“Had no problems with this hotel!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown

Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown
Ranked #43 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
Frisco, Texas
“Had no problems with this hotel!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

My husband and I stayed here recently for three nights. We found the room to be very nice, clean and quiet. The bed was comfy. The bathroom was rather small with hardly any counter space, however. The location was great! Just a short walk to the downtown area which is a plus; you have to pay to park.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
FourPointsAsheville, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Patsy S,

Thank you for your positive review. We are always pleased when our guests can have an uncomplicated stay. Your feedback is always appreciated. I hope that we can have you and yours back soon, but until then, take care and thank you for choosing FourPoints.

Guest Services Manager
Four Points by Sheraton -- Asheville Downtown, 22 Woodfin St, Asheville, NC 28801

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Lake Worth, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

I cannot recommend this hotel as I found men's shorts under my pillow when I went to bed - the bed obviously had not been stripped when the last guest left. The idea that housekeeping does not change the linens after each guest is disgusting and I would not trust the Four Points Sheraton in Asheville again. They are part of the Starwood Hotel Group and I certainly expected better.

The location (an easy walk to downtown) and the breakfast were good. I know this because we were given breakfast coupons as compensation for having to change rooms twice (the second room had dirty sheets). .We reluctantly stayed in a third room. This hotel definately has housekeeping issues. Check the bed before getting into it.

Room Tip: Ask if the sheets were changed after the previous occupant checked out. Mine were not!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank stephshul
Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. I sincerely regret that we have missed a good opportunity to make your stay uncomplicated, but I can assure you that we will address every point you have mentioned with our staff and use your feedback as a learning opportunity. I would hope that you would give us another opportunity to provide you with the convenient, stress-free and satisfied service that will exceed your expectations. Once again, thank you for staying at Four Points by Sheraton -- Asheville Downtown and we appreciate your feedback.

Knoxville, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

This Sheraton was in a great location. We were able to walk downtown and the walk was very pleasant. It was just an old tired hotel....that needs to be updated to charge the price that is being charged for a room for one night. The bath is small and the rooms on the fifth floor, where we stayed, overlooked the interstate. If we had not taken a noise machine to drown out the highway noise it would have been difficult to tune it out to sleep. We used Starwood points and were "upgraded" to the fifth floor...which was not any special thing as far as we were concerned.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear jetb18,

I am very sorry that your stay was not to your expectations. We do strive to make your stay as comfortable and uncomplicated as possible. The hotel is expected to be updated slowly over the 2014 year(as not to cause inconvenience for guests). I do apologize for the highway view , however being a downtown location, the view is mainly an urban scene. When it comes to upgrades; our hotel is a standard property. All of our rooms are the same; with only a few small amenities as a difference(fridge,microwave, etc). I never like hearing about a guest having an unsatisfactory stay, and very much appreciate the feedback. If there is anything we can do in the future to help better your accommodations please let us know.

Best regards,

NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

I stayed a few nights at the Sheraton. Check in was quick. The hallways seemed a little out dated to me, but the room was very nice and clean. I had breakfast there one day and do not have any complaints. I got a great deal online. The location is excellent for a nice walk to the downtown Asheville area. Overall a good experience.

I would stay again if I was in the area.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you, from all of us here at the FourPoints, for taking the time to give us a good review. I'm very pleased that you had a great stay,and hope that we can have you back soon. I hope that all is well, and please have a wonderful day.

hilton head
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

The folks at the Four Points are friendly and well trained. However, I felt that the experience wasn't worth the price. I realize we were there in "peak season", (Fall) and later in the week (Thursday, Friday nights) but for $218 per night, didn't feel the quality of the room was worth it.

Upon arrival, spider in tub which is not a big deal to me but wife would have freaked, had I told her. Mattresses' were somewhat soft and felt inexpensive, something one might expect at a budget hotel. Single ply, entry level toilet tissue, again not what one would expect in rooms in the $200 range.

Funny story though...... I guess when the cleaning gals were wiping down the shower head they left it fully extended away from the tub so when I turned on the water, POW! nailed me in the face and all over the bathroom. It was pretty funny actually so after my shower I adjusted it back to the "POW" position so I could get a good chuckle when my wife took hers! It did not disappoint!

1 Thank hhbartman
FourPointsAsheville, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Dear hhbartman,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. I'm very sorry that our facility did not meet or exceed your expectations and have forwarded your comments to our Executive Housekeeper. We sincerely hope that you allow us another opportunity in the future to better your experience. Thank you for your business and for choosing Four Points -- Asheville Downtown.

Bethel, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

This hotel is about 2 blocks from downtown! Upon checking into our room, we saw that one of the beds was broken- literally, the box spring was in two pieces! I called the desk to explain the problem, and a very understanding clerk said, "What can I do to make you happy"! I was impressed and we had breakfast on the house for four of us.... And it was quite good! Nice stay and we will stay there again...

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear cathi r,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay with us! I apologize for the issues you had with the bed and hope we were able to resolve it. We hope to see you again for an honest, comfortable and uncomplicated stay.

Thank you for choosing Four Points -- Asheville Downtown!

Memphis,TN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

We just stayed at the four points for 4 nights while in Asheville. The staff there is wonderful! The front desk was so helpful and friendly! The location was just awesome for us to explore downtown and to get in the car and drive other areas we visited. We were so glad to be able to travel with our dogs and we were given a room in the back of the total with easy access to the green areas out back door. The hotel I'd very clean and nice. Looking forward to future visits there!

Dear Sally N,

Thank you for the great feedback! We sincerely appreciate your kind comments and also look forward to having you back.

Thank you for choosing Four Points -- Asheville Downtown!