“STAY AWAY”

Ranked #57 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
Nacogdoches, Texas
“STAY AWAY”
Reviewed 7 November 2011

This place should be condemned! Filthy! Strong, unpleasant odor when I unlocked the door. Should have not entered the room. No security lock on the door, stained, worn, carpet and furniture. Bathroom light would not come on. TV remote didn't work. NASTY. Pictures are deceptive. Must be of a different hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 47ssh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Prior Lake, Minnesota
Reviewed 29 October 2011

The chairs and carpet have lots of stains. The whole place looked like it was ready to be torn down for redevelopment. The free breakfast was good and the staff was friendly and helpfull but I would not stay there again. We where on a 23 day road trip/vacation. Ramada is going down fast and based on this I would rather take my chances on a Days Inn.

Room Tip: Find a Choice Hotel. The other 21 days of our trips we stayed at Choice Hotels and did not have an e...
1 Thank tginmn

Travellers are raving about these Asheville hotels

Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 23 October 2011

The location of this property is great--close to plenty of places to eat and to the interstate. The rooms were pretty bad--definitely not up to normal Ramada standards. It is a very dated and plenty of things needed minor repairs. The biggest disappointment was the closing of the hot tub--it wasn't just closed but ripped out and it looked like it had been that way for a while. There was not notice on the property's website about it being closed. Major disappointment!! We thought we would try the "heated" indoor pool. Definitely NOT heated--it was one of those indoor-outdoor connected pools and the temperature of the water was the same on both sides!! There was a good free breakfast with hot food from the Shoney's located on the hotel property. Still, a big let down from previous stays.

Fairfield, Virginia
Reviewed 14 October 2011

I spent 4 nights at The Ramada Biltmore West with my wife for a conferance. We stayed in one of the exterior rooms as I like to be able to step out for fresh air. The room was clean but it was detiorating. We always had trouble getting our key to work. One day we had to go to the desk 3 times for a new key and finally a maid came along and let us in. We changed rooms because the king bed we had was so hard only to find the the twin beds were just as hard. Some people like a hard bet so that can just be our preferance. The first room had wet carpet and the second room had no floor mat for the shower and was very slippery so we put a hand towel in it. The blow dryer was loose from the wall. The breakfast was from the I-hop next door and wsan't bad but could have been fresher. Would I stay her again? I guess if I just needed a place to sleep without any frills. The price however should be lower if they are not going to make upgrades and if they don't it won't be there long.

Room Tip: try the interoir rooms they might be better kept.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Morehead City, North Carolina
Reviewed 13 October 2011

We stayed overnight in this hotel during a car trip we took down the Blue Ridge Parkway. The hotel is located out of town but convenient enough to restaurants and shopping. Don’t be fooled by the name it is nowhere near downtown or the Biltmore. I could not hear the clerk at check-in because of the live Mariachi Band. Thankfully we were placed at the back of the hotel. Parking is convenient. There is also an IHOP adjoining the hotel. The hotel is very dated. Free breakfast is offered, but IHOP is tempting. There is a laundry area on site.

The beds were comfortable with nice linens. The rooms are sizeable, clean, tidy, full of local travel info, but very dated.

Overall my stay wasn’t great or bad. It is a little subpar in comparison to most Ramada standards. The price was reasonable.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 2 October 2011

This property is a mess. It's old, and showing it's years in nearly every area. This can't be a corporate owned hotel as there is no way a "real" Ramada would be allowed to operate in such a rundown condition. Frankly it should be closed, gutted and completely refurbished.
I've been in places like Motel Six and Hotel Eight that were in better shape.

A short list of issues includes

Worn, stained, and torn carpet in room and common areas.
Broken chairs in room.
Bathroom ceiling textured paint peeling and broken toilet tank top.
Mold and mildew in many spots.
Non existent internet signal
Pool and hot tub under construction
Old cheap TV with broken remote
Broken tile all through common area.

The only reason I didn't rate this a Horrible is that there seems to be a slow attempt to bring this hotel back from the dead.

We had a better than average bed with very nice pillows.
Newer equipment in the fitness center.
And a pretty descent breakfast bar

1 Thank Kumasan
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 26 September 2011

The staff of the motel was very friendly.

My reservation was not in the clerk's computer and it was a good thing I had my reservation confirmation copy with me or I wouldn't have gottenthe quoted rate.

My bed was very comfortable. There needs to be better placement and more electrical outlets in the rooms. I carry a ventolator and a CPAP machine with me as well as a phone charger and again, it was a good thing I had an extension cord with me. Still, I didn't like having to bend over the beaureau to plug in my devices.

The morning buffet breakfast food was delicious and well presented.

The hot tub was out of order and the desk clerk said it might be 4 months before it would be fixed. Say What? ?

Room Tip: ask for inside room.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business