“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Magnolia, Mississippi
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2009

My wife and I stayed here for three nights and it was very comfortable. The rooms appear to be newly remodeled, and are large. Our room had a desk, table, two chairs, and two queen beds. No foul odors or evidence of uncleaness. The staff was very friendly. Location very close to the interstate and downtown. We stayed in a jacuzzi room the third night, also very nice. The building is setup like a motel but the rooms are like hotel rooms. Will definitely stay here again.

ONE TIP: Book your room well in advance - the closer to the date you are coming the more expensive the rooms get.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
south missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2009

Stayed one night, room looked clean upon entering, however when air conditioner was turned on emitted a moldy odor. We all left with headaches. Room was expensive for hotels in its class. Continental breakfast was average.
Stayed on the first floor, could hear occupants above walking around, most annoying. We will not stay there again.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
Ghent, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2009

They gave us a spacious, clean room (I’m a fan of the Best Western smoking policy, by which they charche you $250 when you do smoke in a non-smoking room). The complimentary breakfast was okay. The staff could've been friendlier, but apart from that, I don't understand why some reviews are so bad.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2009

I only stayed here one night passing through, but we were more than pleased with this motel. Our room was newly renovated and very clean. Only downside was that the cleaning products used leave a little bit of a weird smell, but it is tolerable. The girl at the desk was very pleasant the night we checked in, however the next morning we left very early and the main building was locked and there was no one to take the key. Very close to the highway and pretty quiet, would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a night based on the price, location, reviews, and the fact that they allow pets. I was nervous because it was one of the least expensive hotels and they were pet friendly. When we arrived, however, I was pleasantly surprised. While it looks like a typical motel from the street and is certainly not located in an idyllic setting, I was surprised to find the lobby quite nice and the staff helpful. The room was very clean. It looked like it had been recently renovated. The bathroom was immaculate and the bed was very comfortable. Though this is no 5 star hotel, it is clean and I truly enjoyed my stay there. Additionally, it is an easy drive to both downtown Asheville and Biltmore. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2009

Originally rented a room one night for New Year's Eve...visiting friends for the holiday. New Year's morning decided to stay an additional night, so called front desk to ask if I could extend my stay. Was told by front desk to simply bring my key card by to be re-programed and they would do the extension. This I did.

Later that afternoon, as I was resting in the room..lying totally nude on top of the bed...the door swung open and an elderly couple came walking in on me. Apparently the front desk had rented the room to other people as well.

I went to the front desk and asked to speak to the manager. The afternoon/evening desk clerk was very apologetic and advised the manager was gone for the day and would be back in at 9am through check out times, and that she was writing a note explaining the situation. I specifically asked her to let the manager know I would like to speak to him personally.

The next morning at breakfast (a little before 10) I noticed the clerk from the morning before pointing me out to who appeared to be the manager. I finished eating, went back to the room to brush my teeth and put my luggage in the car, and came back to the front desk (now about 10:15) to check out and to speak to the manager. When I got to the desk, I was told by the clerk that she had already spoken to the manager about the situation and that he was not there. (He'd only be in for an hour and left already). When I asked her when he would be back in for me to speak to him I was tole "sometime". I asked if she could reach him by phone and was told no but he'd told her to just take 25% off the room for that one night (and they had actually redone the billing to the most expensive rate, not my corporate rate so there would have been little if any true discount).

At this point there was a line forming behind me to check out, so I again asked the clerk if she could contact the manager to let him know I wanted to speak to him...and to also tell him that I would be happy to advise the other guests what the problem was/why it was taking so long. I then turned to the lady behind me and began telling her that the hotel had given keys to my room to another couple. While I was doing this the desk clerk disappeared for a second and then came back saying she had just spoken to the manager (the one who couldn't be reached) and that he had said to just comp the room for that night. I never was allowed to speak to him.

In addition to the obvious security issues (what if it had been a felon instead of an elderly couple that the keys were given to?), not to mention the embarrassment, etc. the fact that the manager simply refused to speak to me regarding the whole situation was absolutely unacceptable.

• Disliked — Complete lack of security as well as HORRIBLE attitude of management
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank R_Saint_Tennessee
Myrtle Beach, SC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2009

Passing through for 1 Night and this Best Western was just fine. Breakfast was good, room was spacious and clean. Would recommend this property to anyone in the Asheville area.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)