1,707 results
All reviewsbest westernswestern hotelsroom was cleantunnel roadasheville biltmorewafflesthe blue ridge parkwayconvenient locationstay there againfree breakfastbreakfast barfirst flooreasy accessgreat place to stayclose to downtownnice staymotel
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Although Best Westerns rate well overseas, my stay at this hotel was poor at best. The room felt moldy and stale. The lighting was poor. The only good news was that we spent very little time in the room and when we were there, we slept. I would not recommend the room we were in (assuming the other rooms are better since some folks on Trip Advisor had great stays here) which was a first floor room on the left of the entrance as you drive in.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Rarely have I been to a good Best Western but the Asheville Biltmore East is the exception. I was very skeptical because of the Best Western reputation and this is a dated hotel with exterior entrances but it is very well kept. The Lobby and interior room was very clean and the exterior was as well kept and clean as a new hotel. There some issues, the smoke detector was covered with a baggie not sure why I have no idea what was going on there. You could hear the traffic from Tunnel Rd a little but it did not bother me but a light sleeper it probably would. Being an older hotel it has the low flow toilettes so they do not flush the best in the world.

Breakfast was ok they had a nice selection eggs, sausage, biscuit, Grave and waffles made on site. It was like most other breakfast you see at other hotels these days. I will say the biscuits were hard and you could not pick them up with the tongs provided.

At check-out there was not anyone at the front desk and there was not anyone there the entire time I was in the lobby for breakfast so I just left the key. I wanted to tell them about the smoke detector but I guess not on this trip. I added several pictures of room 205 and my stay was on 2/8/14.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper get a room opposite side of Tunnel Rd.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank jtrinkle
Reviewed 7 February 2014

This hotel exceeded my expectation for a roadside location. I was expecting not to be able to sleep very well due to it's being on the highway. The room was very quite and I slept very well. I felt safe with the outdoor lighting. The refrig and microwave was a great touch. The beds felt luxurious as if I was in a four star hotel. The shower was spacious and the water was a good temperature. I was able to adjust the room temperature to my liking. I stayed for two nights and had a hot breakfast each morning. The price for this hotel was within my budget and I felt that it was worth more than the amount I paid.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Very clean and comfortable hotel. Pet friendly which was a huge plus for us. Comfortable bed. The hotel is very close to the VA medical center which was the reason for our trip.
The staff was friendly and efficient.
Will stay here again when in Asheville-

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank wardsusan
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We came in on av Friday afternoon, stayed the weekend. No wait at the desk, they had all the paperwork in order and ready to go. We stayed on one of the detached wings. We were able to park right in front of the room which made unloading the car very easy. The room itself was very clean, neat and everything worked. The location is close enough to get to anything you want to get too.

Room Tip: Kids? Ask for room on the detached wings, first floor. Its easier to park, unload and load back up.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family