“Way beyond our expectations!!”

The Residences at Biltmore
Ranked #24 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed 7 March 2011

We booked this hotel solely based on pictures. Upon our arrival we were more than impressed with the studio suite. It was the perfect size for 2. This hotel was located within minutes of EVERYTHING. We were about 2 minutes from the gates of the Biltmore house, 5 minutes from Downtown Asheville, and within walking distance to Biltmore Village. The concierge was more than helpful for area restaurants and rainy day activities. We will definitely stay here again! Our only complaint would be that the walls were thin so try to stay on top floor.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank luvthesun4501

Reviewed 4 March 2011

Stayed here over a recent weekend, the location for the Biltmore House and Downtown Asheville is perfect. We stayed in a 1 Bedroom Suite and it was great, bed was comfortable, bathroom was large (jacuzzi tub was a nice touch) and the kitchen/living area was perfect. I requested a room on the top floor due to past reviews on here and noise was not an issue for us, can't comment on rooms on lower floors.

Another nice feature is every night at sundown they light the fire pit by the pool, we took some wine and enjoyed the crisp evening by the fire.

Overall a great stay and recommended to friends already. I am very critial about hotels and I highly recommend giving this one a shot.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank blhatl
Reviewed 25 February 2011

My husband and I stayed here for nearly 2 weeks while I did an externship in Asheville. This hotel was really fantastic - loved the kitchen (surprisingly well equipped), gas fireplace and the washer and dryer. The suite is large and finished with a clean style. The main drawbacks are thin walls (I could hear the tv and footfalls of people above us) and the train that blows it's whistle at all hours - charming during the day, but very disruptive at 3am, then 6am. That said, I'll be back in town next month and plan to stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank RachaelKE
Reviewed 23 February 2011

My wife and I stayed there because the rates were good for a suite. The staff was very knowledgeable about good restaurants and shopping in the area. We were there for the Arts & Crafts Conference at the Grove Park Inn, which was almost three times the cost, with small rooms. We had a great gas fireplace, a large living room, a fully stocked kitchen, dining area, huge bathroom with a jacuzzi and walk-in shower. The bedroom was large, with a comfortable bed. All of the windows, plus the nice balcony, faced onto homes and hills in the area. And totally QUIET all four nights! We didn't use the swimming pool because - it's still winter there!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank msirani
Reviewed 22 February 2011

The Residences at Biltmore felt like a home away from home! I can be very critical of hotels but I definitely felt like this one lived up to all the hype it has been given!
The staff and concierge were in regular contact with me prior to my stay. While I was annoyed at first, it was very much appreciated. The unit that I originally requested was not available, but I was notified well in advance and well compensated by receiving complimentary two day tickets to the Biltmore Estate and Gardens.
One small complaint is that you don't get the warm fuzzy feeling from the staff upon arrival based upon the calibur hotel this is. Additionally, a small request that I made with the concierge service, prior to our arrival was not fulfilled. They offered to make up for it, but it would not have had the same effect as if it was there upon my arrival, so I declined. Nevertheless, overall the staff was still extremely helpful and kind.
We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank CestLavie414
Reviewed 21 February 2011

I booked this hotel for a romantic getaway with my wife, and made my decision based on the #1 rating given to this hotel by trip advisor. I do feel like there was some slight of hand in the advertising for the Residences at Biltmore. First, the pictures on the website portray a much higher end hotel, complete with an attentive concierge who greets you at your vehicle with an umbrella, and rooms complete with a warm cozy fireplace. Well the truth is that the concierge is a young twenty something who sits behind a desk and gives you a map of downtown. The fireplace is well...fake!!! It is a heater that looks like a fireplace, but alas no fire, only a heater. Also, all of the reviews about the walls being paper thin are absolutely true. On our last night the upstairs neighbors were so loud that it sounded like they would come through the ceiling at any moment. Also I could hear a clear converstion through the vents in the bathroom as if the person was talking to me in the same room.

Now this is not to say that the stay was terrible. It was not. The rooms were very clean and the house keeping staff did a wonderful job cleaning the rooms everyday. I enjoyed the private balcony and the view of the mountains. The rooms were very stylish and modern, and the full kitchen was a plus. Overall, the inside of the rooms were nice. My only complaint with the property itself is that it is basically a glorified apartment complex, and the website didn't show this. Not a bad stay, but definitely not what I expected

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank loves2tripoften
Reviewed 20 February 2011

This hotel is WONDERFUL - the location can't be beat (a block from Biltmore Village and the entrance to Biltmore House, and very close to downtown), and the room was amazing. I had a one bedroom suite, which had a very comfortable king sized bed in a separate bedroom, a huge bathroom, a huge kitchen (that was nicer than my kitchen at home with all new full sized appliances, granite countertops, etc.), and comfortable den area (w/queen sized pull out sofa) with a gorgeous stacked stone gas fireplace. I had my own terrace, and right across the parking lot was the awesome hot tub and firepit, which I enjoyed under a full moon! The staff was extremely friendly, the property is tucked up on a hill away from the main road (so it's quiet), and it's extremely clean and everything is updated and new. It felt like a wonderful little apartment/getaway. I would DEFINITELY stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family