“Excellent vacation”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Rhinebeck
“Excellent vacation”
Reviewed 30 September 2012

Nice facility , clean and atractive rooms. Friendly staft.The location was only 5 minutes from the Belmore Mansion which made it easey to return to our room during the day.The breakfast bar was better than expected. There was a great assortment to choose from.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
Georgia
Reviewed 28 September 2012 via mobile

We stayed here because it was located just off the Blue Ridge Parkway. It is not fancy, but the room was comfortable and clean. We did not eat the breakfast, so I am unable to comment on that aspect. The desk personell were friendly and efficient.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank FlyingDeb
Kodak
Reviewed 23 September 2012

I was very pleasantly surprised with my stay at this property. After making my reservation, I had read some not so good reviews on it. Therefore, I wasn't sure what to expect. I was extremely satisfied with everything about my stay. The room was clean. The breakfast bar was good. Check-in and out were quick and friendly. The value for the room was good. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Ragerdy
New York City, New York
Reviewed 22 September 2012

We stayed here for one night before heading over to the Biltmore house the following day, and after viewing a lot of expensive places and sketchy looking places, we decided on this one because it was affordable at around $65, and the reviews on here were good. It was as expected, clean and comfortable, newly decorated rooms, a nice TV, and a very good breakfast with really anything you'd want. Fresh fruit would be the only thing they could add that would make it better. It's also very convenient to Biltmore as well as downtown Asheville. The whole place was great for the price, staff was really nice too...

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank JoefromNY33
Salem, Virginia
Reviewed 21 September 2012

I was worried because I had not stayed at a hotel with outside entrances in a very long time and I have never stayed at Best Western before, ever! The rooms were very nice, recently redone, bedding was great and really like the hotel room. Breakfast was ok, they had a hard time with keeping food out but other than that it was what I expected. The outside entrances still scare me and the steps to get upstairs are dark but all went well.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Robbinsville, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 September 2012

I stayed one night recently while visiting my sons at college and my sister in law in Asheville. I booked through Travelocity and received a rate of $66 which totaled after taxes to be just under $72. When I asked the reception desk what their base rate was, it was $72, so I saved a bit there. This was my first experience with Travelocity as well. While not thrilled that I had been given a back side room as a female travelling alone, I did know one of my sons would be bunking with me. Cleanest bathroom and tub I have ever seen in a hotel. Room had a safe, micro and fridge, 2 queens, flat screen with HBO although I was too tired to ever turn it on. It had been recently remodeled at least in the bath. My son said the breakfast was good, but I slept through it as I usually do. Will stay here again if I get this price. The price is accurate for what you receive, I believe, with the breakfast being a bonus, especially if you have a family travelling. Close to mall, movie theater and lots of dining opportunities.

Room Tip: I did not see an elevator as there are about three to four stand alone two story buildings. Perhaps...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Franklinton, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 September 2012

This hotel is what you would expect when paying $30 to $40 per night, but this is not what they were charging. For $90+ price point, there are many better hotels in the area. I know the room was just renovated, but my small bathroom had a fair about of mold in the grout, hair on the shower walls, broken lamps and the world’s thinnest towels. While the TV has cable, it acted more like an OTA tuner with the channels missing or fading. Finally, the outside lights were so bright in the complex that you had to get used to the room being illuminated - making me thing there was a crime problem. I will not be staying at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Travel another mile or so west on tunnel road for another hotel.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business