“Great stopoff to Biltmore!”

Best Western Asheville Tunnel Road
Ranked #21 of 68 Hotels in Asheville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I made a reservation at this motel because it was close to downtown and Biltmore. The "internet rate" was very affordable. While it's an older motel, it is well maintained, and staff was friendly.This turned out to be an excellent choice, due to the awesome breakfast that was included in a price that was unbeatable!

Room Tip: Unless you smoke, request nonsmoking!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dennisntn
Write a ReviewReviews (1,614)

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Stay here every time I am in Asheville. On Tunnel Road, very close to downtown and the mall. I like that you can get to everything quickly but the hotel is in a quiet area. Always see nice, friendly guests about 18-30. Only paid $60 in February.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Amanda E
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Found this Best Western (Asheville-Biltmore) to be an excellent short-stay experience. Room was very clean, comfortable and attractive with a great bed and reliable, complementary WiFi. Staff was both pleasant, attentive and helpful; breakfast (also included!) offered good variety, quantity and quality. Excellent value for location and accommodations!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank SEUSAtraveler
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Had prepaid reservations, when we checked in the only vacant rooms left were smoking rooms. They were beyond disgusting. We had to leave. This property is definitely not a 3 star hotel -- it's a MOTEL from the 60s with exterior doors that face the parking lot. It looks like somebody painted the exterior and threw some granite countertops into the bathroom in hopes of fooling somebody into thinking it is a 3 star establishment....

Room Tip: If you insist on staying here, call directly and make sure you can have a nonsmoking room
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Let me start by saying that I stay at Hampton Inn whenever possible, but I came across this Best Western and saw that it was very conveniently located for our purposes and had good reviews. We decided to give it a shot, and I am SO glad we did.

Most of the rooms exterior-door style, which I don't like, so when we drove up to the building I was a little concerned. I was encouraged by the lovely lobby and large breakfast area. When we opened the door to our room, I was pleasantly surprised by the large size and how nicely decorated it was. Typically, I have a horrible night's sleep for at least the first night in a hotel. Not so here. The mattress was incredibly comfortable, the pillows (4 per bed) were like clouds, the sheets were soft, and the comforter was warm.

There was a large marble vanity at the end of the room, and the bathroom itself had a separate pedestal sink. The shower head was wonderful. My only negative in the bathroom was there was no cover to the toilet, so I was constantly afraid I was going to drop something into it.

Breakfast was delicious with lots of variety: fresh fruit (apples and bananas), make-your-own waffles, eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, bagels, bread, all of the condiments, cereal, oatmeal, milk, juice, coffee with half-and-half (extremely important to me!) . . . you get the idea. I had something different every morning.

This is getting pretty long, so let me just say that my husband and I stayed for four days at this hotel with our two teenaged daughters, and we were all sad when it was time to move on.

I'm still not sure whether this was my mistake or theirs, but I could have sworn the website said they had a fitness room, so we were disappointed when there wasn't one. But, again, maybe I was confusing this hotel with another.

Oh, and as far as noise, we were never disturbed until the last night of our stay (Friday - Valentine's Day) when someone couldn't seem to get their car alarm under control around midnight; but of course, that wasn't the hotel's fault.

Room Tip: Our room was on the first floor on the back side of the center building - a non-smoking room with 2...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank KG J
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Although Best Westerns rate well overseas, my stay at this hotel was poor at best. The room felt moldy and stale. The lighting was poor. The only good news was that we spent very little time in the room and when we were there, we slept. I would not recommend the room we were in (assuming the other rooms are better since some folks on Trip Advisor had great stays here) which was a first floor room on the left of the entrance as you drive in.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Rarely have I been to a good Best Western but the Asheville Biltmore East is the exception. I was very skeptical because of the Best Western reputation and this is a dated hotel with exterior entrances but it is very well kept. The Lobby and interior room was very clean and the exterior was as well kept and clean as a new hotel. There some issues, the smoke detector was covered with a baggie not sure why I have no idea what was going on there. You could hear the traffic from Tunnel Rd a little but it did not bother me but a light sleeper it probably would. Being an older hotel it has the low flow toilettes so they do not flush the best in the world.

Breakfast was ok they had a nice selection eggs, sausage, biscuit, Grave and waffles made on site. It was like most other breakfast you see at other hotels these days. I will say the biscuits were hard and you could not pick them up with the tongs provided.

At check-out there was not anyone at the front desk and there was not anyone there the entire time I was in the lobby for breakfast so I just left the key. I wanted to tell them about the smoke detector but I guess not on this trip. I added several pictures of room 205 and my stay was on 2/8/14.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper get a room opposite side of Tunnel Rd.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo