging hotel managers that I have met in decades. I had no reservation, was completedly exhausted from the drive and work day, and he went completely out of his way to make my experience and day better! With only a handful of rooms on hand, Sam with no hesitation booked me one of the only few suites available and gave me a great rate. But thats not all, seeing how hard my day had been, he also handed me a coupon for a free beverage in the hotel lounge area just as a token of kindness and to help me unwind my rigorous day. He handed me my key, and gave friendly instructions on how to get to my room and topped it off with a great handshake and a hearty welcoome to the Holiday Inn Suites Hotel. I was so overwhelmed with kindness I was speechless. I gathered my bags and took the elevator to my suite and it was very plush and clean and VERY SPACIOUS!! I gasped at how lavish and comfortable this suite was. This is hands down the hotel of choice for me each time I visit Asheville. I would more than recommend this hotel to everyone. Take my word for it, this hotel is better than Homewood and any other hotel in its vicinity...hands down...no discussion. Be treated like royalty and enjoy this great city...all at the Holiday Inn Suites Hotel Downtown!!!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank fiftymilli0n
CA
Reviewed 30 July 2009

Spent 2 nights here in Asheville and it was a very nice holiday inn. Beautiful view, and we had a jacuzzi suite - a huge whirlpool right in the main room! AMAZING.
Ordered breakfast one morning, which was fantastic. The beds were comfortable although I wished there were more than 2 thin blankets on it.
My only big complaint with this hotel was that every light in the rooms were a bright white fluorescent. It made the room feel cold at night rather than a nice warm feeling. Oh, one more problem - the front desk wasn't the most helpful. They couldn't answer pretty much anything...
Otherwise, great hotel. It's not a luxury hotel or anything, but it's comfortable, clean, and the price is pretty low.

P.S. - the hotel recommends a restaurant "Fiddlin Pigs" next door to it. I can back up that recommendation! :)

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Port Orange, FL.
Reviewed 25 July 2009

We stayed for 3 nights and were thrilled with everything about this hotel. Would and will stay there again. Best value, spotlessly clean, great service.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple