“Wonderful Stay & Great Location”

The Residences at Biltmore
Ranked #22 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
Ft Lauderdale, FL
“Wonderful Stay & Great Location”
Reviewed 29 October 2009

My Husband and I stayed at this hotel 10/21 - 10/24/09. We enjoyed everything about it! First, when I made the reservation, I indicated we preferred a pet free room and upper floor, if possible. The hotel never indicated there would be a problem with our request. In fact, the concierge called me back a few minutes after completing my reservation, and she asked me if I preferred down/feather pillows or allergy free pillows. She even asked me if I would like her to email restaurant information, etc. She not only emailed me information, but she had printed information on the area restaurants and maps of the area prepared and waiting for us, upon our arrival. We had reserved a one bedroom apartment; however, we were given a free upgrade to a two bedroom apartment on the top floor. It was lovely...large flat sceen TV's in every room. Great kitchen, it had a regular coffee pot, which always makes me happy (not those pretend miniture pots that make coffee tinted hot water) and everything else you could possibly need. They even had champagne glasses! It was cold enough for the fire at night, which we enjoyed. The porch is large enough to actually be able to sit outside and enjoy a cup of coffee in the morning or a glass of wine at night. It was great that the door in the living room, which opened to the patio, had a screen door. This allowed us to leave the door open and enjoy the crisp fall air while we enjoyed the fire. We loved the beds and linens, and the towels were extra large, which was great! The housekeeping service was also very good. We received a $50 gift card for an area restaurant of our choice (we were given several to choose from), as part of our package. We chose the Corner Kitchen and ate there on our first night in Asheville. We had a wonderful meal! Calamari, which was some of the best we have ever had. Filet Mignon and Mahi Mahi that was delicious! Our package also included two, two-day tickets to The Biltmore, which was very convenient and we loved that we did not have to stand in any long lines. Our only negatives, and they were VERY minor, were that we had to ask for the champagne that was included with our package ( it was supposed to have been in our room upon arrival), the master bath is so large, that it really needs a heat lamp, and my husband would have loved a little more water pressure. I thoroughly enjoyed the large jetted tub every night...it was fabulous!! The concierge immediately gave me a bottle of champagne when I asked, and the rest of our complaints are trival, considering the overall quality of the hotel and our room. The location is handy to everything. downtown a mile away, The Biltmore and Biltmore Village Shops, are just blocks away. The Interstate and the Blue Ridge Parkway is so close, we hopped on and off easily, and we went in several directions during our stay. The NC Arboretum is also not far away or hard to get to from the hotel. We loved the The Residences at Biltmore, we will recommend it to all our friends and family, and we look forward to staying there again on our next trip to Asheville!

1 Thank Nancy L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
Charlottesville, VA
Reviewed 27 October 2009

The Residences at the Biltmore was is a terrific place to stay in Asheville. They are conveniently located and extremely comfortable, well maintained and clean - more like home than a hotel. The fireplace is a really nice touch. The property is conveniently located for visiting both the Biltmore and downtown Asheville. The staff was very knowledgeable, friendly and helpful with many suggestions and tips which was particularly good since this was our first visit to Asheville. We hope to return soon and will definitely stay at the Residences at the Biltmore.

greenvillenc
Reviewed 22 October 2009

We were pleasantly surprised by the finishings and size of our accomadations. This is not your standard feeling place if you are looking for the hotel feel. We wern't looking for that. What we found was very confortable spacious and extremly helpful staff at the front desk. They made recomendations that were point on. Great resturants and they handled the reseverations for us. Helped us print tickets to the Biltmore and anything else we needed. What ever you miss from a hotel is more than made up for by their staff. Very convient as well.

Virginia
Reviewed 10 October 2009

My husband and I stayed here for two nights. The room was very nice and for the most part it was clean. BUT.. when I went turned on the jets in the tub, chunks of mold came out that were the size of my thumbnail. Lots of them. It was really gross. When I complained they did deep clean the tub the next day.The refrigerator in the room hadn't been cleaned between guests either. It had some kind of sticky red liquid splashed on the inside. If I stayed here again I would ask for a room on the top floor. The hardwood floors are beautiful but listening to your upstairs neighbors walk on them was not as nice. Also there was a full kitchen... but they didn't have any kitchen towels or a dish cloth in there. When I called to ask they said to use the paper towels that were on the counter. We ended up using towels from the bathroom.

On the upside the room was well appointed and with the exceptions above it was very clean. The bed was so comfortable you hated to get out of it in the morning, and the bathroom was huge.

Charlotte
Reviewed 8 October 2009

Some friends and I spent a birthday weekend at the Residences. The staff was absolutely wonderful and upgraded our room from a studio to a one bedroom. The room was very clean and absolutely beautiful. Everything we could possibly want was already in the room. When we came back from getting some supplies, we were greeted with balloons and a lovely card wishing me a happy birthday and congratulating my friend on her engagement that we had mentioned in passing. Would definitely recommend the Residences and we'll be back!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
atlanta,ga
Reviewed 8 October 2009

We loved staying at the Residences. The decor was magnificent and the fireplace made it romantic since we were celebrating our anniversary. The rooms were well equipped with everything you will need. The rooms were also very clean. Not too far from downtown and the Biltmore. I wish we could have stayed longer but we only were there for the weekend.

new jersey
Reviewed 25 September 2009

My husband and I stayed a week at the Residence at Biltmore and where delighted with the accomodations. The rooms where large and well appointed. The bathroom had fluffy towles and the bedroom had down bedding. The kitchen had granite countertops and was fully stocked with plates, pots and utensils. The pool area was lovley and clean. When we needed held with planning, directions or tickets for out vacation the office staff was amazing. I would recommend this hotel very highly and would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple