“Thank You For An Unforgettable Experience!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
ASIA Bed and Breakfast Spa
Ranked #15 of 38 Asheville B&B and Inns
East Coast
“Thank You For An Unforgettable Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2006

We had such a wonderful time! We couldn't have imagined a more perfect getaway. Patti and Rachael are irreplaceable- our every need was met and we're leaving wishing we could have stayed longer. Very relaxing! Lovely atmosphere. Thank you for an unforgettable experience.

K & J
Gulfport, MS

Stayed September 2006
5 Thank gypsy1013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2006

Wow (and not in a good way)- ASIA has done a wonderful job with their marketing; the website makes the "Inn" look like so much more than it could ever possibly be. STAY ELSEWHERE!!! My husband and I visited last Septemeber and were so excited when we finally got to leave to go onto our next destination.

Let's reveal the facts-
1. ASIA is not a member of a professional assosiation. I was not aware of professional associations for B&Bs until the damage was already done. ASIA is NOT a member of any professional association- which means that in some way they don't meet all the requirements to be a member.

2. Peaceful (OR NOT!!!)- if cars wizzing by, people screaming outside, and loud clanky air conditioning is your idea of peace; you will find it here! We couldn't have the windows open and it was the perfect time of year to sleep with window open because of all the noise outside.

3. Oh the smells! - Nevermind the fact that the whole room smelt musty; I found it almost unbearable to use the toilet. We stayed in the Paris Flea Market room and the toilet room absolutely smells of mold from within the walls.

4. Did I mention the narrow shared driveway and small parking area in the back - you may just scrape the side of your car or maybe even wreck it trying to get in and out of this place. ASIA shares a driveway with an Inn next door and it is just not a good situation, because it is only one lane (barely). Just hope you are not arriving when somebody else is leaving or vise versa.

5. The food wasn't that great. They had a tea bar. I have been spoiled by so many other B&Bs that keep snacks out 24 hours a day for the customer's and while small, it is just a nice gesture.

6. Did I mention the rodent that slept on our porch every night! It was a little wierd; the steps to our room were not kept clean - there were dead leaves, cobwebs, and dirt all over the place, which made a nice home for the rodent that moved in right next to the door - ICK!

7, The carpet is stained and not even installed correctly so the carpet pad from under it was exposed and it looked disgusting.

8. The Innkeeper - not sure if she was trying too hard or if it was that she wasn't genuine. I don't know, but one thing I know is that she did not make me feel comfortable in the "Inn" at all. I've never felt so uncomfortable in my life.

9. My final gripe - I booked the three nights we were to stay about 5 weeks prior to going. The owner actually called me about 4 days after I booked my time there and was asking for the rest of my money - still 30 days prior to my arrival.

Don't waste your money; to this day, I still kick myself over wasting that $1000. I could've had so many other things or stayed somewhere nicer for longer for the same amount. There is a large professional spa in Asheville, though I don't recall the name, but the prices are the same, but the atmosphere is SOOO much better. STAY ELSEWHERE!!!

• Liked — Getting to leave.
  • Disliked — The price we paid for what we got.
  • Tips/Secrets — STAY ELSEWHERE!!! - perhaps Cedar Crest Inn; that's where we are staying next time we go to Asheville.
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
12 Thank MsTravlAlot
East Coast
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2006

Just beware before you give this place your credit card number. Even if you cancel your reservations many months in advance you will not get a full refund!!!

• Disliked — rudeness of staff
  • Stayed September 2006
6 Thank dewbear
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2006

Asheville and ASIA!

A slice of heaven and a wonderful way to celebrate our 35 years of marriage and begin our next 35! The Innkeepers were wonderful and make our visit so enjoyable on a personal level. We should return just to visit them.

To anyone reading this, be sure to use the sauna and steam rooms! And don't miss the massages and facials.

This Inn was selected because of its uniqueness and Asian influences. We were not disappointed. We have traveled extensively and rank ASIA as one of the top B&B's. . . a destination in itself.

Thank you so much!
S. & S.
Albany, New York

• Stayed July 2006
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank havetixwilltravel
Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2006

I and two other friends wanted to spend our 50th birthdays at a nice spa, so my friend chose this one. We were looking for a place to be spoiled and she decided to book the three of us there. You can chose between a 4-treatment or a 6-treatment package (according to the website) We were going to stay 2 nights and my friend signed us up for the 6-treatment stay. The price was very expensive, but we sent in a deposit. A week later we wanted to change to the 4-treatment option since we decided that we'd like to see Ashville and spend more time together. We were told that we would have to talk with the manager to make any changes. Weeks went by and we never could get ahold of her. Finally my friend tracked her down and she said the owner would not make the change because they would "lose money on it." They also could not tell us which rooms we would have. Frankly everyone we talked to was very rude. It became apparent that this vacation was not going to have anything to do with what we wanted to do, so we cancelled. Because we could not get ahold of the management (their phones were "down") and so much time had passed, they refused to refund all of our money. What a rip off! We decided to to to Kingsmill Spa in Williamsburg, which is a professional spa. DO NOT do business with this Asheville spa!! Warning: we also found that they "contract out" for the people who do the treatments.

Stayed August 2006
8 Thank loveymyhome
Madison, Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2006

My husband and I stayed at this about 9 months ago. I didn't leave a review because I did not find the inn listed on Tripadvisor. But after planning to visit Asheville again and reading all the wonderful reviews of the other inns, I decided I had to leave a review about A Spa Inn Asheville to forewarn other would-be guests.

The innkeeper was rude all the way. It was our anniversary and she made us feel like she just wanted us kept out of the way. It says on the website that your room choices aren't guaranteed, but you can still request. Upon arrival we learned that she was putting us in our 3rd choice of a room. Not because the other rooms were occupied, in fact we were the only guests at the inn. But rather, because the room she put us in was detached from the house, so that we were out of her way. We told her that the room she put us in (The Appalachian, very rustic) was not the idea of romance we had in mind and could we please stay in a different room, she said no.

Then when she asked us about breakfast preferences and I told her I don't eat eggs she just said, "well I'm sure you can find a way", and fixed an egg dish anyway.

Do yourself a favor and do not stay here. Of all the other choices of B&Bs in Asheville so many are much better. We stayed our third night in A Bed of Roses because we could not afford all three nights at A Spa Inn's $500 charge. The Bed of Roses was much nicer and much friendlier. We wished we had stayed the entire time there. Lesson Learned.

22 Thank MrsJ-02