The Residences at Biltmore
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Cedar Crest Inn(Asheville)
  • Restaurant
1,264 results
All reviewsfull kitchenfire pittop floorbedroom condowasher and dryergranite countertopsupstairs neighborshuge showerwell equipped kitchenhome away from homeliving areasmall balconyhot tubflat screenthin wallswalk in showergreat place to stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 April 2013

This was my second visit to the property within 1 year. My first visit was very nice. My 2nd, not so much! The first problem was the party upstairs that had 3 children and constantly ran up and down all the time and they woke up at 5 am and got ready, so we had to hear all that noise very early. Then the kitchen had a can opener broken, the coffee maker was also broken. All those things would have been bad enough, but the day we were about to check out, I noticed a charge on my credit card that was completely inaccurate. When we checked out I mentioned this to the person at the desk, and she basically said someone must have added another night on and charged you for that. I am sure it will be removed in the next couple of days. I then looked over our bill, that include this recent charge and beside charging me two pet fees, which was corrected. I left and called my credit card company to dispute the $179 charge for a night that I never requested or used and fortunately they immediately reversed the charge. I wrote a letter to complain about this visit and incident and did not receive a reply or phone call. I will be staying elsewhere when I am visiting Asheville and informing my friends of this as well.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank cdm1208
Shane B, Owner at The Residences at Biltmore, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2013

It's troubling to hear that you did not enjoy your second stay with us—especially since we were able to show you such a relaxing time earlier in the year. We pride ourselves on being a place for people to relax and "get away." The fact that we could not provide this for you is very troubling to me.

I'm sorry to hear about the loud noises you experienced so early in the morning. We do have a 24 hour concierge desk that is always willing to handle noise issues for our customers—I'm sure we could have taken care of this for you.

I'm also sorry to hear about the issue with your credit card. Though mistakes will be made from time to time, handling them in a professional manner is what we expect of our staff. If our staff was unwilling to help you get the charges corrected, I'd like to sincerely apologize. I plan on reaffirming our values with the team—we will handle these situations better in the future.

If you have any further comments or concerns please don't hesitate to reach out. I'd appreciate the chance to hear more about your time with us. Take care.

Reviewed 21 April 2013 via mobile

We were so excited for a relaxing weekend get away, but little did we know we weren't going to rest much.
Check in was quick - we arrived early, but our room was ready. We made our way to our ground level studio suite and were very pleased when we opened the door. The room was gorgeous with all the amenities you'd expect for $169 a night. But we quickly realized that it was going to be a rough weekend. All weekend we dealt with hearing every move of the people staying above us. We could hear them walking around, talking, flushing the toilet, taking a shower...you name it, we heard it. They were especially noisy late at night (midnight on Friday and Saturday) and early in the morning (it started back up around 8 or 8:30 each morning). I enjoy sleeping in when I'm on vacation...not here! I couldn't! Needless to say the walls are paper thin - we could even hear housekeeping vacuuming the unit next door on Saturday afternoon! After staying the weekend I decided to look into the negative reviews here on trip advisor...and what do you know...many of them are complaining about noise. It irritated me to read the property manager's responses to avoid the problem in the future by 1. Letting the 24 hour staff know (which wouldn't help because clearly they know how thin the walls are) and 2. To request a top floor room - seriously?! That's your recommendation? That's just ridiculous. Stay here if you like to spend a lot of money on a room with nice accommodations, but don't care if you don't sleep at all...we won't be back.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank JPWills
Shane B, Owner at The Residences at Biltmore, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2013

I'm sorry to hear how disappointed you were with your stay, JP. As you mention, we are aware of the thinness of our walls. However, we are always willing to do whatever it takes to help our guests, because your satisfaction and comfort is always our primary concern

Did you mention this to our staff during your visit? I'm sure our 24 hour concierge would have been willing to do whatever it took to ensure your comfort.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any further comments or concerns. We'd appreciate the opportunity to put our best foot forward. Take care.

Reviewed 21 April 2013

After staying in several "cookie cutter" hotels on a long road trip, the R@B was like heaven. So many hotel chains are almost indistinguishable from one another. This place is unique, tasteful, memorable. The staff made us feel welcome and valued. Everyone we talked with took time to answer all our questions and give helpful hints on the area. One lovely little extra is that they light the firepit every evening, and guests can sit around the fire to watch the sunset.

The property is in between the Biltmore Estate and Asheville, about a 3-minute drive to either one. It's set back from the main road in a beautiful wooded setting. Our studio (the smallest room available) was over 500 sq ft--about twice the size of many standard hotel rooms. The rooms are designed and decorated (in the Craftsman style) as nicely as someone's home. The wooden flooring and beautiful furniture were not at all what you'd find in most hotels. Our room was quiet, and the bed was wonderfully comfortable. The bathroom was beautiful, with a gigantic shower and a whirlpool tub. Although there are many wonderful restaurants in the area, we saved a lot by making breakfast and lunch in the efficient kitchen. We also appreciated having a washer and dryer on site. We will definitely return to the R@B.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ondrejka

Thanks for your kind and thoughtful review. It is so flattering to see that we were "like heaven!" I'm thrilled to hear about your stay with us. Ensuring that our guests are comfortable and relaxed is always our goal. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 21 April 2013

We stayed 2 nights at the Residence in a three bedroom...wished we could have stayed longer. The space was very roomy, quiet, and comfortable. The staff was very helpful and prompt. The concierge was very helpful and knowledgeable about the area. Reservations were made promptly so we did not have to wait at any restaurants. The recommendations were spot on and very enjoyable. It is in a great location to downtown Asheville, Biltmore Estates, and Biltmore Village.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kerry S

Kerry,

We wish you could have stayed longer as well! Thanks for taking the time to share you experience with us on TripAdvisor. I'm thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. We hope to welcome you back to beautiful Asheville again!

Reviewed 17 April 2013

We stayed a week at the Residences. We found the location to the Asheville downtown district and the Biltmore very convenient. The hotel is quiet. We had a one room suite. The bed was extremely comfortable as well as the pillows. The suite had a balcony with chairs ( a very pleasant way to spend time outside). The bath had a very large stand alone shower as well as a whirlpool tub. All areas of the room had plenty of light for reading, watching tv, etc. The kitchen was well stocked with plates, bowls and other table settings though cooking utensils like the pot and pan selection were minimal. The full size refrigerator/freezer had an outside dispenser of ice and cold filtered water.

Housekeeping was excellent every day and the staff tries to accommodate your schedule by cleaning early or later in the day at your request.

The next time I am in Asheville I will look no further for great accommodations at a fair price.

Room Tip: We had room 425. It had a view of the parking lot and further beyond a hillside that housed the pool, hot tub and fire pit. So these amenities were very close by.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank kgeren
Shane B, Owner at The Residences at Biltmore, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2013

Thanks for your kind review here on TripAdvisor. I couldn't be happier to hear how much you enjoyed staying with us. We strive to offer our customers the necessary amenities to enjoy a comfortable and relaxing stay, so I'm sure everyone will love seeing this! We look forward to welcoming you back to beautiful Asheville.