“Overall just bad”

Ramada Asheville / Biltmore West
Ranked #59 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed 26 September 2011

This hotel is not good at all! When my boyfriend and I first checked in the lady at the front quoted him$79. Well there was a gentleman next to us that she quoted inside rooms at $79 and $71 outside . Our $79 quote was for a outside room only!! Then my boyfriend is suppose to get a 10% goverment discount and that did not happen. She said she put it on there but it wasn't. Finally get in the room and someone had already been in that room. Sheets were all messed up. Called the front desk to tell them and according to her there were no more king size beds avaiable. So we asked for some clean bedding and about a hour later they bring it to us. Then, we had to change our own bedding. That really upset me. Also, the comforter had a stain on it, carpet was nasty, and the tv was ready to give out. Notified the front desk of all the problems and they did not care. Oh well attitude!! So if you want to stay at a nasty and we don't care attitude hotel this ones for you. Oh, and don't forget you will have to do your own housekeeping.

• Stayed: September 2011
2  Thank Angela75NC

Reviewed 12 September 2011

The front desk staff ( Hannah & Liz ) where professional and pleasant . The front desk to the housekeeper all are wonderful. The bed with all the fluffy pillows was really nice. . Got a great night sleep and noise level was quiet. The room was a great price for the stay. The lobby was nice, the pool was great .Also a play area for kids. There is an IHOP attached to the motel that offers 25% off for motel guests or if you prefer , a free continental breakfast. Sure there were little things, ( it is an older motel) but if you go just looking for a nice comfortable place to stay at a reasonable price with a nice pool and good staff, this is your place! Don't worry about the negative reviews, Well worth your money and I will definitely come back again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 August 2011

we stayed over the weekend , a big disappointment the room looked nothing like the photo,s on the internet, the room smelled. the room was un clean. spider web behind the door, cob web behind the door. the beds made us itch . my wife found a cigar but in the sheets !!! the bath door looked like someone tried to punch a hole in it. the room needed painting. the carpet felt nasty. i will never stay at another ramada again ! my wife and i have been apling cream in case it was ITCH MITES in the bedding. AVOID THIS DUMP !!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank doug c
Reviewed 20 August 2011

I've literally been staying here on business for weeks on end for five or six years now and dont plan to change anytime soon. Heres the skinny, the hotel used to be a best western until a few years ago until a new owner bought them out and I will say that since then the hotel has started to decline. They years ago had a sales mngr that worked hard on tour bus trips to biltmore and cherokee and servicing conventions. Since it became a ramada this doesnt seem to be happening and I honestly dont think the hotel can afford to keep it to its glory of days old. Here are the problems. The hot tub does need repair its a bit rediculous why it hasnt happened yet. The night watchman doesnt watch anything except for the lobby television so people that arent staying there are always in the pool. The handyman worries more about working on his broken down cars then taking care of the rooms and the motel managment really needs to address these issues. A lot of the staff are foriegnors who live there and really dont seem qualified for maintenance on a property this size so I assume they come cheap. Now for the good the mattresses were changed when it became a ramada so they are pretty new. The room cleaning staff is bar none five star excellent! If the hotel would find maintence staff as good the place would shine again. The breakfast is still IHOP only now its brought over and not cooked to order. For dinner applebees is in the parking lot so you can walk from your room to a rest. and bar. The front staff is friendly and will do whatever they can to help. The property is safe and you cant beat the price. I really think its a diamond in the rough jus needs better management and a little tlc.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank cjournigan
Reviewed 17 August 2011

Stayed there for 1 night on the way back from SC. It was very clean and nice. Staff was friendly. Hot tub was out of order at the time. Would stay there again. Free breakfast included IHOP items.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Stacy092973
Reviewed 29 July 2011

When we first walked in to the lobby it smelled very interesting (in the worst way possible) and screamed 80's (as the rest of the hotel was both 70's and 80's). They forgot to give us the room key for our second room, and put it on the other half of the hotel after we specifically requested they be near eachother... We walk into the room and are overcome by an unknown scent, I attempt to plug in my iPod touch (which I would desperately need throughout the trip) in the outlet closest to the door and the outlet doesn't even work... they offer to not wash your sheets for the night to, er, save the environment, but I think they're just too lazy. The staff was just a ragtag group of rebellious young adults... anyway, huge dent in bathroom door, gap in front door, terrible wireless connection, a mysterious bug, stains in the pillows, bad TV reception, black spots all around the wall... I went with an old lady who lives in a rundown apartment in southwest VA, so she knows bad quality, and she was even disgusted. But I've only told you about the rooms. The indoor pool was freezing and the hot tub was just an empty void with wooden planks sticking out and some caution tape, the sauna was filled with vandalism and the young children in my party found some very vulgar writing on the benches, the outdoor pool is filled with bugs. The pool table was taken by some large, burly staff workers all day. The IHOP attatched is very bad too, the eggs were always cold and the ceilings were dripping. The hotel overwhelms young ones with its large size and what seems like lots of fun, but it is a very bad hotel and I do not reccomend it.

Room Tip: Just don't go; save money, time, and a few days of our life!
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank I-Live-To-Travel-07
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We have stayed at this hotel about 6 times this year for work. It is a little run down, I think it is an old Holiday Inn Holidome. It has a huge atrium with a pool, hot tub, game room, pool table, a little kids play area, mini golf, fitness center, a fountain and lots of seating. It hasn't been refurbished since it was built in the '80's.

The rooms are fine. Comfortable beds with nice sheets and 4 pillows. The tv's are old but they have pretty good cable with 3 kids channels. The bathrooms are not as nice as I would like, I think they are sanitary, but they really need a good deep cleaning.

The pool is heated (sort of).
The hot tub has not ever worked any time that I have stayed there.
The little kids play area is only a walled off area with a Little Tykes playhouse in it.
In the game room only about half the games work well, if at all.
The atrium is dimly lit and a little bit spooky, even during the day.
They have free coffee in the lobby all of the time.
The lobby is lovely.
They have conference rooms.
Staff is friendly and polite (for high school kids)
They used to have free breakfast (limited menu) at the connected IHOP, but they have stopped doing that. That makes me sad, since it was the only thing that made me feel like I was getting a good deal. Now they have their own hot continental breakfast with powdered eggs, cold mini pancakes, pretty good sausage, not very good pastry and muffin collection, yogurt and cereal. Not even a waffle maker. I think that losing the IHOP is the deal breaker for me, I felt like my room was $20 cheaper by feeding me and 3 kids IHOP. We will probably stay somewhere else with a nicer pool next time.

All in all, if all you want is a comfortable bed in a quiet hotel with good access to the highway and downtown Asheville, go here (or about 20 other places in town).

Room Tip: Get an inside room if you want to feel safe or use the pool.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business