“Excellent place to stay!!”

The Residences at Biltmore
Ranked #22 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Coral Gables, Florida
“Excellent place to stay!!”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

After long days on a road trip, we arrived at this beautiful condo! Much more than we expected, super big rooms, including kitchen ,Washers & Dryers ,super clean. The only bad thing is that the bathroom was very cold, and did not want to to enter was super cold but nothing super important. At the check in the staff was super good, super-friendly and respectful. Great place we really enjoy our stay and we recommend it ! If at any point we return to visit Asheville we will stay in this condo.

1 Thank Sol Q

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I really wish I could give it 5 stars....

The staff were wonderful. Early checkin was requested and received. Quick and easy process on check in and check out.

The room was wonderful, it was more an apartment than a hotel room. It felt like we were in our own home. Everything you need and more. Perfect layout for a family. Very clean and new furnishings. One of the most well maintained hotels I've stayed at.

One, and only one complaint...the walls are paper thin. There is even a room above reception and upon checkin we could hear footsteps above us. Footsteps, slamming doors, barking dogs, crying babies, slamming doors and even conversations. If you don't want to deal with the noise I would suggest a room on a top floor. If it weren't for this I would have given five stars.

The location is amazing, close to everything including the front gate to Biltmore.

Room Tip: High floor if you don't want to hear people above you.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Veronica M
Reviewed 27 November 2013

We recently stayed at the Residences and could not be happier with our stay. The room was clean and inviting. When we had to leave a day early due to the weather, the staff was very accommodating in explaining their policies and worked with us to come to an agreeable solution. They made reservations for dinner for us both nights and the places they chose were excellent. Thank you Residences at Biltmore for a lovely experience. We will return when we come back to explore more of your delightful city. (We too heard our upstairs neighbors but it was not so bad to ruin our experience)

Rocklin, California
Reviewed 20 November 2013

My wife, daughter and in-laws had a great stay at the Residences. A beautiful, well maintained vacation condo property. We had a two bedroom suite with a great living area and well equipped kitchen. The staff was easy going and friendly. The fireplace was a nice touch and the the property had a nice upscale cabin type feel.
Will return her on our next trip!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank bobby k
Bill C, Owner at The Residences at Biltmore, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
We look forward to welcoming you back, Bobby, and I'm very happy to hear that you and your family were so pleased with the suites and the property. Thanks for sharing this excellent review, and for choosing to stay with us. We'll keep the lights on for you!

Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We had a great four day weekend at the Residences in late October. The little apartment was spotless and for us, well-maintained over the 4 days-our housekeeper did a great job. The furnishings were very comfortable. The living room furniture was a great place to hang out, the bathroom was large and well-designed and the bed was great-very comfortable (I don't know if they are variable between units or if it just fit our "tastes" better than some of the others who have written in). We did hear the upstairs neighbors, but it was not different than other Condo's that we have stayed at, at beach and mountain locations.
A real plus was the very workable kitchen. In this regard, although some have complained about the cost, we found that we were able to save money and time by the convenience of having breakfast in the condo every day instead of having to troop out to a restaurant. So for us, the cost was well worth it. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Bill C, Owner at The Residences at Biltmore, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
We want you to feel at home when you visit us, and I'm so happy to hear that you were comfortable and were able to make the most of your time. Thank you for sharing this excellent feedback, and I'll be sure to pass along your praise to the whole team. I hope you'll opt to stay with us again the next time you're in Asheville -- we all look forward to welcoming you back!

La Jolla, California
Reviewed 16 November 2013

My husband thought we had arrived at the wrong place - that it was a sales office for an apartment/condo complex (which I think it probably doubles as since the condos are in reality for sale?). Their website shows a concierge with an umbrella assisting someone out of a car. Are you serious? This is so far from what is happening here. I have never had such a horrible check-in experience and we decided to leave - and went across the street to stay (at a HOTEL!!). What a sham. I was instructed to call the next day to get my money back since they were not able to return our funds (really???). The manager, Bill C., was super nice and accommodating. The next day my funds were returned. 3 days later a charge for another night was added. I called back and left a message for the same manager. To date - one week later - no return of the funds. From now on I am going to look at the worst reviews on Trip Advisor - to see what people really think. I copied the review below (from May 2010) which expresses our sentiments exactly (except they returned their funds!!).

"Imagine my surprise pulling up to a 5 star "luxury hotel" to discover that the hotel is in fact an apartment complex.... no entrance, no luggage carts (although the image of the building on their website miraculously shows a ground level entrance and luggage cart waiting) - please see the photo i have attached from the "hotel" website...such a misrepresentation.
In truth, every room opens to an exterior stairwell. When we voiced our displeasure with the misleading nature of the website with the staff, we received argument rather than apology. Do not call yourself a luxury hotel when you are a luxury apartment. While this set-up may be just what some folks are looking for, i believe the owners have a duty to properly describe what the facility is. To include a photograph (or conceptual rendering of what may have originally been intended) depicting a grand entrance, glass doors and traditional hotel appearance when there is no such entrance is fraud.
We were looking for a luxurious hotel to celebrate a birthday weekend getaway. What we found was an apartment complex. We then spent the next 4 hours attempting to locate a true luxury hotel with a vacancy. At least they were nice enough to refund my money (at least I assume they did as the temporary authorization is still on my card which is another story all together)...

Room Tip: Don't stay if you want hotel service.
5 Thank CaliforniaAlways
As we discussed, I am sorry our website images led you to believe our property was something other than what it is, and we do believe it to be an accurate representation. We are in the process of updating some elements of our site and will certainly take your feedback into account as we do so. Interestingly, the doors in the photo are actually of our alternate registration location which is a much smaller studio unit on site. In addition, we do have luggage carts positioned throughout the property for our guests' convenience. I do hold our facility and team to the very highest of standards, and I'm so sorry that we didn't live up to your expectations. As for the charge to your credit card, that has been resolved and refunded. Should you have any additional concerns or questions, you're more than welcome to contact me directly.

Best wishes,
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Very clean, updated and cozy rooms with a full kitchen/fireplace/spa tub/balcony. We absolutely having the room for not a whole lot more than a regular hotel. Down the street from Biltmore Village and the entrance to the Estate.

Fireplace has stack stone, stainless appliances and nice wood floors. Everything was perfect here except the Direct TV - which isn't the hotel's fault. I just HATE Direct TV..
Other than that a wonderful place to stay...

Room Tip: 4th Floor rooms are on the top and are the place room placement..
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Bill C, Owner at The Residences at Biltmore, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and were comfortable in your suite -- though I'm sorry if the Direct TV was acting up. Thank you for sharing this great review, and I hope you'll come see us again the next time you need a getaway!

Bill, General Manager