“Highly Recommended - Such a great walking tour”

Asheville by Foot - Walking Tours
Ranked #26 of 64 Tours in Asheville
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Asheville by Foot's remarkable walking tours and urban adventures will help you make the most of your Asheville experience. Whether you're visiting Asheville for the first time or the tenth, or even if you call the city home, with Asheville by Foot you'll develop a deep appreciation for Asheville's rich history, stunning architecture and unique culture. Through great storytelling you'll learn about the local and national figures who have shaped Asheville over its more than 200-year history. Have fun exploring hidden and unusual places that are accessible only by foot. Get the inside scoop on the city's newest and most popular destinations. Whether you're visiting or are a local, Asheville by Foot's highly knowledgeable guide will offer you new and entertaining insights into this truly unique American city. Experience Asheville in a way that you will tell your friends about again and again.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I brought my mom in from out of town (I've lived in Asheville) and wanted to show her around without just meandering around shops and such. This was a week ago and she still can't stop raving about it. Who knew a walking tour could be so great?! I took one in Chicago a while back and it was so-so. Kevan made this awesome.

I loved his depth of knowledge of the history of Asheville. The audio devices were great! The distance and elevation of the tour were super-easy. Definitely not boring and so worth it!

I recommend that anyone from out of town start with this tour first, spend the 1.5 hours, and let Kevan be your walking concierge, so to speak. Then, you'll feel like a local for the rest of your trip.

Highly recommended.

KevanFrazier, Owner at Asheville by Foot - Walking Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Thank you for your recommendation and high praise. I am glad you and your mom enjoyed the tour so much. Our goal is to make sure the tour is convenient and comfortable. I am glad to hear that you two found that to be the case. Thanks for taking the tour during your visit to Asheville. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

My family and I have always loved to visit Asheville, but I never felt I knew much about the city beyond the "touristy" things. Kevan at Asheville By Foot changed that with an exceptional tour that showed me a side of Asheville that went beyond the main streets and deep into its fascinating history. You'll be glad you toured with Asheville By Foot when you come away with great restaurant recommendations, discoveries off the beaten path, and exciting historical information to share.

Thank you for your kind words. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the tour and all of the special places we go . We want to take advantage of being at street-level by going to places that are only accessible by foot and off the beaten path. Asheville has some amazing hidden gems and we are excited to share them with our guests. Thank you again. We hope to see you in Asheville again soon.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Great Tour. Walk the streets with a guide who knows everything about Asheville and tells you in an interesting format all of the history and interesting stories of this city. It's a tour everyone should take. I really liked the small headsets that are used so you don't miss a single word, no matter how big the group is. Don't be afraid to ask questions.

I am so glad to hear you enjoyed the tour. Thank you for your praise of our Tourmate listening system. Every guest gets a state-of-the art listening device so that they never miss a word on the tour. I am glad to share we have been receiving VERY positive feedback about the system. Thank you for your commendation and for taking he tour.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I've lived in Asheville for the better part of a decade and consider myself an expert on the town. Boy was I wrong. The tour guide's knowledge was superior in every way. From local dive bars to Asheville's founding fathers, I was consistently impressed with both the quantity and quality of the information provided.

There must be a dozen different downtown tours of Asheville - this one gets my money.

Thank you for your high praise and kind words. Our goal is to be in-depth but NEVER boring and for every guest to finish the tour with a richerknowledge of what makes Asheville one of America's most unique cities.

Thank you for reaching out to ABF to craft a special tour as part of the Urban Adventure we arranged for your guests.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I had a great time as part of Asheville by Foot's inaugural walking tour. As an Asheville local, I've been on a lot of other tours of Asheville, but our Asheville by Foot guide Kevan shared information and historic tidbits that I had never heard anywhere else. Our tour was focused on the Depression-era decline and subsequent revitalization of downtown Asheville and Kevan shared a lot of fascinating information with us about some of downtown's best-loved and lesser-known buildings alike. Kevan's love for his city is evident in his enthusiasm and he was happy to answer all of our group's questions. I'd highly recommend Asheville by Foot to tourists who want an interesting insider perspective on Asheville, and locals who want to gain a deeper sense of the origins of the Asheville we love.

Thank your for the recommendation! I am so glad to hear you enjoyed the tour. Our intention is that every guest finishes the tour as an Asheville "Insider." ABF wants folks to feel like Asheville is home, whether they live here or are visiting.