“Not Impressed!!”

Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown
Ranked #45 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
“Not Impressed!!”
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

In Ashville for the 1st time traveling with my daughters AAU basketball team. We booked this hotel as a team. We played 4 games on Sat. & went out to eat as a team. We arrived at the hotel after 9pm to check in. The lobby was nice & staff friendly however once you pass the lobby it's like you are in a different hotel. The elevator was slow & dark. We got off the elevator on the 5th floor & was in complete shock! The doors had tape on them to identify room numbers & there were markings all on the walls. I will not stay at this facility again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Jaime A A, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
I'm very sorry for your experience. We are undergoing a wallpaper install and the 5th floor was being worked on during your stay. I understand first impressions are hard to change. We would however, love for you to reconsider and be our guest again so we can show you the type of property we truly are.
I sincerely hope we see you in the near future.

Kind Regards,
Jaime Adams

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Jeffersonville, Indiana
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

We were very happy with our 4 night stay. We had points we redeemed so I'm not sure what a normal night's stay would cost. It is a great location and we were able to walk to a lot of great places. We're pretty young and active so even a couple miles we'd walk to avoid driving and paying to park. The Lexington Ave Brewery and the Southern were nice, very close places to our hotel. The customer service was great and the renovations didn't ever affect us at all! We even got a couple of free drinks from the bar just as a "sorry about the noise." lastly, the only thing I didn't like was at 2:00 when going to the pool we couldn't grab a beer bc the bar wasn't open until 4:00. Aside from that, it's definitely a good place to stay.

Stayed July 2014
Andover, Massachusetts
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This hotel was clearly a basic, old hotel that they tried to do a basic renovation on and pass off as a higher-end offering. The ongoing renovation didnt affect us as it did for other reviewers, but as Starwood hotels are generally rather nice, this was a bit of a disappointment. The earplugs waiting for us on the bed were ominous, but we didnt actually have any issues with the noise (from the highway or construction). We were able to walk to the downtown area without issue, and the stay was fine overall.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Jaime A A, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Thank you for your review and please accept my apologies that your experience was not great. We are working hard to provide all our guests with a GREAT experience.
dekalb,il
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The room was very nice, very clean and comfy. More than enough room for 2-4 people. It was easy to get to downtown Asheville on foot and was in a safe area. The front desk staff were always very nice. One of the main reasons for my rating is that for the price there was no fridge or safe in the room. Another reason was the noise from the hallway, you can hear everything. There is no free breakfast. Although we rarely take advantage and there are great breakfast places in town.

Green Features: If you use your towels more than once you get a gift certificate that you can use in the adjoining restaurant. It's a nice perk.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
FourPointsAsheville, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you for your kind words. We hope to see you back soon. Take care.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed while the hotel was doing renovations. It was noisy during the day but never at night. The staff was apologetic and accommodating. The halls were being worked on, but the rooms were nice and clean.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for you honest review. I hope all is well and until next time; take care.

New Port Richey, Florida
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We were fortunate to get a room on the lower level because in this large hotel, there was only one working elevator, used by everyone including the maids. During the time that we were there, only one ice machine (there were only two available) was producing ice, making it necessary to take the stairs four flights up for ice. Our room had no refrigerator. This is an item that most hotels of this price range have today. We would have appreciated a night light and fan in the bathroom and a power strip on the desk. The beds were very comfortable and the pillows were good. The location was good for walking to Downtown and parking was plentiful. On the other hand, the price was excessive for the quality of the room that was offered.

Room Tip: Take a look at the room before checking in. The place usually is full because of the popularity of D...
Green Features: A food credit of $5 per night is available if one elects not to have the linens replaced and room cleaned up by the maids daily.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for the review. I hope that all is well, and that we will see you again in the future. Until then, take care.

Lake Ridge, Virginia
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Great location to walk to downtown. As picky as I am, even though the hotel is undergoing major renovation, my stay was excellent. I was very hesitant about reserving a room after reading other reviews. I booked this hotel and then canceled because I was concerned that I would be staying in a dump. The first night, I stayed at a hotel 2 miles away but was not impressed. I am so happy I trusted my own instincts an decided to stay the remainder of the time here. There are "pardon out dust" signs (don't let that scare you). I stayed on the 4th floor and did not hear any construction noise (I am a very light sleeper). The bed was very comfortable and the shower was pleasant. The bathroom was very clean. The front desk personnel were phenomenal. I did not get their names, but the gentlemen that worked the front desk on June 24th and 25th were very courteous/professional and exemplified true customer service skills. Also, the bartender made an excellent Sangria (the best way to end a long day of meetings). The breakfast buffet was filling and very good (normal fare... and included grits, biscuits/gravy, and yogurt parfaits). The food was warm, tasty, and not greasy/reheated). The waitstaff was friendly and accommodating. Oh, I did try the French Onion Soup. Definitely made from scratch. Loved it!

Now, because the hotel is undergoing renovation, you should expect to hear construction noise, see walls that are prepped for painting, contruction crews, missing floor moulding, drop cloths, tools, and etc. (I do hope that adding another elevator is in the plans - even though everyone was polite, it can be a long wait for the elevator). If you can't handle staying in a place during it's renovation, I suggest that you stay elsewhere until renovations are completed. It will save you the heartache, and save the front desk the headache of listening to your complaints. I also suggest calling the hotel directly when making a reservation to get the most up to date status on the renovation. Central reservations really can not give any definitive information. When I asked about the renovation, I was given the spiel about Sheraton being ranked in the top hotels...... nothing specific about this particular hotel. However, I can tell you that once the property is fully renovated, it will truly represent the quality expected from the Sheraton brand.

Room Tip: Choose a room clse to the stairs. Very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank trvln_d_wrld

We really appreciate your honesty. Most people aren't so kind. I hope that we can have you back once we are finished. Until then, take care.