“exellent”
other travellers have booked this property
Living Room with wood burning insert stove in stone fireplace
Living Room with comfortable sofa, recliners, and easy chairs Deck Room seating area with comfortable double futon
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Living Room with wood burning insert stove in stone fireplace
Living Room with comfortable sofa, recliners, and easy chairs
Deck Room seating area with comfortable double futon
View through deck room to outdoor deck beyond french doors
Spacious dining room with table and 8 chairs, and kitchen bar
Modern and convenient kitchen with seating island
Kitchen has gas counter stove, and separate electric oven
Kitchen has dishwasher, tile counter tops with lots of cabinet space
Hallway to extra sunroom/bedroom
Master bedroom with plenty of closet and dresser drawer space
Queen sleigh bed in master bedroom with modern technology comfortable foam mattress
The Master bedroom has window view to a flowering mountain dogwood
The Third Bedroom is rustic log and heart pine paneling with views to spacious front yard
The Third Bedroom has single-to double trundle beds with modern foam mattresses
The Second Bedroom is a sunroom with single-to double foam mattresses
The Second Bedroom has spacious windows on three walls, private and well lighted
Master Bathroom with convenient vanity
Master bathroom has accessible walk-in tub with shower hookup
Second Bathroom has tiled shower with handicapped accessible toilet
Second Bathroom vanity and tile shower
Modern high capacty Laundry with front loading washer/dryer
Extra double futon in extra room near laundry
Deck has gas grill, outdoor table and chairs, benches, and adirondack chairs
Front walk from driveway to front door is handicap accessible with rampt to door
Stone walk to stone grill and outdoor deck
Front yard is professionally landscaped with pond feature
Spacious driveway can park multiple cars including large RV
Our cozy log home your homeaway
Sunrise view from deck
Sunrise from deck
View to valley below
View to awesome fall color from deck
handicap ramp to front door
Modern and convenient kitchen
Kitchen bar counter for extra seating
Master bedroom sleigh bed
Master bath with walk-in tub
View o deck from house
View of house across landscaped yard
Front handicap access ramp to front door
Professioally landscaped yard
Tear drop camper available upon request
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

blanca s
San Antonio, Texas
“exellent”
Reviewed 8 January 2015 for a stay in December 2014

my family had the best vacation ever at the molly's ridgetop cabin. we really like the way the owner responded to all my questions,the cabin feels pretty much like home where you can find what you need. my husband and I had the best time ever in Ashville NC.I We highly recommend to visit the molly's cabin in your next vacation their place is perfect for big families.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the cabin has everthing
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
Gail A
“Perfect Place for our Cozy Wedding”
Reviewed 5 January 2015 for a stay in January 2015

We wanted a cabin that would be rustic, with a view, and house up to 8 of our friends for a cozy wedding in the mountains. We picked this rental because it had a beautiful view of the mountains and because it had enough space for us and our friends. We had originally thought we could hold the wedding on the back deck with the mtns. as a back drop but it rained all weekend! We chose to use the living room in from of the wood burning stove and it was perfect!

The kitchen was well equipped with everything we needed to cook our meals and was only 15 minutes to downtown Asheville and Biltmore Village. We had our wedding dinner at The Corner Kitchen in Biltmore Village and would recommend it highly!

The cabin had three bedrooms that slept 2 people each (2 rooms with trundle beds) and two futons in separate locations that slept two each. The dining room table allowed us to eat lunch with 8 snugly around the table, though it might have been tight had all 8 of our friends been able to attend.

The dripping shower spigot was the only issue though it didn't seem to bother anyone's sleep and the shower itself worked fine. The second bathroom had only a hand shower in it that you had to use sitting down in a jacuzzi type tub but worked fine.

Overall, this was a very pleasant experience in a great location and a very nice rustic cabin.

Management Response
6 Jan 2015
Getting married is the most memorable and special occasion in anyone’s life. The place a couple gets married in is equally one of the most memorable places in their lives. So let me begin by saying that I am humbled, honored, and excited that this couple chose my cabin to stage this most important occasion in their lives. My wife and I enjoyed many happy occasions eating many meals from that deck with its wonderful wilderness like views to the Black Mountain Range beyond and all around you. I am so glad that this couple was able to happily adjust their plans from getting married on the deck and instead had it in my living room. They respectfully rearranged some furniture to make it work out for them. I am happy to know they found the living room to be sufficiently spacious for this event. I must say that the deck has a balcony view of the Appalachian Mountains all around and beyond and it is where I believe anyone would have chosen to get married. There truly are few homes in Asheville that can state they have a mountain view, yet can provide the convenience to downtown and other Asheville attractions that this home has. A weekend before this couple arrived I had decided to retile the main bathroom, because it needed upgrading, and I really did wanted it to be perfect for them. What I had not anticipated was that the bathroom faucet needed to be replaced, because of the extra thickness of the tile. I could not get a plumber to come before this couple’s arrival so I had to adjust the faucet as best I could so they would still have hot showers and their plans would not be foiled by this. The shower now has a new control and a very nicely tiled shower area. I have learned that there is definitely a real need in Asheville for an affordable vacation home that can handle up to 10 guests at a reasonable price. I have learned that large groups are mostly very considerate of my home and leave it in a neat and tidy condition upon leaving as do so small groups. Perhaps it is the team work of a large group effort that that makes this possible. We pride ourselves in providing clean and sanitized bedding, comfortable beds, so even large groups will feel comfortable, cozy, and very much at home. This is a challenge because this cabin is 1800 square feet and not huge like some homes are that advertise for large groups. I have found that these huge homes are much more expensive than my home and can be extremely difficult to access along precarious gravel mountain roads. These homes do have the views but lack parking space, convenience, and accessibility to the main Asheville attractions. My home is located off a very accessible asphalt paved road that is just up the street from the North Carolina Nature Center. Many mountain roads are inaccessible in rain or snow events. Our road is plowed by the Nature Center and this road has recently been repaved and improved. All I can really say is that if we can please a large group who had decided that our home is where they wished to get married, then we should be able to make any sizable group or just a couple, feel comfortable and very much at home too. We will always try our very best to make your vacation experience in our home memorable, relaxing and cozy, so that you too will go away feeling that you chose your vacation home well.
Dallas, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 16 December 2014 for a stay in December 2014

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The Location was top notch!
Liked least: The layout had us a little confused at first, but we quickly figured it out!
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
Management Response
17 Dec 2014
We are always so very happy when a guest feels about our home as we did when we purchased it. This guest exactly expressed the feeling of our home when we lived there. Very convenient to all but as you look across the valley to the mountains beyond, seeing little development, it is as though you truly are in the midst of the distant beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains. This cabin was built in the 1940’s and has been remodeled with tender loving care. It was one of the first homes on the street and once served as a fishing cabin when Lake Craig still existing below the ridge. We do all we can to make our home comfortable, relaxing, and convenient for everyone no matter the size of their group. This is the second wedding group that has been our guest, so we know how important it is for guests, that showers are adequate and beds comfortable with plenty of clean sheets and towels. We have a very stocked kitchen and a large gas grill, so that even large groups can fix any meal they choose to feed everyone in their party in style and comfort. We have had guests tell us that they stayed in to enjoy the home many of their vacation nights, rather than go out to enjoy the restaurants or the many entertaining venues Asheville has to offer. We enjoy providing information about the area to our guests as both my wife and I work for the National Park Service, so provision of recreational opportunities has been our life’s career. We are experienced property managers and we will bend over backwards to ensure that everything is clean and presentable and any deficiency repaired or upgraded. We take suggestions for improvements seriously and have learned much from our guests on the how we might best do that. We loved living in this cabin for over 15 years, and it that time progressively made our home improvements and landscaped our yard to attract birds, squirrels, owls, bats and other wildlife. You are up on a ridge and that affords the grandest view all the way to the Blue Ridge Parkway and the Black Mountain Range beyond. Although Interstate 40 is visible from the cabin, the woodland that surrounds it on either side obscures it from view giving you a balcony view of a true mountain wilderness. While you are in a neighborhood, other homes are not prevalent in the view, giving you the feeling you are all alone in that wilderness. The North Carolina Nature Center keeps the road accessible even in a snow storm, which is a real plus being located on the same road. If a rustic cabin with all the comforts of home is where you wish to vacation, you have found it here.
ChiliPepp...
Lake in the Hills, IL
“EXCELLENT LOCATION”
Reviewed 5 October 2014 for a stay in September 2014

I recently rented this location with my wife and two friends. Our goal was to explore the city of Asheville, as well as the parkway and all its hiking possibilities. We were extremely happy with the place. The location was perfectly situated for our needs. We were able to zip in and out of the city so easily, being only about 5 miles away. There were 20 breweries in and around Asheville, and we were able to visit almost all of them in the week we stayed. Asheville is also a huge foodie city with a number of excellent restaurants and James Beard award winning chefs. We went on a brewery tour as well as a restaurant tour, and I highly recommend them both to get a quick view of the city amenities. Access to the Parkway is only a couple miles from the house – super easy access.

The house is located down the street from the Nature Center, and extremely close to the Highland Brewery, within walking distance. The house was clean and offered plenty of size for our group. There is a large deck in the backyard that overlooks the mountains. We sat there most mornings drinking coffee and evenings watching the sun go down when we weren’t still in the city. There are 2 bathrooms in the place. The master has a large walk-in tub that also had a shower head – you can sit down and take a shower at the same time. Worked perfectly for me!

I and my group would certainly return to this particular rental for the convenient location alone. Already missing Asheville.

Large groups
debbie324...
Hope, Indiana
“Excellent choice!”
Reviewed 19 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014

We stayed at Molly's Ridgetop Cabin for 3 days and it was a wonderful place to stay. It was clean and it was like being at home. If we had forgotten something it seems like we could find it at the cabin! The cabin had cable TV and CD's you could play - and it was extremely clean. It also had a beautiful view especially off the back deck which we thoroughly enjoyed. The neighbors were also very nice and friendly. We could not have picked a better place! I highly recommend it.

Thank you Larry!

Debbie

Travelling group: Extended Family
Linda N
Atlanta, Georgia
“Absolutely Beautiful and a Great Location - Asheville at its Finest!”
Reviewed 16 May 2014 for a stay in May 2014
people found this review helpful

My husband and I spent our honeymoon in Molly’s Ridgetop Cabin, one weekend before Christmas. We had traveled up from Atlanta and dreamed of spending our special time in Asheville. We loved the romantic country feel of this lovely home. During the winter when the leaves are gone from the trees, the views to the Black Mountain Range are awesome. What color we were treated to in the morning as we had breakfast from the dining room. The dining room overlooks the deck, which overlooks the mountains. We were surprised with an incredible evening sunset view from the living room as well. When we are on vacation we love to prepare our own meals rather than eat out every night. The owners went all out in providing the kitchen with what would be needed including: stainless steel pans, a WOK, a blender, a mixer, and all the dishes, bowls, and silverware. The kitchen included as much as we might have at hand at home. The owner provided a selection of coffee for the Kuereg coffee maker provided which we thought was a nice touch. We enjoyed visiting the Biltmore house just down the road and we went over to the Grove Park Inn one evening, which also wasn’t far away. We went to Doc Chey’s downtown which was a great place from a tip given to us from the owners. We want to come back for another stay to see the Fall color in the area. We would certainly recommend this lovely home to other couples for a honeymoon retreat. I know we will plan another stay at this wonderful place.

Liked best: Location and comfort
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Large groups
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing