Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown
Ranked #43 of 65 Hotels in Asheville
“Meh”
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Not as convenient to downtown as other more affordable hotels. No wi-fi. The door would randomly stop working and maintenance would have to "fix" it. No microwave. No working coffee maker in room. Odd spots on the sheets. They charge you for local calls.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MarMarMarirene
FourPointsAsheville, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. I sincerely regret that we have missed a good opportunity to make your stay uncomplicated, but I can assure you that we will address every point you have mentioned with our staff and use your feedback as a learning opportunity. I would hope that you would give us another opportunity to provide you with the convenient, stress-free and satisfied service that will exceed your expectations. Once again, thank you for staying at Four Points by Sheraton -- Asheville Downtown and we appreciate your feedback.

Rory Chay
Guest Services Manager
Four Points by Sheraton -- Asheville Downtown, 22 Woodfin St, Asheville, NC 28801

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 24 March 2014

The room we got was clean and comfortable EXCEPT it was right next to the elevator so we heard it going up and down the whole night. The location to the restaurants and bars was within walking distance which was nice.

Room Tip: Do not get one next to the elevator, they are noisy.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
FourPointsAsheville, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Thank you for your positive comments. I am very happy that you had a great stay. Perhaps if there is a next time, we can get you away from the elevator. Thanks again and take care.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Close to everything. It was great to walk around Asheville and not have to worry about parking. Hotel rooms need some updating, but it was clean. We were their during March Madness, and all we could find on TV was basketball. They could use a few more channels. The attached restaurant (Chophouse) was great!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
I am glad that your stay was convenient. However, I am sorry that the basketball season put a slight damper on things. I assure you that if you give us another shot you won't regret it. Thank you so much for staying with us and have a wonderful day.

Take Care,

Tazewell, Tennessee
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

The location of this hotel is perfect for parking your car and walking to downtown. We didn't use the car all weekend. The king size bed was nice and comfortable and the room was very clean. Will definitely stay here again for our next weekend getaway to Asheville.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you so much for your positive remarks. We are always delighted to hear when a guest has a successful stay with us. I am glad that your time here was enjoyable, and we can't wait to have you back. I hope all is well and that you have a wonderful week.

Thanks and Take Care,

Orange Park, Florida
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I love Asheville and have stayed here several times because of its proximity to all things food and beer in Downtown. Walking distance to Lexington Avenue Brewery (LAB) and many other locale eats. Front desk always helpful and breakfast restaurant worthy of your first quick meal of the day. Rooms are showing their age. Not enough plugs around the desk area to charge phones, camera batteries, iPods, etc. but beds always comfy. Plenty of parking and easy access highway.

Room Tip: Great location for walking downtown.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank JeanAlan
FourPointsAsheville, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
Thank you so much for your positive remarks. It really brings us joy to know that your stay was a success. I hope all is well and that you can make it back soon. Take care and have a wonderful day.

Four Points Staff
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed 27 February 2014

The hotel's location was absolutely perfect! We parked the car and walked everywhere until it was time to check-out. Plus the hotel was fairly clean, which matters a lot. However, I expect more when staying at a Starwood hotel. Both the bed sheets are flat sheets and do NOT stay put on the bed while sleeping. I woke up once with 1/3 of the bottom sheet crumpled and twisted underneath my body...exposing the bare mattress. Then there was the lack of the staff. No one was rude, but I had to search for someone when I needed something plus call 2x just to get someone to answer the roomservice phone. Perhaps it was because the hotel was having a bad weekend or perhaps the hotel just needs to increase their daily staff.
Would I stay here again? Maybe but not likely.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Chelsea S
FourPointsAsheville, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Hi Chelsea S,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Your willingness to share is greatly appreciated. I would like to apologize that staff was not readily available during your stay. We typically do not staff as heavily during these months as we would for peak seasons. However, I do agree that a guest should never have to search for a staff member and I will address this with our department managers. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed our great downtown location and would hope that you allow us another opportunity at a future stay. We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing Four Points Asheville Downtown.

Steven Brown
Four Points by Sheraton -- Asheville Downtown
Martha's Vineyard
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I chose this hotel for it's proximity to town and the price, $89/night. I was in town for five nights, but given the mixed reviews, I reserved only one night and am glad for that decision. I checked into the hotel and arrived in my room, sitting at my desk to do a little work. The desk was extremely wobbly, the furniture worn and the bed frame was a homemade unfinished wood box, which was not covered completely by the bed skirt. I had been sitting at my desk for 15 minutes when a couple keyed into and entered my room. We were both surprised and they apologized, saying the front desk had given them the same room. I waited a half hour and went to the front desk to discuss the intrusion. Unbelievably, both the female desk clerk and Cesar, the Manager said 'Yes, it happens...' 'You were accidentally checked out in the system...' Really?! No real apology - strange. Cesar did offer to credit my Starwood account 500 pts, which I accepted, and then I asked if they could add a second room to my reservation, for my adult son, at a discounted rate. They did, at $68 for the night. The combined compensation was nice, but I will not stay here or recommend this hotel. I simply did not feel secure. I stayed at another hotel for the rest of my time in Asheville.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Knows
FourPointsAsheville, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments.

Rory Chay