We booked a studio suite for $153ish a night. At check-in we were upgraded to a 1 bedroom suite.
Location -- outside of Asheville, but close to everything
Quality of the furnishings
Quality of kitchen -- appliances, dishes, cookware, etc. Everything you could need.
Bedding, plenty of towels (extras for pool)
Huge bathroom (really, crazy huge...)
Not well sound proofed. Pretty much like an average apartment building -- it wasn't really a problem for us, but if you are a very light sleeper, it might not be the place for you.
Loud A/C -- we kept turning the TV up and down every time it kicked on and off :)
These units were originally apartments, as others have mentioned. Depending on which floor you are on and where you park, you may have to carry your luggage upstairs. Because the buildings are on a hillside, the second floor from the front lot is the first floor if you park in the back lot, and the first floor from the front is below level from the back lot. Does that make sense? So, while the third floor is the quietest, the other two floors are easier to get in and out of.
The residences are apparently operated by two different management companies. We booked through http://www.residencesatbiltmore.com/ and were told to check in at the second entrance, not the first set of buildings. We never did find out the difference.
We wished we could have stayed here our whole trip (it was booked up), and will definitely stay again, with or without our kids.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residences at Biltmore is an all-suite luxury hotel located in Asheville, North Carolina. This beautiful hotel is set on top of a hill surrounded by timeworn hardwood trees, just outside the gates of the Biltmore Estate in South Asheville. Convenient to Asheville and all of the most sought-after tourism destinations, restaurants and shopping, The Residences at Biltmore is the perfect accommodation for nearly any occasion. Whether you are looking for a unique family vacation destination, a weekend retreat with friends, a romantic mountain getaway or an outdoor adventure, it is the perfect place to enjoy the tranquility of the mountains of North Carolina. Guests may select from Studio, One, Two, and Three Bedroom luxury suites depending on their individual needs. Designed to create a unique "home suite home" experience, each suite features flat-screen televisions, designer bed linens, whirlpool baths, gas fireplaces, private balconies and full kitchens. The on-site health and fitness center is equipped with state-of-the-art fitness equipment, and our outdoor recreation area contains a seasonally heated pool, hot tub and fire pit. Our exclusive concierge service can help with anything you need throughout the duration of your stay, from arranging transportation services, babysitting, pet-sitting, dry cleaning, gift delivery and grocery shopping to making restaurant reservations, salon and spa appointments or golf tee times. We also offer in-room massage therapy services so guests can experience pampering and relaxation without leaving the comfort of their suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Residences at Biltmore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Residences At Biltmore Hotel Asheville
- Residences At Biltmore Asheville
- Residences At Biltmore Hotel Asheville