“Good location, decent hotel”

Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown
Ranked #46 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed 14 August 2011

The Sheraton is located in downtown Asheville, within walking distance to lots of cute restaurants and shops. The hotel itself is nothing special, but is a fine place to stay. Rooms were clean and nice.

1  Thank efrock

Reviewed 11 August 2011

My husband and I stayed here for one night, and were glad it was only for one night. When we arrived the staff seemed nice so we were optimistic. The front desk employee even said she was moving us to a better room! Well when we got to the "better room" we were worried what the other room would have been like. The room smelled and was right outside the highway with all the noise. The bed was uncomfortable. The icing in the cake was when the road construction started right outside our window. We called the front desk but they made no apologies and said they could not move us, the construction will end at midnight! Don't take your chances staying here we won't be returning.

• Stayed: August 2011
FourPointsAsheville, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2011

Thank you for bringing to my attention your concerns about your last stay. I certainly apologize that you did not have a perfect stay with us. We always try to provide the most comfortable rooms for our guests. I am sorry my staff was unable to move you because we were sold out the night of your stay. You mentioned some road construction noise during the night and I want to apologize for my associate telling you it would stop at midnight. Unfortunately the North Carolina DOT does not let us know when they will be working on the roads so that is beyond our control. However, my staff should have compensated you in some way. Again, I am sorry for any inconvenience. Your experience is not our standard nor our norm. I would love to have you come stay with us again and allow me the opportunity to make your stay uncomplicated.

Reviewed 10 August 2011

if you're looking to stay downtown just a short walk from all the bars and restaurants (5-10 minute walk, tops, depending on where you are going), then this is probably a good hotel for you. quality wise, it's definitely one of the lower end sheraton's i've ever stayed at, but that being said, it was fine. it wasn't dirty or anything like that. it just looked and felt old. my only real complaints were that they only had fridges in some of the rooms - but not ours (despite what they told us when we were making the reservations) - and the beds were kind of short. i mean almost laughably! i'm 6'2, and so it didn't come as much of a surprise when my feet didn't fit on the bed, but i was surprised when my sister, who was also staying in the hotel and is only 5'7, said the bed was too small for her too! they also only have one elevator, which could take a little time to wait for, so i usually took the stairs. but the pool was very nice, and it looked like they had a nice steak restaurant off the lobby. i can't say for sure because i didn't eat there (why would you when you're staying in a restaurant-mecca like asheville?!) so i would say that, if you're biggest priorty is location to downtown restaurants and bars, i would recommend this hotel and stay here again myself. especially if you can get a good deal on a room. i was here for the bele chere music festival and so all the prices in town were maxed out. the sheraton charged $220 a night that weekend, but normally you should be able to get a room here for well under a hundred.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Yankeebaseball
Reviewed 10 August 2011

We enjoyed our recent stay at the Four Points by Sheraton in Asheville. We were searching for a reasonably priced, clean and centrally located hotel within walking distance to all the downtown area has to offer and close to major roads/highways. We found it all at the Four Points. It was an easy walk to all downtown venues and could easily drve to other areas in Ashevile and surrounding towns. There was plenty of free parking at the hotel. The only negative was some street noise but it didn't really bother us. We stayed busy and only used the room for sleeping/bathing. The bed was comfortable. Overall, we thought it was a great experience and will return.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank MHSTampa
Reviewed 6 August 2011

We have been to Asheville several times and usually stay at B&Bs which are charming but pricey. This time we wanted to keep our costs down and stayed at the Four Points. It's fairly large for a Four Points. Rooms are large and clean. The outdoor pool is a wonderful amenity on a hot summer day. The best part about it is that it's a short walk to all the downtown shops and restaurants. There is a large restaurant on site but I don't know why anyone would eat there with so many great options elsewhere (try Tupelo Honey Cafe and Early Girl Eatery).

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank coolya
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Bad news from the get go. Walked into the room it smelled like smoke. I called the front desk to make sure we were given a non smoking room.... The sarcastic response was... The whole hotel is non smoking. No empathy, no offer to switch. Fine ok, I can deal with it.. Nothing a little bit of lysol couldn't handle. We unpack ,get comfy. Front desk calls to check on us. We tell them we are fine... That is until 20 minutes later when my husband goes to the bathroom and a ROACH jumps out of the towels and up the spiket. At the same time I am trying to order a movie. I get a message saying I'm not checked in. I call the front desk . He confines that we are checked in. I tell him about the roach. He sends the maintenance man up. The maintenance man comes and let's out an exasperated whistle... As though he has no clue how to fix the issue... And again looks confused when I explain the roach situation. Fine. We ask to move. Concierge proceeds to blame the tv problem on the fact that we booked with expedia. Then accusingly says" when I called you 15 minutes ago you said the room was fine." My reponse was.." that was before the roaches decided to introduce themselves"... As though I am allowed to recind my "fine". We move to our new room... Have same issues with the tv. Call the front desk and find out that the tv service that all the hotels in the area use some times experience a traffic jame on the server . ..hmm so the problem is not expedia after all. The rooms are just ok, older and dingy.They say all the wrong things . Exhibit no empathy.. . They are clueless about customer service .

2  Thank shooz458

Thank you for bringing to my attention your concerns about your last stay. I certainly apologize that you did not have a perfect stay with us and if any of my staff was rude to you. We are a non-smoking facility and charge a $200 smoking fee for people who are non-compliant. My staff should have moved you to a different room immediately. As far as insects go, we do not have roaches in our building, we are inspected twice a month by a company that is Starwood approved as per standard. I have researched the incident with the movie and have discovered it was a problem with our cable provider so I certainly apologize for that inconvenience. Your experience is not the Four Points standard nor our norm. I would love to have you come stay with us again and allow me the opportunity to make your stay uncomplicated.

Reviewed 28 July 2011

We stayed here because we were in town for the Mumford and Sons concert. Great location... we were close to everything. The staff were super nice and helpful. Our room was roomy and nice.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends