“Perfect Location”

Ranked #44 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Poughkeepsie, NY
“Perfect Location”
Reviewed 23 May 2011

We enjoyed our stay here while in Asheville. First of all, the location is great for walking to everything downtown and it is also a great location for driving to everything in the local area. We were given directions, a map, and suggestions on where to go when we asked for help at the front desk.

The room was very nice, no complaints here. Comfortable king size bed, nice sheets, clean, great flat screen tv, nice bathroom. We asked if we could have a fridge in our room, and it arrived within minutes. The noise from the ice maker in the hallway was kind of loud, as were some of the guests in the hallway on the first night (Saturday), however on Sunday and Monday that was not as much of a problem.

The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. When we first checked in, we asked for a quiet room, and the one they gave us had a rather unattractive view out the window. My husband called the front desk, and we were given another room right away.

We really enjoyed the use of the computers in the "business center". It saved us from traveling with our laptop, and they had everything you need. We were able to print out directions, etc, it was a nice and convenient set up.

One other very nice amenity, a coffee station was set up every morning in the lobby for guests with complimentary coffee and tea. It was nice to have coffee early, then head out on foot for the day for breakfast. There was breakfast available at the hotel btw, but we did not end up eating there. They had a breakfast buffet and regular menu as well plus it is a steak restaurant at night.

We would stay here again on a future trip. We are so glad we booked here after getting an idea of the area, believe me it is a great choice for the money and location.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the far end of the hallway.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
mountains of nc
Reviewed 18 May 2011

I stayed at the Four Points due to reviews on trip advisor. This is an older hotel that has been remodeled. The room was very clean, large, well appointed and the bathroom was spotless. The water pressure in the shower was perfect. I did ask for a room away from the highway and noticed very little noise from outside. The sound from the halls did seem to be heard more in the middle of the night. Bed was extra comfy and I loved the extra pillows. Staff was very nice! I would recommend this hotel without hesitation.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Waldorf, Maryland
Reviewed 23 April 2011

Four Points Sheraton in Asheville is obviously an older hotel that has been renovated. I had some concerns after I booked and reading some of the previous reviews but up on checking in I was happy I hadn't switched to one of the more expensive options in the downtown area. My first concern is always cleanliness. I can stay about anywhere as long as it is clean. Our room and all the hotel met that requirement. Everything was spotless. We arrived about 2:30 p.m. and were worried that we wouldn't be able to check in early but this wasn't an issue. The staff was very friendly and helpful. It is not an upscale or fancy hotel but it is a nice, clean hotel that provides a more reasonable option for staying in the downtown area.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Long Island, NY
Reviewed 22 April 2011

Due to so-so reviews on Trip Advisor, I booked at this downtown hotel with some trepidation. At the time of booking, I was influenced by practical considerations: 1) the hotel's location; 2) the cost of the room during a very busy weekend and 3) the availability of a complimentary fridge and microwave.

The Four Points by Sheraton exceeded my expectations. Staff members went out of their way to be helpful. Even during a very busy weekend (Biltmore's Festival of Flowers and concerts by Widespread Panic both have a fan base!), they were friendly and efficient.

The location is wonderful. If you enjoy walking, it is an easy walk from the #6 bus connecting the airport with downtown. It is across the street from one of the pick up points for the GrayLine Trolley. (In other words, without a car, you can visit Grove Park Inn). It is a few blocks from the Civic Center and the many attractions throughout downtown Asheville.

Greenlife is a wonderful organic food store well known by locals. It is located at 70 Merrimon Avenue, an easy walk from the hotel: There was great food in the room when not in the mood to eat out.

The University of North Carolina at Asheville is home to North Carolina's Center for Creative Retirement. The bus stop to UNCA is an easy walk from the hotel.

However, to visit Biltmore (It's a must-see destination!), a car or a taxi is needed. To visit the Blue Ridge Parkway, a car is needed. Surprisingly, given the proximity to Asheville, there are no group tours from the downtown area to the Blue Ridge Parkway or the Cherokee Nation attractions.

For visitors who require a trendy room or who have no practical constraints, there may be better choices in downtown Asheville. For those who like to be able to cook where they book, I highly recommend the Four Points by Sheraton.

Room Tip: Book through the hotel itself: Staff is great!
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
Blacksburg, VA
Reviewed 18 April 2011

The Sheraton Four Points is a renovated older hotel. My room was nicely appointed and in very good condition. The lobby was pleasant, and the hotel restaurant was good.

My room was close to the Interstate highway, and it was noisy as a result. Personally I was not bothered by the cars and trucks, and had no problem sleeping. Based on the reviews I read, others found the white noise disturbing.

I ate bearkfast in the lobby restaurant, which had to be ordered a la carte. The oatmeal was overcooked and did not appear to be steel cut oats as advertised. For a bowl of oatmeal, the price was fairly outrageous. Next time I'll walk to a restaurant.

The hotel location is very good - just about any downtown venue is walkable.

If you are offered a mid-to-low price for this location, it will be an overall good value. At the rack rate I think there are nicer hotels available in the downtown Asheville area.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing the Interstate
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 March 2011

Stayed here for a long weekend in mid-March. The location is perfect for exploring downtown Asheville - right off the highway, free parking, and walkable to bars, restaurants, shops, and sights (not the Biltmore, though). I didn't move my car the entire time. The hotel staff is extremely friendly and knows everything about the area. The room was okay in general with a lot of little not-so-hot things. It was a little dark. The "city view" was focused on the hotel's roof. The noise from the hallway and upstairs could be a bit much for light sleepers. There aren't enough plugs. That said, it was always very clean and comfortable, strong WiFi, and relaxing atmosphere. For $110/night, it was worth it.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DanRandom
Yuba City, California
Reviewed 23 February 2011

My mother and I shared a room for two nights last summer. We were charged 150.00 per night . Supposedly this was an agreed upon low package rate for the wedding we were attending. This was one of the worst stays I've ever had. We were near the elevators, and it seemed the noise from partyers returning to their rooms, went on all night. We had planned on doing some Friday night partying of our own at the hotel bar, only we couldn't. THE HOTEL BAR CLOSED AT 10:00 P.M. The hotel mattress was the absolute worst, though. I am 5'9" and my feet literally hung off the end of the bed.
Not wanting to embarrass the bride's family, I waited severals months to call and complain about how bad the beds were. The manager stated I should have known the length of the beds because the info is on Sheraton's web site. REALLY?

• Stayed September 2010