Our studio was fine for 2, although the queen bed seemed small, perhaps because of a very soft mattress which sloped toward the middle. Sliding glass door shutters didn't adequately control light, which contributed to poor sleep.
However, the Residences has much to recommend it:
Clean bath with large shower, good water pressure, abundant counter space, lighted magnifying mirror, good supply of fluffy towels.
Kitchenette with coffee/tea supplies, full refrigerator, micro, sink, dishes/utensils--perfect for grabbing a quick breakfast.
Small washer and dryer in the unit with complimentary detergent in the office.
Free parking consistently available near our unit.
WiFi worked fine and no noise issues in our unit--perhaps fortunate with quiet neighbors.
Friendly, decent staff. Returned one evening to find "Matt" on the phone calling in favors to help 5 women with car brake issues. They said they had to start back to Michigan (?) the next morning. (Surprised when we saw them shopping in Asheville late the next afternoon, but perhaps they were still waiting for their car.) We waited at least 20+ minutes to ask Matt a simple question when he was helping with the brake issue, but were impressed with his efforts.
Location is out of the shopping and downtown areas, but it was quick to get to the areas of interest to us.
Did not check out the pool--too busy enjoying the Asheville area.
CONS: Although bath and kitchen clean, the living area could use more attention on carpet stains, dusty baseboards, dirty area around the entry, grout, etc.
Small kitchen table would not work well for more than 2, even though 4 chairs were available.
No room for a bedside table on one side of our Queen bed, so obviously little light for reading.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residences at Biltmore is an all-suite luxury hotel located in Asheville, North Carolina. This beautiful hotel is set on top of a hill surrounded by timeworn hardwood trees, just outside the gates of the Biltmore Estate in South Asheville. Convenient to Asheville and all of the most sought-after tourism destinations, restaurants and shopping, The Residences at Biltmore is the perfect accommodation for nearly any occasion. Whether you are looking for a unique family vacation destination, a weekend retreat with friends, a romantic mountain getaway or an outdoor adventure, it is the perfect place to enjoy the tranquility of the mountains of North Carolina. Guests may select from Studio, One, Two, and Three Bedroom luxury suites depending on their individual needs. Designed to create a unique "home suite home" experience, each suite features flat-screen televisions, designer bed linens, whirlpool baths, gas fireplaces, private balconies and full kitchens. The on-site health and fitness center is equipped with state-of-the-art fitness equipment, and our outdoor recreation area contains a seasonally heated pool, hot tub and fire pit. Our exclusive concierge service can help with anything you need throughout the duration of your stay, from arranging transportation services, babysitting, pet-sitting, dry cleaning, gift delivery and grocery shopping to making restaurant reservations, salon and spa appointments or golf tee times. We also offer in-room massage therapy services so guests can experience pampering and relaxation without leaving the comfort of their suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your The Residences at Biltmore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Residences At Biltmore Hotel Asheville
- Residences At Biltmore Asheville
- Residences At Biltmore Hotel Asheville