“This is THE place to stay in Asheville NC!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Abbington Green Bed and Breakfast Inn
Ranked #3 of 38 Asheville B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Casselberry, Florida
“This is THE place to stay in Asheville NC!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

I have always felt that if I wanted a routine vacation, I would stay at a routine hotel. So, why on earth would I do that when I consider the vacation time I get so precious? Where you stay can add to the enjoyment and memories of a vacation. That is why I seek out B&Bs to stay when I am fortunate enough to take a vacation. The Abbington Green B&B is in a gorgeous historic home, that is close to everything you may want to do in Asheville. We golfed, went downtown and of course went to the Biltmore. Everything was very close. Our breakfasts were simply wonderful. Valerie is an outstanding hostess and made us feel very welcome. Our room overlooked her gorgeous garden. I personally find gardens to bring me much joy, and so being able to sip a glass of wine, relax and enjoy the peacefulness of it all, was a wonderful treat for me. We also enjoyed her huge front porch that I wish I had at my own home! Valerie made sure she reviewed all that Asheville had to offer - shopping, restaurants, etc.,. It really was a marvelous stay. Well done Valerie!

Green Features: This B&B uses all filtered water, and Valerie uses a lot of organic foods for her breakfasts.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

This is a luxury B&B close to the town of Asheville, the rooms are great and the breakfast is much more than you would expect. We stayed here for a long weekend and it was a delightful break in the mountains. We have no hesitation to recommend this as the best B&B in Asheville, NC.

• Stayed June 2014
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

After spending 4 days in the mountains, my wife and I wanted to find a location in town to take advantage of all that is Asheville. The Abbington Green is a great spot to get everywhere in minutes, located in the Montfort Historic district filled with lovely homes. Valerie was a wonderful hostess and perfect on her dining recommendations in the unfortunately over-saturated Asheville. Surprisingly lovely gardens ... and QUIET! Breakfasts were delicious.

1 Thank John B
Minneapolis, MN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

My wife and I stayed here for our 25th anniversary. The accommodations were precisely as advertised We found nothing amiss--although since we do not watch TV it was odd having 3 TVs in a one bedroom Suite (1 in LR, 1 in BR and 1 in Bathroom)...but each to his own. The room was clean quiet and the breakfast was great,

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

We went to Abbington green for the first time last week for 3 nights. It was WONDERFUL!!! Valarie was a lovely host in every-way! We reserved the small room but upon arriving we were given a suite and it was beautiful!!! You want for nothing, she has thought of every possible need you might have for your stay. Her breakfast was yummy and beautifully presented. Upon arriving we found out she had just received a 4 diamond review for her B & B and i can tell you she has earned it! What a wonderful 17th Anniversary we had there. Also all the restaurants we went to were her recommendations and lets just say we ate very very well while in town. Ashville is a great little city with SO SO much to offer! If you love food and art this town is so for you! The Biltmore is pretty sweet as well! Thank you Valarie for such a wonderful holiday..was just what we needed and more!

1 Thank Alli2472
Encinitas, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

If you are looking for an authentic English B&B experience this is where you want to stay. It is located in a charming, historic section of Asheville just a few minute drive to town but miles away as far as peaceful surroundings. As you drive up you'll first be charmed by the house and then by the beautiful formal English gardens.

The house has been restored to its original charm and is filled with lovely furniture. Plenty of room for guests to hang out. It would be the perfect place for a group to book several rooms. I am already planning a girls weekend for next year.

Breakfast is not to be missed. High quality, organic and delicious food that will be twice as nice as you are expecting even after reading this. She easily accommodated my gluten free diet.

And let's not forget the rooms. Here every detail has been considered and addressed; beautiful decor, chandeliers, nice linens and the extras too. My room had a refrigerator coffee pot, wine glasses, fireplace, but then add a huge air flow bath tub, heated towel bar and the under cabinet LED motion lights in the bathroom.

The Innkeeper has lived there for years and so has marvelous recommendations for the restaurants, concerts, shops and art galleries that make Asheville such a great place to visit. I stayed in Asheville at the Abbington for three nights and was sorry to leave both the area and the B&B. There is so much more to Asheville than the Biltmore.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Yes, my wife forced me to stay at here, I've never stayed at a B&B before besides the one her parents own and I must say I had a most enjoyable time. The room was superclean the place was immaculate the gardens amazing and the service,staff, food top-notch. From a guys perspective it's was great because it's was walking distance from the downtown bar scene. When I come back to Asheville I'm staying here again.

• Stayed June 2014